Fueling: R32 GTR 1.5bar 2860-5's - Page 4 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th February 2009, 04:09 PM   #61 (permalink)
Adam Kindness is phu phu phu
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R32 GTR
Its not running AFMs. Should have mentioned that! Its running a PFC D-Jetro

FMIC and airfilters (current ones are manky and out of shape... also mismatched) were suggested by the tuner.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Sponsored by Ultralite &

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Adam Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 04:16 PM   #62 (permalink)
plkettle is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: r32 gtr v-spec
i would invest in some 260 deg cams (nothing too wild) get new high flow airfilters and a good 2nd hand intercooler.

The combination of the above 3 could result in your lack of power (around 100hp) and i would think it is spread over the 3 items personally, but it could be the airfilters on their own if they are not very good
Old 18th February 2009, 04:23 PM   #63 (permalink)

Yup, current priority is AirFilters and FMIC (current one is a bit bashed up, but better than last one!)

Cams will have to wait just now...

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 18th February 2009, 04:47 PM   #64 (permalink)
creedonsr20det is now flying planes
GTROC Member

Cars owned: White 306van slammed on superleggeras!,R32 GT-R
there is something seriously wrong if it is only making 480bhp at 1.6bar..even with standard cams it should make closer to 550bhp at this boost.Mine made 472bhp at fly(DYNAPACK) on 2860-5s at 1.1 bar on a standard engine with std pump and injectors..i do run a tomei adjustable reg hks intercooler kit with hardpipes,nismo afms and hks intakes..i would start with changing your intercooler and pipes and your air intakes..and check your ignition timing.As regards what fueling upgrades are needed to run 600bhp at fly safely im not 100 percent sure.Im fitting a fully forged engne to my car next week and i have been advised to run 1 hks/tomei 280l/ph intank pump,720cc or bigger injectors,and a good fuel pres regulater which i already have.I think 2 pumps are unnessesary for this power.As regards the rail the standard nissan rail is more than up to the job..Keith cowies R32 runs a standard rail in hes monster r32.his is just modified to RB spec.Apparently the std rail has a bigger capacity than the hks rail!!Im not sure about uprated fuel lines for this power..should i upgrade these or would it just be a waste of very precious cash??
Old 18th February 2009, 06:08 PM   #65 (permalink)
plkettle is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: r32 gtr v-spec
1 tomei pump can not flow enough fuel on the GTR at high enough pressure to match 1.6bar at 600hp, it tails off on pressure at 550hp upwards, it can run at 280lt/hr but not at the required 4+ bar pressure when its at the 600 limit.

It the pressure that it cant match at the required flow rates, if you are only running low boost you can get away with it.

2 intank pumps will feed both ends of a rail and stay quiet and not smell of fuel so that was the way i went.
Old 19th February 2009, 11:27 AM   #66 (permalink)

thought Kismet would have been in here!

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 19th February 2009, 11:41 AM   #67 (permalink)
Listerofsmeg is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: Honda Civic/Audi A8
the lack of cams in there wouldnt make a great deal of difference to absolute power, it would just shift the power band round a bit.

Adam, you have a swirl and external pump(s) do you not? if so then the fuel supply shouldnt be an issue unless you are using an aftermarket reg thats set too low.

The intercooler may hold it back a touch but they are efficient enough to flow 600 without issue as far as im aware. Air filters might be a bit crud sure, but it could be worth a pop in that case to remove them (stick some mesh over the intakes) and try it again.....if all of a sudden youve got power then thats your issue....cant see them robbing you over the best part of 100bhp though.
Old 19th February 2009, 12:21 PM   #68 (permalink)

but add the sum of all weak parts up and maybe...

Filters -
FMIC -
Turbo Elbows -

How restrictive are the standard turbo elbows? Thats the only restriction I can see on the exhaust side.... unless there are dead rats in the downpipes or something :O

I've given the tuner this link - see if he comes back with some more advice. In the meantime I'm happy enough to use it and work on finding my missing ponies as and when

Might be an idea to get Fee onto the 1/4mile and see what it runs... no real science behind it, just interested in term speeds. Whats a 'normal' terminal speed for a 480bhp (say 500bhp) GTR to run?

Fueling - Yup, good for 800 or so bhp I think.

