My R32 GTR pics - Page 8 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Skyline / Stagea Projects
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th March 2011, 04:46 PM   #141 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Well, been in contact recently with Janspeed in Salisbury and they are now fabricating for me a twin 3" downpipe in stainless with an integral decat. Should take a week to complete so I'll let you all know how it turns out and will get piccies up ASAP

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 10:00 PM   #142 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
Been busy fabricating a holder for my twin 044 pumps I have bought.....

OK, its a bit rough and its not 100% finished yet but I'm content with the outcome so far. I've got a million and 1 other things to do so I'm not overly precious on aesthetics. It'll do the job and thats all I need.
Saw these kind of things on Ebay for about £50ish. Managed to get a 10mm thick bit of aluminium for a tenner so all it cost me was time....

This will hold the 2 pumps and will be bolted to the boot floor via the centre bridge which is yet undrilled.

Managed to secure a polycarbonate rear screen and front side windows for a great price (thanks Stu!!). I'll leave the front sides until I get some FRP doors (hopefully soon!) but will get the rear screen in ASAP, then the car will be weatherproof again for the first time in ages!!.
Going to place an order for a fuel cell from Summit Racing in the US and will house it in a similar fashion to Gijse's build. After contemplating the advice receive from a thread I put up regarding fuel stuff I think I will run from the sumped and foamed cell, out of both outlets each going to a filter and then on to an 044 feeding each side of rail then returning through FPR back to cell. I cant really forsee any fuel surge issues but we'll wait and see.....

Feel like I'm making progress again and at least with the slightly warmer weather coming in I'll be able to get back to getting some composite stuff moulded. In particular the rear bumper and dash....

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
Old 16th March 2011, 08:44 PM   #143 (permalink)
Mosh786 is in a mood for driving the GTR on a nice long drive
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Soarer TT, DC2 Type R, R33 GTS, Pulsar GTI-R, GSXR K7 750, S2000, R32 GTR, R33 GTR x 2, Yamaha R1 4c8
very nice probably saved a few lbs in weight too

Old 16th March 2011, 09:15 PM   #144 (permalink)
fourtoes is milk monitor
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Wow nice fabbing Scott mate!
Looking forward to seeing it all mounted up and plumbed in!

bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on Facebook ZEALOU5 turning cars into heroes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZEALOU5

Please Whatsapp me on 07970699470.
(^^^best way to get in touch tbh^^^).
Mobile: 07970699470

Email:
fourtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 06:12 PM   #145 (permalink)
New Users

Been fabricating again today , this time its gearbox crossmember mountings....

Standard crossmember with bushes..

Had some 6mm aluminium plate lying around which was exactly the same thickness as the std spacer. Cut a couple of bits into 95x35mm strips....

And got to work....
You'll see in the first pic that the holes left in the x-member by the old bush/spacer assembly are rather large so I reckoned I would have to make up some locating dowels to do the job right. About an hour later I had these....

This is how it all looks on the car....

Pretty happy with the results.... On looking back I could have rounded the edges and made them a bit more flash etc but I couldnt be arsed and besides, no ones going to see them.

Also managed to pick up a set of RAYS duralumin wheel nuts for a very tasty price...

Think they look pretty good with the bronze WORK wheels. While on the subject of purchases, I also managed to get myself a Corbeau Prorace seat for the passengers side . Just need to keep an eye open for a harness and thats the seating arrangements all done

I reckon the next challenge is to make up a gearbox - crossmember mounting. Had looked at the Nismo offering but its too puny for me ..if its a bush/mount and its not solid then its no good!!
Trying to figure out how best to design it at the moment. I'll keep you psted.

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 19th March 2011 at 06:16 PM..
Old 26th March 2011, 08:05 PM   #146 (permalink)
New Users

Been a busy chap today...
Picked up my polycarbonate rear and front side windows today (Many thanks Stu and Garth!!!) as well as my super-dooper downpipe from Janspeed...

And here it is against the std pipe..

