R32 GTR Weight Loss Program - Page 8 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > Nissan Skyline > Tuning: General
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th October 2008, 07:59 PM   #141 (permalink)
Big Ash is unaware they can edit their status
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: R32GTR R33GTST
1 set is Jap salon and 1 from Japan (make unknown). I will have a think about price but want to get them side by side 1st to make my mind up which to keep. Both stored in different locations. The Jap salon ones need the holes cutting so I want to have a think whether I can be bothered and sell the expensive ones or just sell the cheaper ones and be done with it.
Old 30th October 2008, 08:27 PM   #142 (permalink)
Smokey 1 is building the dream
New Users

Cars owned: R 32
Adam do you have any idea on the weight of the car now? looking to get some out of the Taisan. Where was the most weight saved from?, I see from the pick that you have removed the glove box and lower half of the dash did that weigh a bit?

Thanks

Smokey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man"
Smokey 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2008, 08:58 PM   #143 (permalink)
Adam Kindness is phu phu phu

Cars owned: R32 GTR
there is a fair bit of weight under the dash....

The motor for the fan, the heater matrix, all the brackets etc... I think i did weigh some stuff. I'll dig out some of the old pics/posts.

We havent done anything to lose weight since the last weight in.

We've just ordered new ECU, and HICAS cancel bar .... the next step after that is back onto the weight issue. GRP doors and perspex windows.

-
- Sponsored by Ultralite &

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Adam Kindness is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30th October 2008, 09:01 PM   #144 (permalink)

gubbins from the lower half of dash.

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 30th October 2008, 09:53 PM   #145 (permalink)
New Users

Bloody hell that look like a fair old chunk. The doors and glass must be fair old heavy. Have you removed the ABS pump how much did it weigh?

Smokey

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man"
Old 30th October 2008, 09:54 PM   #146 (permalink)
GT-R Glenn is aware Veilsides street R32 gtr ran 8.612 @ 172.5 MPH (Radials)

Cars owned: R32GTR /GSXR1300DatsunB310/ R33 / KTM / Gasgas / Type R EG Civic
Man I have thought about ripping the blower out from under the dash on more than one occasion, but my paranoia of a foggy screen overpowers my common sense.
Mind you the demister is extremely unreliable anyway ....
Maybe I should and just install an a/m demister.
Post your pcx of the polycarb windows after you do them , thats another thing on my list to do.
As discussed previously , Gavman has done his with some a/m ones, but I have never seen them.
Dont use perspex.
Old 30th October 2008, 09:55 PM   #147 (permalink)

nope.... we still have ABS.

I dont tend to lock up on track, but fee says she does :/ ... may look into it next year.

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 30th October 2008, 09:59 PM   #148 (permalink)
New Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kindness View Post
nope.... we still have ABS.

I dont tend to lock up on track, but fee says she does :/ ... may look into it next year.
lol

I have mine disconnected and with practice and some positive heel and toe you will get no lock up, Fee know what she is talking about

Smokey

Old 30th October 2008, 09:59 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R Glenn View Post
Man I have thought about ripping the blower out from under the dash on more than one occasion, but my paranoia of a foggy screen overpowers my common sense.
Mind you the demister is extremely unreliable anyway ....
Maybe I should and just install an a/m demister.
Post your pcx of the polycarb windows after you do them , thats another thing on my list to do.
As discussed previously , Gavman has done his with some a/m ones, but I have never seen them.
Dont use perspex.
yup, prob be Lexan we go for. Prob be the same kit as Gav too. Plastics for Performance.

We have the window coated in anti mist stuff... it helps but isnt a cure. At wet events we try and keep the car and ourselves under cover and dry as much as possible.

I have a friend was has an after market blower fitted to his hillclimb car. It was about £20. I'll ask him for more info. He also has a gerbil water bottle for his screen wash LOL.

I'm going to down size that in mine and move it inside somewhere... prob somewhere in the rear seat area.

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 30th October 2008, 10:08 PM   #150 (permalink)

voila

ELECTRIC DEMIST HEATER DEMST

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 30th October 2008, 10:16 PM   #151 (permalink)
New Users

dont PC fans do the same job Adam and cost a bit less as well.

Smokey

Old 30th October 2008, 10:26 PM   #152 (permalink)

you'd need an army of them.... and a heat source

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 30th October 2008, 10:37 PM   #153 (permalink)
New Users

maybe the dash mounted oil cooler option might be on the cards then?

Smokey

Old 31st October 2008, 12:10 AM   #154 (permalink)
GT-R Glenn is aware Veilsides street R32 gtr ran 8.612 @ 172.5 MPH (Radials)

Cars owned: R32GTR /GSXR1300DatsunB310/ R33 / KTM / Gasgas / Type R EG Civic
Ive seen a few different ones, some are like a pc fan in a tube with a heater coil in them , about 80mm diameter.
Some guys run the stick on 4 strip rear window demister, on the windscreen.
I dont like that as Im always cleaning the inside of my screen nd would be concerned about damaging it.
Im about to repower my sunny to, and will be setting the engine back through the firewall so need to remotley mount the factory heater or invent something or use a/m etc:
Rainex is pretty common to, wipe on the screen to keep fog away. but still not 100%.
I must weigh both of them sometime
Old 31st October 2008, 12:35 AM   #155 (permalink)
freakazoid3 is a longtime addict
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Kindness View Post
I have one just like it at home from my beetle I used to own
Old 31st October 2008, 11:20 AM   #156 (permalink)

I have lexan windows and am thinking of putting the front ones back to glass. The lexan ones bend out or in when you put them up and down and catch on the rubbers, tearing them. Or they pop out a speed, flapping and whistling. I might design a thin alloy frame that will strengthen them and try that. All I can say is they are [email protected] for a road car and not secure at all.
Old 22nd January 2009, 04:21 PM   #157 (permalink)

Light Weight GRP doors in black gell coat arrived :lick:

Weighed them to make sure... 6kg Each! hehe

Just waiting for the GRP boot skin and Lexan windows now.

PS - From JapSalon

-

'81 Porsche 911 SC 3.0
'08 Navara Outlaw

Old 22nd January 2009, 05:08 PM   #158 (permalink)
fourtoes is milk monitor
Executive GTR Owners Club Member

Very nice!

bob

Like us on Facebook ZEALOU5 turning cars into heroes.

ZEALOU5

Please Whatsapp me on 07970699470.
(^^^best way to get in touch tbh^^^).
Mobile: 07970699470

Email:
fourtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:43 PM   #159 (permalink)
dc2mike is unaware they can edit their status

how much do you have to pay for those doors?
I can get some here i sweden for quite good prices, also in carbon but i think thats twice as much as the grp doors
Old 23rd January 2009, 11:01 AM   #160 (permalink)

I have some of these doors secondhand never been used for sale surplus to requirements if anyone wants them. I have some Jap ones that are even lighter so they are up for grabs. £300 for the pair. I will post them in the for sale section also.