My R32 GTR pics - Page 6 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20th June 2010, 08:28 PM   #101 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Well..good day today...fired the GTR up for the first time in about a year....
Changed the oil for Mobil1 15-50 fully synth....filled it up with water, anti-freeze and some Redline Water-Wetter, fitted and tested my newly pared down cabin loom and then the big moment...
Started after a couple of attempts which was kind of what I expected. Decent oil pressure, no leaks and no issues. I'm WELL pleased with todays progress...

Next hurdle is getting the car caged which will hopefully take place next month....
Before that though I need to fit my Cartek battery isolator, push-start switch and get an extinguisher kit. Also I need to make up a carbon fibre splitter and take a moulding of the rear bumper and std bootlid. I will also be hardwiring the fuel pump and removing the pump controller thingy.

Its really all starting to come together and I'm really excited about the progress I've been making recently

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Last edited by tarmac terror; 21st June 2010 at 11:51 AM..
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 11:56 PM   #102 (permalink)
mcgldrck2 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

thats awesome mate...really nice project you have going there!!!!! i just got my project fired up for the first time today,awesome feeling!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmac terror View Post
Well..good day today...fired the GTR up for the first time in about a year....
Changed the oil for Mobil1 15-50 fully synth....filled it up with water, anti-freeze and some Redline Watter-Wetter, fitted and tested my newly pared down cabin loom and then the big moment...
Started after a couple of attempts which was kind of what I expected. Decent oil pressure, no leaks and no issues. I'm WELL pleased with todays progress...

Next hurdle is getting the car caged which will hopefully take place next month....
Before that though I need to fit my Cartek battery isolator, push-start switch and get an extinguisher kit. Also I need to make up a carbon fibre splitter and take a moulding of the rear bumper and std bootlid. I will also be hardwiring the fuel pump and removing the pump controller thingy.

Its really all starting to come together and I'm really excited about the progress I've been making recently

TT
Old 22nd June 2010, 02:20 PM   #103 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
After fitting my R33 PAS pump I decided to 'modify' my PAS fluid reservoir as I dont need the extra capacity now the HICAS is no more.....Toyed with the idea of buying a shiny small alloy PAS reservoir a' la Bailey/Forge etc but reckoned I could do just as good a job with my own for no outlay(always a good thing LOL)
So, I cut the original reservoir down....

and will weld the lid to the bottom throwing away the redundant centre section...Pics to come when thats done!!

Also, I made up some replicas of the Mines cam baffles...

Originals are the lower 2, replicas are the uppermost 2. Got some aluminium welding wire and some argon so they just need welding together. The channel I used for the centre bit I made up myself (functional but not overly pretty) by bending some flat plate into U-shaped channel. I have since found some channel of the proper dimensions and foam of the correct density to the Mines stuff so if you fancy some cam baffles in the style of the Mines ones then give me a shout

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)

Old 1st September 2010, 09:30 PM   #104 (permalink)
New Users

Managed to get some wiring finished so I now have a push-to-start switch and a Cartek isolator that works..properly!! I'm dispensing with the OEM wiper, headlight and hazard switches and am in the middle of trying to connect all the OEM wires onto my new switches....what a pain!!
Wiper switch works on 2 speeds but doesn't self-park, washers work and havent attempted the hazards yet. I think I have a solution to the self-park issue but we'll see how it goes. Basically the OEM switch provides a feed in the 'OFF' position to energise the park circuit whereas my new switch doesnt. I could rig up a button to fulfil this function but I'd rather have it integrated as per OEM.
I've taken the OEM headlight switch to bits and it seems to be a very clever affair with intricate internal contacts. This presents some problems on the face of it as some double up when the headlights are on.

Bought a Myford metal lathe which is taking up some of my time recently so car is kind of on the back burner at the moment. I will get some up to date pics up soon of my handywork .

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 1st September 2010 at 09:33 PM..
Old 1st September 2010, 11:32 PM   #105 (permalink)
lightspeed is mapping Infinity
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Project BNR32
"Bought a Myford metal lathe "

Jealous!!!!
Old 5th September 2010, 04:25 PM   #106 (permalink)
stew2002 is unaware they can edit their status

Love the m3
Old 5th September 2010, 05:22 PM   #107 (permalink)
old_s13 is sleeping with a

Cars owned: Schwinn
project is turning out nice, great work
Old 5th September 2010, 06:22 PM   #108 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeed View Post
"Bought a Myford metal lathe "

Jealous!!!!
Got it for a song Al so I couldnt really turn it down (no pun intended ). Ok, its an ML7 in a garish yellow colour but does the job..made up a little stand for it seeing as the genuine Myford standc cost more than I paid for the lathe!!

Stand to get some edging welded on and a coolant pump/tank added in the bottom when I'm turning.

Also, I'm kind of starting a collection of workshop gear...

Makita chop-saw (bought for a bargain price with 9! new discs...)

FOBCO pillar drill (again, bought for a song!). As you can see I also have a Tork roll dispenser and handy whiteboard!! The observantwill also see my 1 inch drive bar which was instrumental in getting my rear hubs off (see moan, earlier in thread!)

Thanks for the kind words folks. I've really been getting stuck in of late and its paying dividends TBH.

