My R32 GTR pics - Page 35 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25th January 2016, 10:11 PM   #681 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by dA_RoB View Post
Came across this the other day:
TF Electronics - CAN EGT Amplifier

Maybe you should reconsider using it!

Cheers!
That's quite cool Rob!! However, I've now got my 'normal' thermocouple fitted but will keep that in mind for the future...

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2016, 10:29 PM   #682 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
On another note, I've been getting the car prepped for our possible house move which meant fitting the Aragosta dampers I bought a while back. They need a rebuild and I had them boxed up ready to go but as I'd sold my previous struts I had to get them out the box and put them on. While doing this I tool the time to fit some Whiteline adjust
able ARB links.

Next job was to get some fluid in the brakes and bleed them. This is where I ran into some issues.....
All was going well and had finished bleeding the front and rears. While I was feeling rather pleased that none of the pistons had seized I noticed that there was some fluid that looked like it had sprayed around the balance bar area. Long story short, both cylinders were leaking fluid from the seals like sieves!!! Odd as they were brand new genuine Girling cylinders.......They'd been fitted on the car for a couple of years but had never been used so I can't explain how they came to be knackered!!! Have just ordered a pair of replacement Wilwood cylinders of the same size so should hopefully solve the problem.

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
Old 3rd February 2016, 07:30 PM   #683 (permalink)
New Users

Been busy designing and fabricating my downpipe.... Was originally going to farm this out to someone but decided to get a load of bits and do it myself. The (almost) end result is quite satisfying!!...

Thought I'd allow a little protrusion to slot into the decat...

which helps with location. Also added a boss for my EGT thermocouple.

Got another amplifier coming as I think I may have fried the last one.

So, just a bit of tidying to do with the welding and the body will be done. Ordered some 1.75" tubing to do the wastegate oulets which I'll be connecting to downpipe via a pair of v-vands which will allow easier removal should I need to remove the downpipe at a later stage....

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 06:04 PM..

Old 3rd February 2016, 08:24 PM   #684 (permalink)
anthonymcgrath is probably succumbing to gravity... lemme check.. yep.. still there funnily enough
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: R33 gtst
Amazing mate really tidy work. You got afr sensor plugged into the decat then?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:45 PM   #685 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath View Post
Amazing mate really tidy work. You got afr sensor plugged into the decat then?

Yes, wideband's in the decat...

TT
Old 13th February 2016, 02:36 PM   #686 (permalink)
New Users

Been plugging away with the downpipe and, more specifically, the wastegate outlet piping..
After much faffing with downpipe off....bit of cutting/grinding...downpipe on....measuring...downpipe off....bit of cutting/grinding...downpipe on. yadda-yadda...I have finished the rear wastegate piping..

Now, just the front one to do but by the look of it, it will be a proper PITA. Reason is that the ONLY way I can route the pipe to the rear is to go under the N/S engine mount and just above the N/S driveshaft. To be fair, once it is lagged heat wont be an issue but I may have to tactically break it up with a V-band as I doubt I'll get a single-piece pipe in there once welded up!!!

Having installed my new thermocouple amp I'm getting some dodgy readings looking at the ECU Manager software...(830deg when just lying in the passenger footwell).!! I suspect it's probably the thermocouple itself and have ordered a new one.

Removed the plugs and spun the engine over to see what sort of signal I'm getting from the crank trigger and cam phase sensor, They SEEM to be reasonable enough but there's something niggling about it that I just can't put my finger on!! . Bit of thought with that one I think!!

Also, when trying to set up the sensors even WITH linearisations, the readings can be a bit wierd on ECU Manager so work to do there too. Ordered a Dash-ECU comms cable so I'll be able to set the dash up properly to display all the selected parameters. Np doubt this simple job WONT be simple!!! *sigh*

TT
anthonymcgrath likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 06:01 PM..
Old 14th February 2016, 09:42 AM   #687 (permalink)
anthonymcgrath is probably succumbing to gravity... lemme check.. yep.. still there funnily enough

Not exactly sure what your on about with the linear isolation and things but the downpipe is cool. Plumbed wgate so much better than screamer nice one

Old 14th February 2016, 09:46 AM   #688 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath View Post
Not exactly sure what your on about with the linear isolation and things but the downpipe is cool. Plumbed wgate so much better than screamer nice one
Thanks. Toyed with the idea of using a separate wastegate silencer such as this....

but ultimately decided that plumbing into the downpipe was a better idea all round.