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 19th February 2009, 12:30 PM   #69 (permalink)
Listerofsmeg is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: Honda Civic/Audi A8
i have stock elbows on my car dude and stock manifolds (unported), so no issue there.

when my car had 525 at the fly at 1.2 bar on 2540s i hit a terminal of 123, however your car should be at least 100kgs lighter than mine was at the time especially with fee driving!!! so id expect you could hit 125/6?
Old 19th February 2009, 12:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
kismetcapitan is like trees in November...

Cars owned: BNR32 (RIP), Audi RS6, Ducati 1299S Panigale, Ducati Multistrada Granturismo
me? me? what's going on?

What are Bosch 910s rated to? Not making power can be related to overfueling - generally, a lean boost AFR like 12.5:1 will make lots of power, but not for long.

You should be making 600bhp at the crank, missing a hundred horsepower points to a combination of things, but mostly I'd say it's the mapping. Do you have an in-car wideband lambda?
Old 19th February 2009, 01:03 PM   #71 (permalink)

nope, but it would have been mapped using lamda probe for fueling.

AFR's were good, low 11's if I remember correctly

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 19th February 2009, 01:09 PM   #72 (permalink)
ExScoobyT is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: R33 GTR V-spec, AW11, 200SX, RAV4
plkettle - that is simply not correct. Maybe on your specific car. Walbro 255ltr/hr pumps have issues at high supply pressure.

The HKS or Tomei 280ltr/hr pumps work fine at 1.7bar boost / 600PS. 75% duty cycle on 720cc SARD injectors, fuel pressure flat at 4.8bar.

Std lines, std rail, nismo fpr, tank mounted pump. All checked from datalogging.

And given that the AFR is quoted as low 11, the fuel pump would have zero impact on engine power.

If the elbow / intercooler / pipes / cams etc are below par your actually running at much higher pressure ratio at the turbo. More air heating, lower vol eff through exhaust side, lower ignition limit etc etc.

Last edited by ExScoobyT; 19th February 2009 at 01:13 PM..
ExScoobyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2009, 01:35 PM   #73 (permalink)
creedonsr20det is now flying planes
GTROC Member

Cars owned: White 306van slammed on superleggeras!,R32 GT-R
Il be takn Exscooby T s advice on this one..!!il be running the hks 280l/ph intank,720cc + injectors my tomei fpr, std rail, and std lines..a friend of mine does run two bosch pumps,swirl pot,hks rail,fpr uprated lines 1000cc injectors etc but he is running twin top mounted hks 2835s and 562bhp at the wheels which to be fare is a different set up to the set up il be running..(2860-5s and between 510 to 520 bhp at the wheels)i would much rather less power and alot more responce and also no stink of petrol in the car from 2 pumps!!!
Old 19th February 2009, 06:13 PM   #74 (permalink)

Kismet:

Pretty sure its not an issue with fueling.

Bosch 910 specs... Just Engine Management

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 19th February 2009, 07:22 PM   #75 (permalink)
flashgordon is unaware they can edit their status

I can't believe your having so many problems with such a simple upgrade, and i wouldn't be going anywhere near a drag strip if it's set up so badly it's loosing 100bhp somewhere.
You need to take it somewhere that knows what they are doing, all the problems you've listed can be verified by various (basic) test methods
Old 19th February 2009, 07:24 PM   #76 (permalink)
GT-R Glenn is aware Veilsides street R32 gtr ran 8.612 @ 172.5 MPH (Radials)

Cars owned: R32GTR /GSXR1300DatsunB310/ R33 / KTM / Gasgas / Type R EG Civic
910 = > 400 hp
040 = > 550 hp
044 = > 700 hp
Old 19th February 2009, 07:30 PM   #77 (permalink)
SamuraiSam is unaware they can edit their status

Personally I say 040 or nice Japanese pump for ease of install even at 5hp.. or a new R33 std pump
Old 19th February 2009, 07:43 PM   #78 (permalink)

what are you on about Sam?

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 19th February 2009, 08:15 PM   #79 (permalink)
muzzer2002 is is skint after buying bits
New Users

Cars owned: r33 gtr
think he is saying what sort of pump he would use
Old 19th February 2009, 08:19 PM   #80 (permalink)

a standard pump would be no use :/ unless for a feeder pump

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw