R32 GTR Weight Loss Program - Page 15 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th January 2013, 11:54 AM   #281 (permalink)
tarmac terror is Wondering why it says 'New User' below.....*confused*
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
LOL...1000kg...

Jeez Jas..a bare shell, engine and tranny aint far away from that. You are going to have to be VERY creative to get anywhere NEAR that!! My R32 is about as pared back as it can get and if its under 1275kg I will eat my left arm.
I think you may have to be a bit more realistic with the weight goal unless you are going to be using LOTS of very expensive exotic materials and spaceframing etc.

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
tarmac terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 02:01 AM   #282 (permalink)
jasaircraft is building heat
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

We'll see when Im done shaving it...
Old 6th January 2013, 09:00 AM   #283 (permalink)
Adam Kindness is phu phu phu

Cars owned: R32 GTR
we run GRP front wings, rear wings, boot, doors etc etc and still have a fat tub that weighs about 1340kg LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Sponsored by Ultralite &

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Adam Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th January 2013, 12:07 PM   #284 (permalink)
New Users

Cars owned: Genuine R32 GTR; Genuine-ish X5 4.8iS; Completely fake BMW M6; Reasonably Genuine Peugeot 306 Rallye
I had looked at fitting GRP wings too Adam but when i took one off, i reckoned they were so light as std that GRP would have probably ADDED weight than removed it...

TT
R32GTR- Stage 6; Frank Baxter exhaust with K-pipe; Rick Astley cams; Dave Gahan electrics; Bjorn Ulvaeus race prep; Howard Jones gearbox upgrade; Ray Charles body mods and styling. Mapped by Glenn Medeiros.------> Beat that R35 owners with dodgy parts list sigs :)
Old 6th January 2013, 12:31 PM   #285 (permalink)

yup, they are no lighter - but they are wider

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 7th January 2013, 09:35 PM   #286 (permalink)
WillRobDon is hardcore BNR32
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Cars owned: BNR32 GTR , Golf GTD
This is pretty light! 1000kg is very ambitious I feel.

Old 8th January 2013, 06:31 AM   #287 (permalink)

any info on that car in english?

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 8th January 2013, 08:10 AM   #288 (permalink)
Sub Boy is a nana driver

What magazine is that Will? How do I get a subscription?
gaz_86 likes this.
Old 8th January 2013, 08:21 AM   #289 (permalink)

It's Hyper Rev. I stole it from Bob when I was at Zealou5. Don't tell him! I have been looking for some more pictures and info on that car as it is purely a track weapon. 1190 is pretty light though! I will update if my search comes to fruition. Was hoping some of the more enlightened forum users may know where to look!
Old 8th January 2013, 08:42 AM   #290 (permalink)

good thread Gtr R32 Weight - Skylines Australia

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 8th January 2013, 10:07 AM   #291 (permalink)

Interesting read. We were chatting about doors the other day and I didn't realise there was a difference between early and late model doors. Mine are the later style and weigh loads! I would be interested In an early set or carbon!

A CF or lighter prop surely has to be a good thing? The oem prop is ridiculously heavy.
Old 8th January 2013, 10:17 AM   #292 (permalink)
markM3 is GTRless!

Hi Will,

Do you have a cage fitted, as the early doors had no side protection installed, whilst the later models had a 25kg steel plates in them.

I would rather have the extra protection, as 32s are rubbish in a side impact (mine hasn't got the protection, as a 1990 model).
Old 8th January 2013, 11:05 AM   #293 (permalink)

Mine has a cage and the heavy doors. I'm not bothered about a crash. Well I am bothered about a crash but I think if my head knocks the cage i'll be out anyway! I could look at getting some low mount bars but I don't want getting in and out a pain.
Old 8th January 2013, 05:15 PM   #294 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by markM3 View Post
I would rather have the extra protection, as 32s are rubbish in a side impact (mine hasn't got the protection, as a 1990 model).
Having seen pics of crashed 1990+ R32's I think our respective ideas of 'protection' may be different!!! One in particular I remember was a side-on into a tree/lampost. The pax sill was resting up against the transmission tunnel and Im 99.9% sure that has side impact bars. Was a slow speed impact and god only knows how the guy's missus survived.

When the rest of the car is built from, effectively, crepe paper...side impact bars aint gonna do you ANY good.

edit: I found the links. I suggest you take a good look at the pics. You'll find they are all '90+ models of R32.
https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/91735-r32...impacts-2.html

TT

Last edited by tarmac terror; 8th January 2013 at 05:24 PM..
Old 8th January 2013, 09:31 PM   #295 (permalink)
carbonfootprint is unaware they can edit their status

There are things you can do with composite doors to make them incredibly strong. As long as your pockets are deep enough of course!
Old 8th January 2013, 11:11 PM   #296 (permalink)
jasaircraft is building heat

Mine is a 89 model.32 and it has the plate and bars inside the door, I have made one fiberglass door already, lost like 20k to the stock one, I havent had time to do the other one and the lexan windows
Old 9th January 2013, 06:35 AM   #297 (permalink)

5kg doors here, with gusseted cage X from A to B pillers

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 9th January 2013, 08:16 AM   #298 (permalink)
fourtoes is milk monitor

I know of some lex an windows for sale if anyone needs some? Sooo light.

Bob

Like us on Facebook ZEALOU5 turning cars into heroes.

ZEALOU5

Please Whatsapp me on 07970699470.
(^^^best way to get in touch tbh^^^).
Mobile: 07970699470

Email:
fourtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2013, 10:33 AM   #299 (permalink)
markM3 is GTRless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmac terror View Post
Having seen pics of crashed 1990+ R32's I think our respective ideas of 'protection' may be different!!! One in particular I remember was a side-on into a tree/lampost. The pax sill was resting up against the transmission tunnel and Im 99.9% sure that has side impact bars. Was a slow speed impact and god only knows how the guy's missus survived.

When the rest of the car is built from, effectively, crepe paper...side impact bars aint gonna do you ANY good.

edit: I found the links. I suggest you take a good look at the pics. You'll find they are all '90+ models of R32.
https://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/91735-r32...impacts-2.html

TT
Yep TT, seen all this hence said extra protection.

They are indeed pathetically weak iro passenger protection, but aside from a full cage, is there anything that can be done to improve this?

Cheers,
Old 9th January 2013, 12:07 PM   #300 (permalink)
carbonfootprint is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally Posted by markM3 View Post
Yep TT, seen all this hence said extra protection.

They are indeed pathetically weak iro passenger protection, but aside from a full cage, is there anything that can be done to improve this?

Cheers,
As I said earlier, much much stronger composite doors as opposed to skins