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 5th September 2010 at 09:02 PM..
Old 5th September 2010, 07:10 PM   #109 (permalink)
New Users

Drilled some cooling holes in the front panel for added airflow and added towbar. These were both done a while ago but never took any close-ups!! You can see from the paintwork at the front that I'm not too anal about condition....as long as it does the trick on the track I'll be happy. Its not a show car after all!!!!

Interior wiring getting there.....

Cartek FIA GT-type isolator doing its thing....

Push button start.....works!!

Some tasty new pulley's to get fitted when I have a minute...

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 5th September 2010 at 09:05 PM..
Old 5th September 2010, 08:04 PM   #110 (permalink)
git-r is black flagged
Registered

Excellent thread

Keep it coming
Old 19th September 2010, 01:52 PM   #111 (permalink)
New Users

Its been a couple of weeks now but the wiring is all done bar the wiper park!! Horn is connected all exterior lights work as they should and everything seems to be working electrically.. Saying that I've been looking at a few of the connections and think theyre a bit mickey-mouse IMHO so I'm looking at replacing some with Deutsch connectors so we'll see how that goes. Yes its a track car but theres still an element of pride to be taken in the presentation as well as the fact that decent wiring is less likely to fail/ be chafed etc.
Picked up a 4ltr Lifeline electric fire system yesterday for yet another bargain price. Its all been serviced and has the latest style control box and all fittings. Hasnt been used as the chap I bought it from found the bottle to be too big for his application and went for a 2.25ltr system instead!

Will be getting that plumbed in ASAP....

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 19th September 2010 at 01:56 PM..
Old 21st September 2010, 05:14 PM   #112 (permalink)
YB0THA is Nothing without traction

Cars owned: R32 GTR
loom!
Old 21st September 2010, 05:18 PM   #113 (permalink)
jap power is unaware they can edit their status

coming alone very nice i like the fuel rail very nice look to it keep it up m8
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:10 AM   #114 (permalink)
TsuchiyaGTR is Mine's <3

Great build mate! This is what I want to do to my GTR this winter. I was wondering if you could give me a quick diy on taking the intake plenum off. What tools are needed? Best way to get underneath? I have some hoses I need to change ASAP! I know it is very tight underneath there. Thanks alot!
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:16 AM   #115 (permalink)
Mephiston2k is Loving his GTS-T again

Chap, that looks mental! Very nice indeed
Old 22nd October 2010, 12:07 PM   #116 (permalink)
New Users

Some other things been happening lately..
Been plumbing and wiring the extinguisher which is coming along fine. Also decided to make the bumper easier to remove and so I have added Dzus fastners to the upper rear corners:-

Also fabricated some front stays as well which have come out well..

Just need to tidy up the ends, drill some holes for R-clips or similar and thats that. Only 4 fixings holding the thing on so should be a piece of cake to remove in a hurry. Its secure enough so no worrying that its going to come off any time soon..

Just need to finish the extinguisher and then concentrate on moulding a composite rear bumper and maybe some doors too!!!

TT
Old 22nd October 2010, 01:05 PM   #117 (permalink)
fourtoes is milk monitor
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
You beauty Scotty!!!

bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on Facebook ZEALOU5 turning cars into heroes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZEALOU5

Please Whatsapp me on 07970699470.
(^^^best way to get in touch tbh^^^).
Mobile: 07970699470

Email:
fourtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 04:59 PM   #118 (permalink)
T04Z GTR is Is ZZzz's..!!

Have you any more pic's on how you did the Duze fastner's, been thinking of it for a while myself...

Great project ive enjoyed following the thread,

Top work...
Old 22nd October 2010, 05:05 PM   #119 (permalink)
malcs-skyline is unaware they can edit their status

this is turning out great mate
Old 22nd October 2010, 06:03 PM   #120 (permalink)
New Users

Thanks once again for the kind words...
T04Z GTR - I will take some pics of the retainer behine the bumper so you can see what its like. The Dzus fasteners could probably be doing with being slightly longer so I could have mounted the retainer behind the panel (you'll see what I mean when I get pics up) but I had them kicking around and decided to use them.
Next items on the list are:-
1. Make a 2-layer carbon splitter (similar to the Carbonmods offering). I have all the material there, just need some time and a bit of heat in the garage
2. Make a 2-layer carbon copy of the rear bumper plus a few alterations!.
3. Design and fit a rear spoiler brace (similar to the one found on Adam/Fee's car)
4. GET THE BLEEDIN' CAGE FITTED!!!
5. Have a look at making carbon or fibreglass copies of the doors and fit remaining polycarb windows.
6. Fit polybushes to the steering rack (or fabricate my own solid mounts)
7. Consider replacing current Carbon/Kevlar bonnet with self laminated lightweight 2-layer carbon item.

So, as you can see theres plenty for me to be getting to work on. To be honest, most of the jobs that are left are either small bits and pieces or stuff thats to be done AFTER cage installation.

Longer term stuff includes:-
Fitting a DECENT brake system with bias box.
Fitting AIM MXL Pista or Race Technology DASH2 electronic dash
Fitting another ECU such as new Emerald K6; Vipec, LINK etc with appropriate connections for plugging directly to above dash unit.
Fitting a Quaife sequential box!!
Fitting a RIPS RB30 or overbored 26

Again, these things are all pie-in-the-sky at the moment with the exception of the brakes but hey, we must have something to work towards....

Will post up more updates soon.

TT