In japan is this the new skyline gtr r35? - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th December 2002, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
rollazn is unaware they can edit their status

In japan is this the new skyline gtr r35?

Is this the new skyline in japan? Well in United State it is called the infinti g35. I wonder if it is the new skyline in japan if it is not then i want to see how it really look. IF this vechicle is the next skyline i would be so ****ed because the look is UGLY!!!!! well i heard that we got this car before people in japan have it. WEll if this picture is wrong please send the correct link to the picture so i can see what the real skyline look like.
http://www.skyline-nissan.com/res/im...ew_r35bsml.jpg
Old 19th December 2002, 06:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
kingsley is hairy
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Skyline R33 GTR, MR2 Turbo
That looks like a Passat!
Old 19th December 2002, 07:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
polarbearit is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: 2 Mondeos!
AFAIK thats the new skyline 4door but its not the new GTR which won't look like that (it will have 2 less doors for a start )...

Old 24th January 2003, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fuggles is at Nissan GT-R London
Registered

Cars owned: none
Thumbs down

Looks like a bloody Lexus!
Old 25th January 2003, 02:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Big Mark is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Nothing exciting
They've recently put info up for the forthcoming 'Maxima' on the Nissan US site.
Actually kept it fairly identical to the 4dr Skyline from first looks, which I'm not sure is such a good idea.

As Fuggles says, it looks like a Lexus GS300/400. Looks like the Skyline's been on the pies, it's now a bit lardy and overweight looking to me.

Mark
Old 25th January 2003, 02:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Bean is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: Reservation receipt
As with all cars (and many other things) it's all personal opinion.

I own a BNR34 and it has no equal as far as I'm concerned, however, for practical purposes, I've also bought the aforementioned V35 Skyline, and I can tell you this:
It is a great car for it's purpose!! In comparison with Passats, G300s, A4s, 3-series BMs and Merc C class, it's better built and a better drive (G300s - don't make me laugh)!
The only things missing from the 300GT Skyline are a turbo (and thats just temporary ) and a manual gearbox.
I'll be one of the first in the queue to drive the 6 speed coupe next month and I fully expect that car to continue the Skyline experience on from the R34 2-door if it has anything in common with the 350Z dynamics

Last edited by Bean; 25th January 2003 at 02:35 AM..
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2003, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
DCD
DCD is speedhunting
New Users

Cars owned: BNR34 V-spec
Have to agree with Bean here. Lets keep in mind that the V35 Skyline replaces the ER34 4 door, the one in this picture,

not a GTR!! Its all subjective, but please dont tell me the 4 door 34 was a looker!! The V35 Skyline is a sporty family car and has no intention on trying to play a supercar because, well, it wasn't built to do that!

Just my 2 yens worth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2003, 09:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
dan0h is tunin'

Cars owned: None...
You've put the whole V35 issue into perfect perspective there Dino, I cant think of a better way you could have illustrated that point. Indeed, the ER34 isnt exactly wowing people with its stark good-looks, but I'm sure it does its intended job very well indeed.

The more I look at the V35 variants, the more I like them...

Cheers,

Dan
Old 3rd February 2003, 07:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
S2kRob is unaware they can edit their status

You guys should drive a G35 if you can. A truly fantastic sports sedan, the power is really very impressive as is the overall package. They are selling like crazy around here, as are most of the new Nissan products.

All this bodes very well for the next GTR. I am really looking forward to it (it's on the top of my list for my next car).
Old 14th February 2003, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mike Smith is unaware they can edit their status

i believe this carries on the debate about how important looks actually are. The best car to consider has to be the Fiat Multipla possibly the most practical car along with the smart car BUT were the designers paid to take the ****?! lets face it Lisa Riley naked would be more of a turn on.

I do appreciate practical cars and also know designers need to strive for a different look to other marques but why not try something different that looks good? It just seems with most new cars like the 35 manufacturers have lost the plot, it reminds me of the childrens story of the king and his new suit that didn't actually exist! Are the companies scared to say no to designers?! Mind you Lawrence Llewelyn-bowen in a mood is a bit scary.

Think I've made my point.
Old 22nd February 2003, 08:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
R34
R34 is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R33GTR,DR30,R36 Passat
R35 is rank!!

That pic that is at the top of this page is pretty rank. it looks like it should be a Skoda than a SKYLINE!!!!!!! it must be lllegal for them to make somethin as ugly as that!!!!!