GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum - View Single Post - Driver Side Door Mirror Not Folding In
View Single Post
Old 17th June 2007, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
m1ac_drew
m1ac_drew is back in a ten second car!
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: DBA 4.25 R35 GT-R. Previously 2 x Skyline R33 GTS 2.5t
Question Driver Side Door Mirror Not Folding In

The driver-side door mirror on my recently-purchased R33 GTS-25t does not fold in when the cabin switch is flicked. The passenger mirror works fine. It looks like the mirror has had a knock at some point because the glass is not original. The motorised mirror adjustment works fine.

I have taken out the three screws on the underside which releases the mirror from the car and I have also taken out another screw on the mirror that was hidden near the swivel point.

Unfortunately, that's as far as I can get. I don't know how to open the casing or check for lose wiring etc. I don't know want to force anything and break an otherwise-working door mirror.

Has anyone else had a problem with a dodgy motor or lose wire in this area? Anyone been able to open the mirror unit and perform a diagostic etc?

Photos are here

If I can't fix this, I'll look at replacing the mirror, which is pearlescent midnight blue if anyone has one spare!?

Many thanks!

Last edited by m1ac_drew; 17th June 2007 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Formatting
m1ac_drew is offline   Reply With Quote