My R32 GTR pics - Page 36 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th March 2016, 02:33 PM   #701 (permalink)
Rich_A is piston broke.
Registered

Cars owned: R32 GTR, 300Tdi Disco.
Just spent about 2 hours reading this thread, you crazy man! Fair play, keep the updates coming.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rich_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 08:51 PM   #702 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldc3 View Post
Is that right? can't pm ya sorry
Yes, that's correct. These bulbs are twin pole just like normal bulbs so will differentiate in brightness between side light / brake light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_A View Post
Just spent about 2 hours reading this thread, you crazy man! Fair play, keep the updates coming.
Thanks, will do. Although, the amount of work needing done is reducing (thankfully!!). All the mechanical stuff is done bar the replacement Wilwood calipers and rotors but these will get fitted once I've destroyed the stock stuff that's on it at the moment.
Just a 4WD controller to get along with a CAN keypad and damper refurb then it'll be mapping time...

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2016, 09:58 PM   #703 (permalink)
Ldc3 is an R32 GTR owner!
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Thanks
Put some more pics of the car up soon haha

Old 6th May 2016, 06:12 PM   #704 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
So, not really much been happening GTR-wise...

Been getting some cash together despite many other projects requiring some investment!! Will be getting Motec CAN kepad, Motec GPS and Motec DMC at the end of the month but thought I'd treat myself to a new garage toy..

My little 306 Rallye has been failing MOT emissions lately so this should help in getting it under control. Not bad for £81

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
Old 17th May 2016, 06:09 PM   #705 (permalink)
New Users

Bit of a hiatus with the GTR of late as there's not much to do until I get the Motec bits from Australia. That said, I got a new neutral switch and decided to fit that today...

There's NO WAY to get the neutral switch out from underneath so I cut an access panel...

Also checked the continuity of the reverse switch while I was there and there was nothing...nada!!

Removed it and after a good dosing with contact cleaner, it now works. I WAS going to get a new switch but it seems daft to when the old one now works perfectly....

Just need to plate over the holes that I made and wire the switches into the PDM as switch feeds.

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 05:55 PM..
Old 9th June 2016, 08:49 AM   #706 (permalink)
New Users

Yesterday I picked up a parcel......it contained.....

A Motec DMC-D

A GPS Sensor....

And a 15 button CAN keypad....

Got them from a place called MRT Performance in Australia and saved an absolute fortune compared to buying from anywhere else. Highly recommended!!

Will get these wired in over the next couple of days and configured. Just leaves the 4WD controller and damper rebuild and we're good to go (hopefully)

Also, I've bought some 10mm alloy plate which I'm going to have made into zero-offset brake bells for the rear. Bought some steel plate previously for the same job but they were damaged in the recent house move so took the opportunity to change material.

Been doing some trackdays in a friend's prepped 200SX which has reinvigorated my desire to get the Skyline finished and on track. Unfortunately it blew up at Combe last Friday (suspected HG failure!) thankfully with me NOT at the wheel !!

TT
Whitewheels and TrendSetter like this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 05:54 PM..
Old 22nd June 2016, 04:25 PM   #707 (permalink)
New Users

Been busy with the fibreglass ...... Didn't take any pics during the making of it but basically this.....

Translates into this.....

If I was precious about it I might have spent a bit more time with the filler and made it totally smooth but TBH it's solid and functional with no bare fibreglass edges so I'm happy with it. A bit of primer and a few coats of black paint, finished off with a scoot over of lacquer and she's all done!!! Even with the tightest of harnesses, I can reach all the keys with ease!!

I'll probably get round to wiring it into the PDM and CANBUS tomorrow and it'll be all done. Will then need to assign key functions and that will be that .

The GPS is all wired, which just leaves the DMCD. Seeing as I only went with one right now I will take the NSF (wired) and the OSR (still to do) ABS sensor feeds in order to get some Front/Rear data. Ideally, I'll get another so each corner will provide the ECU with rotational information.

That just leaves ETS-Pro 4WD controller to buy (end of this month) and get the dampers rebuilt and it''ll be ready for mapping. Happy days!!!!

TT
Whitewheels likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:21 PM..
Old 30th June 2016, 06:33 PM   #708 (permalink)
New Users

Arrived home today after a couple of days in the 'Big Smoke' to find this.....

Just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Colin (Cokey) for going above and beyond expectations with this!!!!

This is THE LAST piece of the puzzle I need to get the car to "Baseline" spec. Once it, and the DMC-D are wired in I can then look to book it in for mapping. I'm SOOOO excited about this...

Folks at work (and the missus) have been so used to hearing "it'll be ready THIS year!" that they just chuckle these days and nod heads in a disbelieving fashion.... Ye of little faith. To paraphrase Nigel Farage the other day..

"6 years ago I said I'd turn my road GTR into a decent spec track car. You all laughed at me. Well, you're not laughing now are you??"

TT
cokey and Supertec like this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:18 PM..
Old 30th June 2016, 06:50 PM   #709 (permalink)
Supertec is unaware they can edit their status

Your certainly not skimping on Motec!

Almost 9.5 years and 3,458 bowls of porridge later..
R32 Combat likes this.
Old 30th June 2016, 09:36 PM   #710 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertec View Post
Your certainly not skimping on Motec!

Almost 9.5 years and 3,458 bowls of porridge later..

Indeed......

TT
Old 2nd July 2016, 10:47 PM   #711 (permalink)
New Users

Didn't get around to starting on the ETS-Pro but DID get to fitting the DMC-D converter...

Fitted under the passengers dashboard/wheelwell/bulkhead area.....

Used the Front Near-Side ABS ring sensor and Rear Off-Side at present so as to at least have data from a front and rear source.

If I get a minute over the next few days I'll get started on the ETS-Pro...

TT
FRRACER likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:16 PM..
Old 25th July 2016, 06:55 PM   #712 (permalink)
New Users

Been a bit of a hiatus on the GTR lately with housey stuff to be getting on with....however,

Got to work on the ETS-Pro and got the control unit mounted just behind drivers seat...

Routed G-sensor, mode button and pot wiring to the central tunnel area, then got busy with the fibreglass and carbon and made a little, angled switch holder...

In a wider context..

Also wired up the ETS wires to the ATTESSA solenoid so that's about it other than tapping into the TPS wire as it needs a feed from that to work properly in 'Auto' mode. Ran out of time tonight otherwise I'd have done it. Job for tomorrow .....

TT
cokey likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:15 PM..
Old 25th July 2016, 06:58 PM   #713 (permalink)
Gojira-R32 is Drifting mode
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

what's that silver box with red sticker on it, that's connected to your battery?
Old 25th July 2016, 07:16 PM   #714 (permalink)
New Users

FIA approved Cartek GT battery isolator....

Cartek Motorsport Electronics - Battery Isolators

Just in case I get around to competing

TT
Old 27th July 2016, 10:01 PM   #715 (permalink)
cokey is cokey requires no Status

Cars owned: r32gtr
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmac terror View Post
Been a bit of a hiatus on the GTR lately with housey stuff to be getting on with....however,

Got to work on the ETS-Pro and got the control unit mounted just behind drivers seat...

Routed G-sensor, mode button and pot wiring to the central tunnel area...

Then got busy with the fibreglass and carbon and made a little, angled switch holder...

In a wider context..

Also wired up the ETS wires to the ATTESSA solenoid so that's about it other than tapping into the TPS wire as it needs a feed from that to work properly in 'Auto' mode. Ran out of time tonight otherwise I'd have done it. Job for tomorrow .....

TT
Speak to Rich at Full Race, the original Knob was much cooler !
The led ring was in the alloy Knob.
Love the functionality of your mouldings,obviously designed to be covered by robson In unobtaincantara at a later date !
Might part with my rear carbon diffuser, I felt the difference !
let me know .
cheers cokey

"Faith is a personal thing, that you may share but not enforce or inflict." Jae
cokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2016, 06:05 AM   #716 (permalink)
Chris_Gojira is Hardcore
Registered

Cars owned: Gojira
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmac terror View Post
Received my Dash-ECU interface cable the other day and, as expected, is indeed a faff with CAN addressing and just general buggering about! Getting my head around it slowly...

In other news, I got myself a small PAS cooler (Thanks Leo!!) which I got on with mounting on the car. Decided that placing it under the N/S light was the best option...

Should keep fluid temps down which has concerned me ever since I removed the stock cooler. Have cut a hole in the bumper so air can get to it which will be getting covered with a bit of mesh to stop anything nasty from taking out the cooler

TT
Haihai!

Did you Mount that Thing in the feed, or return line to the steering rack?
Old 28th July 2016, 08:59 AM   #717 (permalink)
New Users

Not got around to plumbing it in yet but it will go in the return line.

TT
Old 11th August 2016, 08:41 PM   #718 (permalink)
New Users

Well, got my rear brake bells back from the local machine shop. Not bad for £80...

Looking forward to getting them and the calipers on tomorrow

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:11 PM..
Old 11th August 2016, 09:31 PM   #719 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R32.4.5
You finally got rid of the hexagon ones! Looking neat!
Old 11th August 2016, 09:33 PM   #720 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRRACER View Post
You finally got rid of the hexagon ones! Looking neat!
Thanks.
Had a chuckle to myself about you when I was putting them together....

TT