VERY happy with the pipes and looking for ward to getting them on tomorrow.....

Also, sorted out a nice Sabelt 6pt harness going for a song on Ebay...

All coming together nicely

TT
Old 26th March 2011, 08:09 PM   #147 (permalink)
fourtoes is milk monitor

Are you fitting a wideband sensor boss to your downpipe before you fit it Scotty? Or does it have onealready?
Very nice mate.

Bob

ZEALOU5

Email:
Old 26th March 2011, 08:22 PM   #148 (permalink)
Bellis_GTR is a broke bloke

Cars owned: The one that started it all...R32 GT-R
Loving the down pipe mate. Looks great, I bet it will sound awesome.
Old 26th March 2011, 08:23 PM   #149 (permalink)
New Users

Decided to keep the decat separate for now, which has a wideband port, as I might be changing my plans with respect to turbos at some point...

TT
Old 26th March 2011, 08:25 PM   #150 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellis_GTR View Post
Loving the down pipe mate. Looks great, I bet it will sound awesome.
Hope so....the quality is great and just what I expected from a company such as Janspeed!!! The weight saving compared to the std item is HUGE!!!

Will get it on tomorrow hopefully and give it a few revs.

TT
Old 2nd April 2011, 07:29 PM   #151 (permalink)
New Users

Made some more progress today....
Last weekend I attempted to fit the downpipe but discovered that the studs on the lower part of the elbows were knackered. Found a set of 10 M10x1.5 studs on Ebay for just over £5 delivered. Murphys Law dictated that I had shedloads of manifold studs kicking about but not the correct thread size. Damn you Murphy!!!Secondly, I had managed to get a set of Rays duralumin wheel nuts the other week but it turns out a couple of my N/S/R wheel studs were fubar'd. Quick call to RB Motorsport sorted that..
So, armed with new wheel and downpipe studs I set to work this morning and fitted both the Janspeed downpipe and put on ALL my Rays wheel nuts!!!. Downpipe is just the bollox and I'm VERY happy with it.
I picked up a used (but in very good nick) Corbeau Prorace seat for the passengers side the other day. Unfortunately its rather on the slim side for me so I can see that being moved on. Its unfortunate as the seats excellent but I suspect any passengers will find it a bit on the nippit side

Plan to refit my firewall tomorrow and make a stab at fitting the rear polycarb screen. I'm really starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now and its spurring me on to work faster

TT
Old 2nd April 2011, 08:00 PM   #152 (permalink)
fourtoes is milk monitor

Nice one Scotty, once you're done with the light at the end of the tunnel, chuck it my way will ya?

Bob

ZEALOU5

Email:
Old 19th April 2011, 08:58 PM   #153 (permalink)
New Users

Managed to pick up some nice almost-new Wilwood 4pot IR-GT calipers with brackets and brand new polymatrix H pads for £155!!!

Also got a set of new Polymatrix A pads for £50!

so I have 2 sets of new pads to experiment with. Next step is to decide which Wilwood bell to get for the 330x32mm rear discs I plan on using. Wilwood do a range of bells which are suitable for cars with the handbrake setup just like the R32 so there SHOULD be something inthe range to utilise. Just need to do some measurements and sums.

I WAS going to fit the rear screen but decided to get some foam weatherstrip to act as a spacer as it looked a bit odd without it. Will hopefully be getting on with fitting that properly tomorrow.

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 19th April 2011 at 09:00 PM..
Old 20th April 2011, 02:35 PM   #154 (permalink)
SmigzyGTR is back! Now with added R35 :)
New Users

Cars owned: R33 GTR, 500hp K20 EG6 Turbo
Niiiice. Looking good buddy
Old 26th May 2011, 04:00 PM   #155 (permalink)
New Users

Been cracking on lately...so much that I havent had the time to take pics...

However, managed to get the dash back in and give the floor another lick with KH2..

Also labelled up the switches in true motorsport fashion so the missus doesnt get confused when she's driving LOL...

Also now have 2 of these....

So I'll now be looking out for a fuel cell, filters and lines. Will probably go hardline but I cant decide...

Managed to pick up a couple of fibreglass doors for good money so am happy about that. All-in-all the car is ready to hit the track. Its not 'finished' as the wish list is still huge but were getting there...

TT
Old 24th June 2011, 05:32 PM   #156 (permalink)
New Users

So, it seems like ages since I last posted but in reality I've been busy...

Rear polycarb screen is in and fitted properly. Its now fully watertight and the sealing strip I got off Ebay works wonders...so good, in fact, that I decided to seal the rear 1/4's with it as well.

Got myself a Whiteline Anti-roll bar from the fantastic folks at MotorSportWorld. Ordered at 15:15 yesterday and the bloke from Fedex was at the door this morning!!! Cant begin to describe how great these folks are and based in Scotland too. . Bought from them before and their price matching/beating really helps too.
So, got around to fitting that this morning....

Not a great hassle. Had intended to do a pic walkthrough for others on the forum but if I'm honest, I couldnt be arsed . Its not exactly difficult, with only 4 bolts holding the clamps down and 2 nuts holding the drop-links...just remember not to tighten up fully until the cars back on the ground.

Been busy crafting a front splitter.....

Had intended to go and make myself a carbon splitter but decided that good old plywood would be cheaper, just as sturdy and not worth crying over when it (inevitably) gets broken!! So, courtesy of Wickes, I was in posession of a nice 6mm 1.8M x 0.6M bit of exterior ply. It was the designed and cut following the MSA Blue Book regs for sprints/hilclimbs which allows a max of 150mm overhang from the plan periphery. This was measured from the lowest point of the std front airdam so is well below what the regs allow. Having been reading Simon McBeaths book on Competition Car Aerodynamics I can truly say I'm really getting into the whole subject..
Decided to coat both sides of the plywood in resin to add a bit of structure to it and then painted it black. I then used a couple of adjustable stays to allow changes to the angle of attack (AoA). I may add another one to the mid point but for now its OK.

Going to hold off fitting the fibreglass doors (MANY thanks to Mark at MGT) until the car is caged. I really dont have loads of confidence in the side impact resilience of the R32 as it is and adding FG doors would just be a bit daft. Have some nice polycarb windows to go with them and a mate kindly gave me some spare 4mm polycarb which I'm going to turn into sliders for both sides. Slider kits are bloody expensive for what they are so a nice saving made there .
Next imminent purchases are a Stack fuel pressure gauge, a fuel cell, a pair of fuel filters + lines and a passengers seat. Been trying to get a hold of a decent used Corbeau in Excel size but I think rocking horse poo will be easier to come by. I reckon I will have to buy new but thats no bad thing. Got my drivers seat from MSW at a great price so I will probably be giving them a call.

Anyway, all for now....off to the pics tonight to watch "Senna"

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 24th June 2011 at 05:58 PM..
Old 24th June 2011, 06:16 PM   #157 (permalink)
fourtoes is milk monitor

That front shot looks deadly scott!!!
Great work buddy.

Bob

ZEALOU5

Email:
Old 24th June 2011, 06:39 PM   #158 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtoes View Post
That front shot looks deadly scott!!!
Great work buddy.

Bob
Why thank you. Been catching up on your thread too... Car seems to be coming along nicely Looks a million $$. Hope you wont be too scared to drive it in case it gets all mucky LOL.

TT
Old 24th June 2011, 06:49 PM   #159 (permalink)
Adam Kindness is phu phu phu

coming along!

Splitter overhang looks huge LOL

Think it just due to a different shape compared to ours (ours follows the bumper shape round where yours looks square'er)

-
- Sponsored by Ultralite &

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Adam Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 11:22 PM   #160 (permalink)
New Users

Adam- bottom pic does make it look a lot larger than it actually is....no part of it is more than 150mm from the base of the airdam. I'm toying with the idea of adding fences to either side to guide the flow a bit better.

TT