My R32 GTR pics - Page 31 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd June 2015, 03:35 PM   #601 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

Cars owned: R33 GTR
Why 2 wastegates?

As in why a manifold that required 2?

Last edited by R32 Combat; 22nd June 2015 at 03:38 PM..
R32 Combat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 04:26 PM   #602 (permalink)
nightcrawler is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

going single now T? nice one bud =)
Old 22nd June 2015, 04:48 PM   #603 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by R32 Combat View Post
Why 2 wastegates?

As in why a manifold that required 2?
As has bee mentioned previously on various threads on here and SAU, boost control is more effective with 2 smaller gate's rather than a larger single.

Besides, 2 are more expensive......

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd June 2015, 05:07 PM   #604 (permalink)
border1 is unaware they can edit their status. Or is he?

Cars owned: '90 R32 GTR, R27 Clio F1
It's also a twin scroll manifold, hard to vent excess pressure from 3 runners which aren't connected to the other 3 using one valve!
Dan ep3 turbo likes this.
Old 22nd June 2015, 06:57 PM   #605 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by border1 View Post
It's also a twin scroll manifold, hard to vent excess pressure from 3 runners which aren't connected to the other 3 using one valve!
Yes, that as well....

And because 2 are more expensive....

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
Old 28th June 2015, 11:08 PM   #606 (permalink)
New Users

Well, managed to find the right fitting by a bit of guesstimation.......

Rather chuffed with myself as I don't have an imperial thread checker and usually end up going through a few fittings before getting the right one...

Having a dilemma about exhaust manifolds but need to make a decision soon and get things moving.....

TT
Old 29th June 2015, 06:39 PM   #607 (permalink)
New Users

So, more going's on today...

Drilled and tapped the water jacket thingy under the throttle bodies....

Took it out to an M12 and used a grub screw I had lying about. I've no need for it so best of getting plugged!!

In a drilling and tapping frenzy, I did the same to the nipple that used to grace the rad top hose elbow......

I've ordered an M12 - AN6 fitting and will use braided hose between here and turbo water outlet.

THEN, I made up a little blanking plate for the rear turbo oil drain hole as I wont be using it any more...

Noticed that my block is an N1. Had a major suspicion about it when I bought the car and this categorically proves it. Certainly looks kosher to me chuckle:

In a fit of nonsense, I changed the water fitting to a stainless one over the aluminium one. So, water and oil feeds and rear turbo drain blank plate....

So that's all the water/oil port stuff done in prep for the hoses and fittings. Just need to decide on a bleedin' manifold!!!

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 29th June 2015 at 06:58 PM..
Old 29th June 2015, 08:58 PM   #608 (permalink)
kevr32 is loving mornings, and the cool fresh air, just breath...

Good job you took these pictures, because once the manifold is fitted you won't be able to see it's an N1 block, at least you have the proof.
Old 29th June 2015, 10:00 PM   #609 (permalink)
Supertec is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmac terror View Post
Well, managed to find the right fitting by a bit of guesstimation.......

Rather chuffed with myself as I don't have an imperial thread checker and usually end up going through a few fittings before getting the right one...

Having a dilemma about exhaust manifolds but need to make a decision soon and get things moving.....

TT
Your not going to do an R32Combat and use copper radiator pipes are you?
Old 29th June 2015, 11:24 PM   #610 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertec View Post
No. Is just the same but instead of the dual outlet fitting I have used a single barbed fitting.

After all, it's a car....not a central heating install

TT
Old 30th June 2015, 08:16 PM   #611 (permalink)
CSB
CSB is hoping this thread doesn't get locked...

Was just looking at post 537, I also want to remove all the crap under the plenum, have you got pics of what exactly is required and what needs to be blanked off?
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:22 PM   #612 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSB View Post
Was just looking at post 537, I also want to remove all the crap under the plenum, have you got pics of what exactly is required and what needs to be blanked off?
Suppose it depends on how far you want to take it with regards to your specific application.

I am using a single turbo and so the plenum side on mine looks thus....

Basically all gone, water and vac..... using the water/oil feeds from the other side of the block and the front water return here....

To which I have installed an AN-6 fitting.

Got myself a turbo pre-filter....

Which should provide a bit of extra filtration....

And, if that wasn't enough, I also managed to find an unused, secondhand (genuine) DEI T4 turbo blanket kit for a huge saving from new.....

Have decided on a Full-race exhaust manifold so will be placing an order imminently...

TT
FRRACER likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 2nd July 2015 at 09:27 PM..
Old 8th July 2015, 11:39 AM   #613 (permalink)
New Users

Received these this morning.....

Am in the process of getting shipping quotes from Full Race for a manifold so should have that sorted V soon.....

TT
Old 12th July 2015, 12:19 PM   #614 (permalink)
New Users

Despite me trying to have some resolve here I jumped in and bought Graham1987's Trust 264 9.7 cams

Full-Race manifold has a 4 week lead-time so getting these fitted will give me something meaningful to do in the intervening period

These should be a nice compliment to the GT4094 I reckon....

TT
Old 12th July 2015, 01:21 PM   #615 (permalink)
Saifskyline is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R33 GTR V-Spec
Very nice, I think I will be doing the same with the gubbings under the plenum!
Old 16th July 2015, 10:57 AM   #616 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

Cars owned: R33 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertec View Post
Mock as you will, it worked.
mambastu, Simonh and tarmac terror like this.
Old 16th July 2015, 07:24 PM   #617 (permalink)
New Users

So, placed my order today for a Full-Race T4 manifold with twin 44mm wastegate flanges and 2000deg ceramic coating.....

Can't wait to get it and the turbo on and plumbed in .....

TT
Sub Boy, CT17, m3dim and 1 others like this.
Old 16th July 2015, 07:27 PM   #618 (permalink)
Clarkep is unaware they can edit their status

Naughty bit of kit indeed... another milli second on the injector pulse and she'll run nice lol
Old 28th July 2015, 02:48 PM   #619 (permalink)
New Users

As invariably happens, I was sat the other day with money burning a hole in my pocket so ended up buying a pair of Bi-xenon lights....

Will remove std headlights and make up some carbon or GRP blanks. The near-side one will have a duct incorporated which will provide air to the monster K&N and both will have one of these lights embedded. Had thought about doing this for a while now so pushed the 'buy' button and stopped procrastinating....

TT
Old 4th August 2015, 12:28 PM   #620 (permalink)
New Users

Well....... some rather large happenings in the world of Skyline!!...

First off, I received my Xenon lighting kit which, for the money, is frankly amazing!!. Secondly, picked up compressor housing from local welding shop after they fitted my self-made boss...

Did a sterling job as usual (they welded my Ti decat and plenum)!!!

However, there has been a rather large (temporary) change of direction......
This month I planned to buy the Syvecs S8 ECU as well as the Motes CAN keypad and UTC adapter which would have pretty much finished off the (current, pre-mapping) shopping list!. Unfortunately I was presented with an offer that was just too good to refuse and have ended up spending my ECU stash on a share of an aeroplane!!!..

It was just too good an offer to pass up and the GTR has had to suffer the consequences . However, I will be saving up once more and the missus has agreed that the ECU money will come out of joint funds in the springtime rather than my own car/hobby stash so good news there...

So, time to contemplate with the GTR until spring I reckon......

TT