My R32 GTR pics - Page 43 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th July 2018, 09:11 PM   #841 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye

More to follow...

TT
matt j, Rich_A and Silverhks like this.
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Last edited by tarmac terror; 20th July 2018 at 10:06 PM..
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2018, 01:21 PM   #842 (permalink)
matt j is at Strawberry Racing
Following EJH#25

How are you getting on mate?
Old 14th September 2018, 07:23 PM   #843 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt j View Post
How are you getting on mate?
Still up at Owens mate!! Mark mentioned they had a few things going on and he's back from holiday. Will get a progress update next week to see where were at...…..

The fact that I've not had a phone call if nothing else suggests its still in one piece and not in bits....

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Old 22nd October 2018, 06:27 PM   #844 (permalink)
New Users

So, despite car (still) being up at Owen Developments, I've been busy buying other gear....!!!

Moroso breather tank

Oil tank I bought for £30 (!!! )

5 stage Dailey Engineering dry sump pump......£295 !!!

Few bargains picked up there. Oil tank is HUGE and has a temp sensor in it. Its been properly made with quite extensive internal baffling so all good.

Just need to get my spare sump appropriately modded to take scavenge fittings and fabricate a mount for the pump...

All ggod!!!

TT
MS33 and Bennyboy1984 like this.
Old 23rd October 2018, 05:48 AM   #845 (permalink)
kevr32 is loving mornings, and the cool fresh air, just breath...
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Nice to see the new purchases, but come on, really, these are for your GTR and they're not shinny, didn't cost a fortune and don't have either Nismo, HKS, or any other "top" brand name stamped on them, how the hell are they supposed to work? Take the dry sump pump for example, it's quite clear to see that between the first and second photo you took the top bit as already fallen off, I give in, some people will never learn.
David and tarmac terror like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
kevr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2018, 08:33 AM   #846 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevr32 View Post
Nice to see the new purchases, but come on, really, these are for your GTR and they're not shinny, didn't cost a fortune and don't have either Nismo, HKS, or any other "top" brand name stamped on them, how the hell are they supposed to work? Take the dry sump pump for example, it's quite clear to see that between the first and second photo you took the top bit as already fallen off, I give in, some people will never learn.
Yeah, you know me Kev, I'm a total brand whore...

TT
V-SpecII likes this.
Old 23rd October 2018, 04:33 PM   #847 (permalink)
V-SpecII is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Soon R34
Some cool updates TT.

Lucky you never mentioned Rota Kev... woulda had your head bitten off.
Old 24th October 2018, 05:30 PM   #848 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-SpecII View Post
Some cool updates TT.

Lucky you never mentioned Rota Kev... woulda had your head bitten off.
Thanks..
Just could do with getting the car back now though!!

My spare set of rims will be ROTA... I've no doubt of that!! I'll then bathe in the money I've saved.....

TT
Old 6th November 2018, 07:11 AM   #849 (permalink)
New Users

Small update...

While not GTR related, I was having a think the other day about getting myself a cheap little sports car for next summer. Original plan was to get a tired, early Boxster S in need of some TLC for me to tinker with over the winter however, searching for bargains wasn't really bearing any fruit so I changed tack a bit and thought about MX-5's.

Found a nice MK1 that needed a bit of work on FB marketplace for £300. Unfortunately the seller was less than communicative!!….So, further searching found a tidy 98' 1.8 MK2 up in Surrey that was MOT'd until next August and could be driven around NOW. Not quite the dooer-upper I had originally sought. Nevertheless, it was too good of a bargain to pass up at £500 so the deal was done and I collected it last Sunday...…

As a further plus, it came with 2 boxes filled with spares as well as a new radiator and fan assembly. Chap even flung in a Haynes manual for it too!!! Very happy with it as it really only needs some cosmetic work (very slight bubbling around rear arches and a bit of lacquer peel on O/S/F wing, nothing major) and would benefit from the odd bit of minor trim replacement e.g. N/S speaker cover is cracked.

Wont be going mad on it (yet) as its definitely staying a road car however, in the far off distance I can see a use for the YB I'm building....

While only at car No.6, I'm starting to get a feel for what it's like to be Richard!

TT
Shaks_247 likes this.
Old 6th February 2019, 12:51 AM   #850 (permalink)
New Users

Well, it seems after some months of being 'away', the GTR is in the final stages of mapping and should be with me reasonably soon. There have been a few snagging issues, which is only to be expected from a car that's sat for a few years and had quite extensive mods without turning a wheel. Hopefully the last drama in the saga is the wastegate to exhaust stub pipes I fabricated. It seems these are cracking which I can only put down to thermal expansion as the whole system is closed. By that I mean that the downpipe is solidly mounted to the back of the turbo which is itself solidly mounted to the manifold. The twin wastegates are similarly solid to the manifold and the stubby dump pipes complete the 'circuit' back to the downpipe. When she comes back, ill redo them with some flexi but I'm still shocked that there was an issue in the first place.

It's been a long vacation for the old GTR but hopefully she'll be back soon and normal forum service will resume!!

TT
Old 4th June 2019, 11:05 PM   #851 (permalink)
New Users

So...

With GTR STILL being up at Owens and the MX-5 now fixed up as my daily summer runabout, I was feeling at a bit of a loose end and craving some mechanical tinkering!!!

Well, I ended up buying an R53 Mini Cooper S....

Bought it from a chap up in London as a non-runner for £400. Turned up with the trailer, turned the key and 'click'.......

Resigned myself to the fact that it would need a strip down and rebuild as it had most probably siezed. Fair enough, was what I had expected.....
Got it home and thought I'd get a socket on the crank pulley bolt and see what was what!!.....

Locked solid!!

In a moment of craziness, I decided to try and spin the engine backwards.....

And it moved freely!! But try and move it forwards and it would lock solid once again. No play, just instantly locked....

Anyways, after much head scratching it turned out that the alternator had exploded and had locked. This, in turn, meant that the belt in the normal running direction was jamming solid but would slip when turned in reverse. A new £60 alternator had the car running like a dream!!

So, a running R53 for £460 all-in!! Not too shabby!

Didnt take long before the interior was all ripped out, and various bits ordered. Idea is to create a Mini GP homage i.e. a pair of buckets, rear cage, no back seats etc and somewhere in the region of 270bhp.

+2% crank pulley

5% alternator pulley and 15% supercharger pulley

Bigger intercooler, silicone intake hose and other bits

Eibach pro-kit

Home made rear strut brace

Got some Bilstein B8's on order along with a few other bits. Should be a blast when its done!! Fancied a Cooper S for a few years now. Household's now up to 8 cars so I've decided the 306 Rallye has to go. I COULD keep it as I have LOADS of space but in all fairness it would just sit and gather dust. Besides, I have cars for different 'missions' and the Mini and 306 both perform the Hot Hatch mission. As I dont do overlaps, the 306 must go. I've had 5 years of unbelievably happy times with it but to get more power from it would require forced induction. The Mini already has this so a better base in that respect. Seeing as I saved the 306 from certain destruction I can feel a little bit of pride knowing that I brought it back to life and allowed it to flourish. Its a well documented car and I'm sure will serve someone very well. If anyone is interested then please PM me for details.

Anyway, the King is dead....long live the King!!!!!

TT
MS33, Kazuya Mishima and Shaks_247 like this.

Last edited by tarmac terror; 11th August 2019 at 08:28 PM..
Old 18th June 2019, 09:12 PM   #852 (permalink)
New Users

well...............

After 11 months away, the GTR IS BACK!!!!!! Mapped at a safe 550hp..

Its not been without its issues but we got there in the end...(thanks Mark!!)

Just a few small things to do like full geometry setup then I shouold be booking a track day of some sorts. Once the cars had a few miles under its belt to sort out any remaining snagging then she'll go back (hopefully with a forged bottom end) for further tuning up to around thye 750hp mark.

SO glad to have her back!!!

reaper likes this.