R32 GTR Weight Loss Program - Page 14 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th July 2012, 05:49 PM   #261 (permalink)
jasaircraft is building heat
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kindness View Post
1000kg is a VERY ambitious target....
yeah it is but hell, we gotta try... Im also in the plans of making a titanium downpipe.. I got the welder with the special tools to weld...
Now I gotta buy the tube, would anyone recon 2.5inches is good for each of the turbo exits? I mean stock downpipe is 2inches...

What if I leave each tube on its own instead of joining them into one big 3 inch?
(I plan to have it to one side say 10-15inches behind the front left wheel)
Old 19th July 2012, 09:24 PM   #262 (permalink)
Hugh Keir is getting old

Cars owned: R32 GTR Race Car
Quote:
any info (links / prices) on a carbon prop?

I'd imagine them to be about £1000 - which in the scheme of things doesnt float :lol: I'd rather spend that on fresh tyres.
Adam,

I have a carbon prop at the house you can look at if you need to see what they look like
Old 7th August 2012, 12:15 PM   #263 (permalink)
Adam Kindness is phu phu phu

Cars owned: R32 GTR
we're needing the car weighed again soon to get correct classification for GT Cup but accoring to Fee the car was weighed at 1411kg with the tank full AND her in the seat.

So some basics backwards working... 60kg for Fee, 32kg fuel, so 1410-60-32 = 1318kg

12 US gallon tank = 45litres = 31.8kg

Thats will 8l of oil, big 4l steel bottled fire system, redundant ATTESSA gear (ECU, G Sensor etc still in)

Other ECU's - can someone clarify what the ECU is thats mounted in the driver side rear 1/4? HICAS or Fuel pump control?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Sponsored by Ultralite &

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Adam Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th August 2012, 12:18 PM   #264 (permalink)
RJT
RJT is unaware they can edit their status

Tis probably the fuel pump control. On the 33 its above the o/s/r strut.
You can ditch that too.
Old 8th August 2012, 02:17 AM   #265 (permalink)

Hi guys I removed my abs unit, turned out 7.5kg , not sure if I can remove the abs ecu and which is it?
Old 9th August 2012, 11:21 AM   #266 (permalink)
freakazoid3 is a longtime addict
Registered

Quote:

Other ECU's - can someone clarify what the ECU is thats mounted in the driver side rear 1/4? HICAS or Fuel pump control?
Fuel pump control
Old 9th August 2012, 11:46 AM   #267 (permalink)

cool, i'll do the usual before binning it - disconnect and test LOL

ABS - any guides to removing ABS? What needs done (other than just ripping it out)

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 9th August 2012, 12:28 PM   #268 (permalink)
RJT
RJT is unaware they can edit their status

I dont think the fuel ecu will just work when un-plugged, it will need some re-wiring.
But just use the earth to the normal ecu to contoll the pump through a new relay and power source.

Abs- just remove and make up new brake lines. i dont think it affects the attesa like on the 33's and 4's.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:50 PM   #269 (permalink)

Worthwhile swiss cheesing the chassis / shell with a punch? How much weight would really be saved?

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 31st December 2012, 04:25 PM   #270 (permalink)

I swiss cheesed my front metal bumper, and it shure lost weight, I could have made even more holes to it but I was lazy...
Old 31st December 2012, 04:28 PM   #271 (permalink)

I also have acrylic for the headlamp covers instead of glass... Of course for racing only ive got the funel intake headlight and I have to make a cover only for the other side..
Old 1st January 2013, 09:45 AM   #272 (permalink)

that bit of metal is long gone on ours...

But lightweight headlights/blanks are a good suggestion. We run 1 vent. but for TA you need lights (in the regs) so some blanks with LEDs or something would work

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 1st January 2013, 09:48 AM   #273 (permalink)

on that note is there any off the GRP headlight 'blanks' ?

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 2nd January 2013, 12:12 AM   #274 (permalink)

So yo dont have the metal bumper? No protection against a crash? Or did you weld a bar instead? I have only seen grp intakes, not the other headlamp side, it shouldnt be hard to make a mold and diy..
Old 2nd January 2013, 06:31 AM   #275 (permalink)

you think that crash bar is going to protect a car in a crash?!? Its pretty flimsy metal

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 2nd January 2013, 11:34 AM   #276 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
I removed front and rear bumper mounting bars a while back! Im with Adam that if you're going to have a sore one, the bumper bar aint gonna be much of a help. Weigh a ton as well (well, not literally!!)
Im going to be moulding LH and RH light GRP blanking pieces soon. Give me a shout if you want one made

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2013, 12:12 PM   #277 (permalink)

TT - Yes please!

Crash bars - yup, both front/rear have been removed from ours too. Front was chopped up anyway for the big Trust 4" FMIC, and a bit mangled from various tyrewalls.

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Last edited by Adam Kindness; 2nd January 2013 at 12:31 PM..
Old 3rd January 2013, 05:45 PM   #278 (permalink)

I actually did crash once driving in the street, it saved the radiator and stuff deeper in, interccoler broke aswell as headlamps and bonnet but stuff deeper in wasnt affected so yeah its better than nothing, I wouldnt have liked the chassis or pulleys to be affected for instance...
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:23 PM   #279 (permalink)
WillRobDon is hardcore BNR32
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: BNR32 GTR , Golf GTD
Quote:
cool, i'll do the usual before binning it - disconnect and test LOL

ABS - any guides to removing ABS? What needs done (other than just ripping it out)
I've removed the ABS, as far as i know it will work fine but leave the wheel sensors in. I've just replaced the lines with braided hoses and good to go! Saves so much weight the pump is ridiculous!

Will.
Old 4th January 2013, 06:01 AM   #280 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasaircraft View Post
I actually did crash once driving in the street, it saved the radiator and stuff deeper in, interccoler broke aswell as headlamps and bonnet but stuff deeper in wasnt affected so yeah its better than nothing, I wouldnt have liked the chassis or pulleys to be affected for instance...
you'll never get anywhere near your dream of 1000kg if you arent willing to lose things like the crash bars :S

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw