GTR Forum banner

My R32 GTR pics

307K views 854 replies 142 participants last post by  GT-R David 
#1 ·
Thought it was about time I posted some pics of my GTR. Had it now for around 6 months so you could say I've been a bit lazy in the pic department :chuckle: :chuckle: .
Anyway, here goes....

Not very arty-fart but gives you the jist of how it looks. As you can see, I've removed the 'Skyline anniversary' sticker off the boot lid to make it look a bit cleaner
As far as the exterior goes, I only intend to add a Nismo boot lip and that will be it as I love the look of an R32 with N1 body 'kit'.

No underbonnet shots yet i'm afraid as I thought id wait until I get my Tomei Fuel rail and braided hoses fitted which will tart things up a bit :chuckle:

TT

See less See more
#6 ·
is that xenons on your R32 i see in the first pic?
QUOTE]

No mate, just a lucky glint from the sun on the light. Wish it has Xenons as the std ones are crap as all 32 owners will know.:bawling:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I cant take credit for the wheels as I bought the car with them on. Mind you it WAS one of the reasons I DID buy it in the first place!

TT

#12 ·
I guess it'll depend how competent your refurber is, and what sort of equipement he has to "scan" the colour with

#14 ·
Well, just had the new shiny fuel rail and braided hoses fitted along with the Nismo AFM's and I thought I'd share it with those who are interested:-

Looks much better....and more importantly goes a lot better with the new AFM's :chuckle: :chuckle:

Some of the paint is flaking off the plenum and cam cover but TBH I'm not really fussy about that. I may get a clear cam cover when I change the cams and pulleys at a later date if I can find a nice cheap 2nd hand one :squintdan

TT

#17 ·
As I say, I'm not too fussed about cosmetics TBH. However, I shall probably get a clear cover in due course. Hell, I may even get a new plenum so I'll bide my time so to speak. I have seen a lot of nice GTR engine bays and mine undoubtedly lets the side down but at the moment I'm more concerned about channeling funds to the areas that count.
Maybe some day i'll get round to it LOL........

TT

#18 · (Edited)
A bit of an update...

Nice new alloy rad and silicone hoses

Bit of a fiddle with the shroud and had to hacksaw a bit off the top outlet pipe but all-in-all a good job. Only managed to replace 1 heater hose as the other 3 are looking like they're going to be a PITA. Maybe a job for when the plenum's off methinks!! Unfortunately you cant see the NISMO low temp 'stat I fitted...bummer...Never mind, the water cooling system is now where I wanted it to be spec-wise so I'm happy. Possibly add an ARC air remover at some point but I'm not overly desparate.

TT

#19 ·
Another little update (sort of)...
Well not really much TBH but i've just gone and got myself some Midori HICAS cancel rods and adjustable front upper camber arms.

Now its not often I get all gooey about car parts but there are the dogs bollox IMHO. Quality is second to none. Glad I went for the Midori HICAS rods rather than the Cusco drag rods or some lockout bar.
Now all I have to do is fit them and get it all set up properly.....

TT

#20 ·
Those HICAS cancel rods are very interesting, and as can be expected from Midori, look of excellent quality

#21 ·
Man you gotta love a nice R32!
:D
bob

#23 ·
Its a Disklok mate, see HERE

Virdee- everything about them just oozes quality. The brackets are absolutely solid and well made. The rose joints have proper fitting boots which will let 0 amount of crap and dirt in.

Must admit there stuff is £££ compared to some other solutions but I've got NO hesotation buying Midori parts again. First class mate

TT

#24 ·
Very nice mate,

Take some more photos so I can make a new gallery for you on our home page.

We also have complete Nur spec colour rocker cover/cam cover/Nur badge set available, or can have a dig around to see if we have good condition R32 cam covers in black.

Rick
Rick@endless-r.co.jp

#25 ·
Another update...Finally got the HICAS rods fitted!!!

Plugged up the fluid feed...

All in all an easy job.

Also fitted my new ignitor

and Coil loom

Sourced from RHDJapan. Must give them a :thumbsup: for the speed of delivery for these two parts.

Also, a gratuitous shot of my OSR suspension linkages

Other than adjustable bottom F/R arms the whole linkage system is adjustable. Its now at a point where I'm happy with the suspension although I MAY put slightly softer springs on at some point (havent decided yet!)

TT

#28 ·
More updates...

My sexy new Trust Suction Kit courtesy of Endless-r :thumbsup..

Good opportunity to remove the BOV's and relocate the washer tank to the boot. Still got that bloomin' stutter at vac/boost transition so wasnt leaking BOV's.
Next on the cards is either Procams and pulley's or Tomei manifolds/2530 turbos/Midori elbows and Midori downpipes.

Aico-Midori rods were about £160 from Endless-r

TT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.