TT
Old 14th February 2016, 09:50 AM   #689 (permalink)

Yeah I was thinking of something similar originally but told that it's still loud lol!
Plumbed in just sounds like a fighter jet aaaaall the time hehe

Old 24th February 2016, 08:18 PM   #690 (permalink)
New Users

Received my Dash-ECU interface cable the other day and, as expected, is indeed a faff with CAN addressing and just general buggering about! Getting my head around it slowly...

In other news, I got myself a small PAS cooler (Thanks Leo!!) which I got on with mounting on the car. Decided that placing it under the N/S light was the best option...

Should keep fluid temps down which has concerned me ever since I removed the stock cooler. Have cut a hole in the bumper so air can get to it which will be getting covered with a bit of mesh to stop anything nasty from taking out the cooler

TT
Chris_Gojira likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 06:00 PM..
Old 25th February 2016, 06:04 AM   #691 (permalink)
Austrian GTR is now EFR boosted
GTROC Member

Cars owned: CX5 CD175 Revolution Top, R32 GTR
No problem mate

Well done, looking good

My GTR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Austrian GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2016, 05:45 PM   #692 (permalink)
New Users

Progress made today...

Made up the front wastegate exhaust pipe the other day....

Pretty simple, just lots of measuring, cutting & welding....love it!!

Armed with that I then made up the stub which would be attached to the downpipe...

This was made up of some small angled sections cut from straight pipe which I'd never done before. Turned out well so was pleased!! After a bit of finishing I wrapped it with the rest of my DEI exhaust wrap....

Covers the majority of the pipe which I'm fine with as the area between first and second bend is the most important in terms of heat management. The ECU and PDM are in the passenger compartment behind the drop-section of the pipe but with exhaust wrap, gold reflective foil and aluminised heat shield, I don't think heat should be an issue!!

Installed pipe on the car.....

Connected the rear wastegate exhaust pipe but will need to get some more exhaust wrap to do the front wastegate pipe before permanently fitting it as it runs near some thing's I'd rather not get too toasty!!

Next jobs are things like finishing the Dash2 config and the ECU config. Just bought a Motec DMCD (a silly name for a mag-hall converter) so will connect to a front and a rear ABS sensor. This will give me vehicle speed as well as a couple of interesting things like wheel slip between axles. At some stage I'll get another so all 4 wheels are being 'seen'.

To get the car ready for mapping and track I need to get:-
- CAN keypad
- ETS-Pro 4WD controller
- Dampers refurbed
- Boost hose from turbo-intercooler

And then It's mapping time

The 'end' is so close I can almost taste it..........exciting times!!!

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 05:59 PM..
Old 26th February 2016, 06:51 PM   #693 (permalink)
Gojira-R32 is Drifting mode
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

you better use some flexible connections from exhaust to wastegates.
Old 26th February 2016, 07:20 PM   #694 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira-R32 View Post
you better use some flexible connections from exhaust to wastegates.
Why is that??

TT
Old 26th February 2016, 07:40 PM   #695 (permalink)
Gojira-R32 is Drifting mode
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

as it will work in all directions, cold/heat , vibrations.
Google about it and you will see
Old 4th March 2016, 07:09 AM   #696 (permalink)

Just to add.. Ran two downpipes both ways.. One without a flexi.. lasted a year.. the other with a flexi.. lasted a year :/ definitely look into bracing the turbo if you haven't already.

It's such an annoying factor a top mount downpipe.. I know ppl like me where it barely lasted 6 months or a year and others who bought a cheap 100 quid manifold and still run it 4 years later. Same for the downpipes. Some ppl have knobbled one up in the shed and it's outlasted the car and others have had one "professionally" built and it was still shite.

Hope it works well anyways. Either way it will work it's just a question of how long really but if it doesn't then I guess you can always add a flex in or just build another hehe

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Old 4th March 2016, 11:15 PM   #697 (permalink)
New Users

Indeed...

I'll run it as-is and see how I get on. If it requires remedial work down the line then so be it....

I'm looking at how to brace the turbo so got that covered

TT
Old 5th March 2016, 07:28 AM   #698 (permalink)

Lots of ppl brace the turbo underneath to help strengthen the manifold.
Ages ago I had some crazy idea to brace from above.. making a bracket that fastened to the other side of the engine or via the 3 big bolts that hold the coil pack rail in place and then the brace would come over the top and support some turbo weight that way. Prob wouldn't work but I hear some chaps did it on cosworths many moons back

Old 6th March 2016, 03:27 PM   #699 (permalink)
Ldc3 is an R32 GTR owner!

Epic project!
I presume the new rear led bulbs light up red when side lights are on then brighter red when the brakes are applied?
Old 7th March 2016, 09:35 PM   #700 (permalink)
Ldc3 is an R32 GTR owner!

Is that right? can't pm ya sorry