GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/)
-   Non-Skyline / GT-R chat (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/non-skyline-gt-r-chat.html)
-   -   F1 Engine Development Frozen for 10 Years!!!! (https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/85325-f1-engine-development-frozen-10-years.html)

SmigzyGTR 25th October 2007 07:44 AM

F1 Engine Development Frozen for 10 Years!!!!

The Official Formula 1 Website

:chairshot :chairshot :chairshot

Thrust 25th October 2007 07:53 AM

Wish I had frozen my wife 30 years ago.

SmigzyGTR 25th October 2007 07:55 AM

ROFL.:chuckle:

MacGTR 25th October 2007 08:21 AM

LOL, Thrust :chuckle:

On a more serious note, what will be gained from doing this?

EvolutionVI 25th October 2007 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrust (Post 774213)

:D :D :D

Im sure she wont like that:nervous:

EvolutionVI 25th October 2007 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGTR (Post 774234)

On a more serious note, what will be gained from doing this?

Ferrari will stay on Top:D

SmigzyGTR 25th October 2007 08:33 AM

Not really sure. Whether its to let the slower teams catchup, possibly aerodynamics wise or keep more of a level playing field so its more competative i dont know. Whatever the reason its stupid. They should let the teams do whatever they want development wise. F1 is meant to be the pinnacle of motorsport, think how much further on the cars would be in 10 years!

Gez 25th October 2007 09:44 AM

Im pretty sure there is a loophole somewhere.

Marky_GTSt 25th October 2007 12:58 PM

And yet, Its engine devolpment in F1 that drives a lot of the advances in road cars, Making them both more powerfull and fuel efficient, This would be a bad step for everyone I think.

mifn21 25th October 2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrust (Post 774213)

But who would want a frigid woman :chuckle:

Seriously though, its a pretty stupid thing to do, its just going to make F1 even duller, instead having to rely on drama and bitchfights between the drivers/contructors to generate any interest! Grand Prix will end up being yet another soap opera on the TV

Toby Broom 25th October 2007 01:13 PM

Cost is the reson.

Ropey 25th October 2007 01:55 PM

Another stupid idea from F1. We need a breakaway series.

bkvj 25th October 2007 06:49 PM

mclaren would be quite happy with this i suspect

stealth 26th October 2007 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ropey (Post 774418)
Another stupid idea from F1. We need a breakaway series.

It would not work ,no one would watch it . ( A1 Grand Prix Anyone) Revamp in F1 managment and a shake down of the sport is needed,this year has proved that :(

kismetcapitan 26th October 2007 09:14 AM

F1 has already been so highly restricted that really, what "trickle-down" technologies have we seen? Had they not banned active suspensions in the 80s, we'd likely be seeing them now on road cars. How much further along would we be in turbo technology had they not banned those?

A1GP is brilliant, it's a shame it hasn't caught on. The idea is really, really wonderful.

bkvj 26th October 2007 10:30 AM

in some countries toby, A1 is really popular (holland for example).

its not popular in here in the UK for example, simply because we've got absolutely shit coverage.

LiamGTR 26th October 2007 10:38 AM

So does this mean that they are not even aloud to 'tweak' their engines and get the most out of what they already have ?

I await to see some top drawer aerodynamic stuff next season now :)

GarethK 26th October 2007 01:55 PM

I think it's crap. F1 should be the pinnacle of technology and they are constantly holding it back. I understand that it is expensive for the 'lesser' teams, but it is seen by most as the very top level of motorsport in the world. I think there should be at least one series where they are very limited on engine capacity, tyres, and not much else. Like Kismetcapitan said the developments made could actually help road cars of the future.

stealth 26th October 2007 08:51 PM

Give the car back to the drivers in F1 would be a smarter move ,stick shifting,clutch etc ,it was supposed to be coming back . The cars in the 80's and early 90's were alot more powerfull than these modern ones by a long way and the drivers pulled more G .

Ropey 26th October 2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealth (Post 775328)
Give the car back to the drivers in F1 would be a smarter move ,stick shifting,clutch etc ,it was supposed to be coming back . The cars in the 80's and early 90's were alot more powerfull than these modern ones by a long way and the drivers pulled more G .

Oh yeah. Totally agree.