Domo-kun's B324R GT-R from Finland - Page 8 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Pictures and Video gallery
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:23 AM   #141 (permalink)
Cris is enjoying the naughtiest of the three sisters
Owner of the MSNSPS

Cars owned: BNR32, RGV, 330i
Very nice work on the headlights. I would be hard pressed to tell that they weren't OEM with a microscope!
Old 3rd February 2011, 07:14 PM   #142 (permalink)
Full-Race Jon is a GTR Lover.
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Love your build. JDMEGO FTW!!!

Jon
Old 3rd January 2013, 05:08 AM   #143 (permalink)
cooljustin is Oppan Gangnam Style Skyliner
GTROC Member

Any updates, Domokun?

Old 4th January 2013, 11:26 AM   #144 (permalink)
Domo-kun is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Skyline Bee*R B324R GT-R Check out the blog ---> http://www.alien2nrs.com/blogi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljustin View Post
Any updates, Domokun?
Hi there, long time – no update...
There's really nothing to update about. I've been busy with other things in life. Now that's my bad excuse for the lack of updates.

I still got her. Here's a proof!

Just visited her the other night. Took her outside the garage. Let her idle for 10 minutes and drove back in... It's winter here, snow, ice, dark, cold.

These beast take a quite a lot of time/money – both that I don't really have. I really want to drive her next summer as I didn't really drive last year (2012) at all.
She just sat there collecting dust Took her out the garage every once in a while to stretch her legs. Spin around the block and drove back in.
She needs few maintenance things done, like replacing the front drive shaft rubber boots. That's it really. I haven't lost all the tuning bits mentioned on the previous post. Just hadn't have the time or motivation to do anything to them.

I hope I'll update this thread next time with better write up and actual content. Let's hope 2013 will bring her back in to my daily life.
Old 5th January 2017, 10:10 AM   #145 (permalink)
Andy-PL is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Headlight Conversion

Hi, I Have a very specific question for You, and I would be extremly grateful for your answer or any help...

I have a major problem. I'm living in Poland, and we have here LHD traffic. And as same as You, I Have Halogen headlights in my R34 GTT but I can't find any LHD internalsr fitting for my headlights...

I saw Your post here, where You rebuild Yours, but there's no clue what part or from what headlight You use that internal LHD reflector that looks almost the same like OEM R34

Could You tell me where to filnd that internal reflector? or what Could I use for Conversion?
C-O-L-T likes this.
Old 5th January 2017, 02:40 PM   #146 (permalink)
C-O-L-T is on the move

Not really into answering before thread starter Domo-kun, but I´m pretty sure the reflectors are not for LHD atm. there doesn´t really exist a reflector which has the right beam pattern. Most conversions are done via a lense of Hella. I have a pair here with me (it was done from Xenons of a GT-R version), I can show pics if you like via e-mail (not for sale, just to show you what I mean).
C-O-L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 02:56 PM   #147 (permalink)
Andy-PL is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-O-L-T View Post
Not really into answering before thread starter Domo-kun, but I´m pretty sure the reflectors are not for LHD atm. there doesn´t really exist a reflector which has the right beam pattern. Most conversions are done via a lense of Hella. I have a pair here with me (it was done from Xenons of a GT-R version), I can show pics if you like via e-mail (not for sale, just to show you what I mean).

Sure! if that's not a problem It would be great some photos could help

My mail - marlon1000 @ gmail.com
Old 5th January 2017, 02:57 PM   #148 (permalink)
C-O-L-T is on the move

I´ll get back to you on monday, I´m not in my company until then!
C-O-L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2017, 02:12 PM   #149 (permalink)
Domo-kun is unaware they can edit their status

Cars owned: Skyline Bee*R B324R GT-R Check out the blog ---> http://www.alien2nrs.com/blogi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy-PL View Post
Hi, I Have a very specific question for You, and I would be extremly grateful for your answer or any help...

I have a major problem. I'm living in Poland, and we have here LHD traffic. And as same as You, I Have Halogen headlights in my R34 GTT but I can't find any LHD internalsr fitting for my headlights...

I saw Your post here, where You rebuild Yours, but there's no clue what part or from what headlight You use that internal LHD reflector that looks almost the same like OEM R34

Could You tell me where to filnd that internal reflector? or what Could I use for Conversion?
Hi all,
Sorry for the lack of responses... I get these private messages asking about this conversion like once a month.

So. Before I did my R34 LHD headlight conversion I literally walked 6 months to work through my city center and watched car headlights. What could possibly fit into the R34 housing without killing the OEM look. (YES, SIX MONTHS OF RESEARCH).
I had the same thing as most of you who need the headlights to converted to LHD to pass the MOT and of course not to blind the other cars. I tried to search the web, asked for help and always had the same reply – "sorry buddy. I can do it for you, for this €$£€ money", or "seek a pro shop to do it". The most what I found were "beam retrofits" or totally different shape of internals, even the housing. I didn't like the look. So I was on the mission to do it my self.

So, now that I have done the conversion everybody just keeps telling me, to give the secret recipe... And I'm supposed to give it a way for free... nope.

Hope you guys understand that some of the hard work pays of in the end. You'll just have to do the research.

Here's the sleeping beauty. Pics snapped yesterday (5th Feb 2017).

Old 8th February 2017, 01:17 PM   #150 (permalink)
M3AL is unaware they can edit their status

Love it, White looks good when cleaned
Old 28th February 2017, 07:43 PM   #151 (permalink)
R32skyline2017 is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk posting Member - No selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo-kun View Post
Hi all,
Sorry for the lack of responses... I get these private messages asking about this conversion like once a month.

So. Before I did my R34 LHD headlight conversion I literally walked 6 months to work through my city center and watched car headlights. What could possibly fit into the R34 housing without killing the OEM look. (YES, SIX MONTHS OF RESEARCH).
I had the same thing as most of you who need the headlights to converted to LHD to pass the MOT and of course not to blind the other cars. I tried to search the web, asked for help and always had the same reply – "sorry buddy. I can do it for you, for this €$£€ money", or "seek a pro shop to do it". The most what I found were "beam retrofits" or totally different shape of internals, even the housing. I didn't like the look. So I was on the mission to do it my self.

So, now that I have done the conversion everybody just keeps telling me, to give the secret recipe... And I'm supposed to give it a way for free... nope.

Hope you guys understand that some of the hard work pays of in the end. You'll just have to do the research.

Here's the sleeping beauty. Pics snapped yesterday (5th Feb 2017).

Nice work. That r34 style front looks really good.