My R32 GTR pics - Page 37 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th August 2016, 09:50 PM   #721 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
After a bit of fettling of the bells after discovering my centre bore measurements were off (I hadn't noticed that there was a small step at the hub end) I got the rotor/bells and calipers on......

Might look a little small in diameter (310mm) but what they lack here they make up for in width (32mm). Plenty thermal mass to get rid of heat!!

Both sides done, now just need to make up some rear lines and bleed them.

Well pleased with the effort today....

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:09 PM..
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2016, 04:28 PM   #722 (permalink)
anthonymcgrath is probably succumbing to gravity... lemme check.. yep.. still there funnily enough
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Cars owned: R33 gtst
Looks good mate coming together

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 18th August 2016, 03:15 PM   #723 (permalink)
Swifty is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Infiniti M35, R32 GTR, ML500
Just read this from the start to where you are now (quiet day at work ;-)...). Well done for having the patience to see this through and the imagination to not just use whatever is "cool" right now!

Iain

Old 18th August 2016, 07:18 PM   #724 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
Just read this from the start to where you are now (quiet day at work ;-)...). Well done for having the patience to see this through and the imagination to not just use whatever is "cool" right now!

Iain
Hi Iain, thanks for the kind words!!

I try to be a little 'left field' when it comes to modifications and parts and tend not to follow the crowd. I find sheep often end up in kebab shops (metaphorically speaking!)

Being Scottish, I tend to like a bargain and get more of a buzz from finding decent bargains than buying everything new....which I find a bit boring.!!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read all my mutterings and drivel

TT
anthonymcgrath likes this.
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
Old 18th August 2016, 07:19 PM   #725 (permalink)
anthonymcgrath is probably succumbing to gravity... lemme check.. yep.. still there funnily enough

How have you found your new brakes then overall? Is that wider thickness helping?

Old 18th August 2016, 11:34 PM   #726 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymcgrath View Post
How have you found your new brakes then overall? Is that wider thickness helping?

Car wont be mobile for another couple of months yet....I'll let you know!!

TT
Old 22nd August 2016, 09:46 PM   #727 (permalink)
New Users

Got on with the rear brakes again today and got then finished! Got some AN3 braided hose and ends the other day and made up some lines. Bled them earlier and all is good!!

Also made the decision to remove the cap screws securing the bell to the rotor and replace them with button head 10.9 HT bolts instead....

The low profile bolt heads will help with decreasing air resistance ()...

Also finished wiring the stock 4WD power feeds so just need to fire it up and see what happens..

So, now all that is left is to get the dampers rebuilt, get them back on and we're ready for mapping........

Excited!!

TT
FRRACER likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:08 PM..
Old 22nd August 2016, 09:49 PM   #728 (permalink)
R32 Combat is in limbo
Skyline Section Manager

Cars owned: R33 GTR
Good work TT.
Old 22nd August 2016, 09:49 PM   #729 (permalink)
FRRACER is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R32.4.5
I remember the hexagon bell you had previously this one is a lot better!
Old 25th August 2016, 08:05 PM   #730 (permalink)
New Users

After finding a local place that does anodising, I'm thinking that I might get the bells done in order to provide a bit of corrosion resistance....getting quotes.

Anyway...

After buying a myriad of different hoses and joiners I have finally managed to find a workable solution for the cold-side boost plumbing using the minimum amount of joins and which has the least nasty bends...

Quite pleased with that.... Just need to get some proper sized hose clamps and we're sorted. Just leaves the air filter....
I may have gone a bit big (largest cylindrical filter in the K&N catalogue!) on the filter, given the boost plumbing is now in place. I think I may have to cut more of the inner wing away and tuck it down behind the light. Won't be a massive issue.
On completion of this, all engine-related work will be complete!!

Really just leaves the damper rebuild and we'll be off for some mapping!!!

Excellent!!

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:06 PM..
Old 25th August 2016, 09:41 PM   #731 (permalink)

Epic gonna be plain daft hehe

Old 1st September 2016, 05:07 PM   #732 (permalink)
New Users

Got to work on the issue of the air filter assembly...

Cut away more of the lower inner wing to accommodate the, quite frankly...ENORMOUS, K&N filter...

Had some edge trim left over so added it to the edge to make it less hazardous to hands and filter .

Got a delivery of aluminium duct today so used it to connect turbo to filter...

Decided to go with braided lines for the wastegates so have ordered some PTFE hose and ends so it bloody better look/perform the part for the c£150 spend!!!

TT
Whitewheels likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:04 PM..
Old 13th September 2016, 07:28 PM   #733 (permalink)
New Users

Got a bit of motor motivation today and painted the replica N1 lip that I modified (shortened to fit between catches)..

Decided that, rather than bugger about with double-sided tape and glue etc which is a bit hit-and-miss, I'd secure it with pop-rivets. I've added a couple of layers of FG to reinforce the areas that the rivets will grip to in the hope it won't break

No comments about the dust please!!

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 9th August 2017 at 04:01 PM..
Old 21st September 2016, 04:46 PM   #734 (permalink)
Chris_Gojira is Hardcore
Registered

Cars owned: Gojira
Just finished reading the entire thread, just, wow, dude!
So many good ideas / solutions, mind if I borrow a few?

Go on, go on, subscribed!

Cheers,
Chris
Old 21st September 2016, 07:02 PM   #735 (permalink)

Nice work mate. Yeah the trim around edges really does help when yer hands are in there lol

Old 22nd September 2016, 09:03 PM   #736 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Gojira View Post
So many good ideas / solutions, mind if I borrow a few?
Thanks for the kind words....

By all means borrow the ideas. However I insist you have a LARGE sticker made up and prominently displayed saying "This car contains parts inspired by tarmac terror"...

TT
Austrian GTR likes this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 22nd September 2016 at 09:07 PM..
Old 26th September 2016, 05:20 AM   #737 (permalink)
Austrian GTR is now EFR boosted
GTROC Member

Cars owned: CX5 CD175 Revolution Top, R32 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmac terror View Post
Thanks for the kind words....

By all means borrow the ideas. However I insist you have a LARGE sticker made up and prominently displayed saying "This car contains parts inspired by tarmac terror"...

TT
Guess I have to get this sticker made up too, as I borrowed the idea with the fuel cooler

Cheers,

Leo

My GTR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Austrian GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2016, 09:55 AM   #738 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austrian GTR View Post
Guess I have to get this sticker made up too, as I borrowed the idea with the fuel cooler

Cheers,

Leo
I think we're quits Leo seeing as I run a similar PAS cooling setup to yours

TT
Austrian GTR likes this.
Old 1st October 2016, 07:23 PM   #739 (permalink)
New Users

Got some AN3 fittings and hose and made up some boost control plumbing to wastegates and boost controller....

Just an example. Had some DEI thermal sheath sitting doing nothing so used that to help keep heat under control

Somewhere along the line I managed to get my requirements wrong, therefore I am 2 fittings and a tee-piece short!! These will be getting ordered ASAP and work completed.

On another note, I sent my 2 front dampers away to AST for a rebuild so it's only the rear's to sort out when I get paid and then the car is ready for mapping.

Having thought about it, it's daft to get the mapping done now as trackdays get sparse over winter and I'm not keen about debuting the car at a winter session. Therefore, I will mothball the car until spring and get it mapped then.

TT
anthonymcgrath likes this.
Old 1st October 2016, 09:07 PM   #740 (permalink)
Dan ep3 turbo is unaware they can edit their status

Dei thermal sheath and a plastic cable tie?

Who you using for mapping Dave row?