R35 - Does anyone else hate the R35 - GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum

Want to buy a banner ad? Find out more here.

Go Back   GT-R Register - Nissan Skyline and GT-R Drivers Club forum > General > General Nissan R35 GT-R Chat
Register Garage FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Insurance

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 25th March 2003, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
stemcgee is unaware they can edit their status

Angry R35 - Does anyone else hate the R35

The R35 is absolutely naff. Nissan have turned Godzilla into a 3ft poof from Soho. Sort it out lads
Old 29th July 2003, 02:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Skyline_R34 is unaware they can edit their status

I don't hate it but I definetly think that the R34 is much much much much better. But hey, we'll just have to wait and see what Nissan comes out with next.
Old 14th August 2003, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
99_Civicsi is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
The R35 is absolutely naff. Nissan have turned Godzilla into a 3ft poof from Soho. Sort it out lads
i agree with you man the r35 is diffinately a mistake. it looks ulgly as hell and looks like a g35. no one ain't gonna get it when it comes out atleast not me. just my 0.02cent opinion.

Old 14th August 2003, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Howsie is apoplectic
GTR.co.uk seasoned Member

Cars owned: Various.
How can you hate a car that you haven't seen yet!?!?! Nissan are playing their cards very close to their chest.
Old 14th August 2003, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
DCD
DCD is speedhunting
New Users

Cars owned: BNR34 V-spec
So much confusion

Old 17th August 2003, 03:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Little Nismo is A Pickled Cabbage

Cars owned: Nissan Skyline R33 GTR, 402kw @ 1.75bar
Sex on wheels

Gee you guys will get a reputaion for being whingers if you are not careful! That sort of thing could tarnish a whole culture!

Down here in the colonies we have a much rosier outlook on life. And access to the latest magazines with the latest leaked 'supposed' production shots. [Wheels mag and Speed mag, from Auzzie]. Saddly i don't have a scanner at this terminal [which i have plugged into an electric fence here on the farm, as i sit passing the time tending the flocks on the farm. Anyway i digress.

I put it to you that the next GTR is sex on wheels, i would marry it if it were leagal and i wasn't allready promised to a rather nice ewe.

It does not look like the last few carnations that have been flying about the net. It is a lot Tokyo motor show concept generally and a bit of 350Z. It looks way better than both. The front and lights have changed. It is fat low with muscular flanks and a purposeful gaping front bar. The lines are somewhere between the R33 and 34 not as square as the later or as round as the former.
I'll post pics when i can. My scanner is on the tractor.

It never ceases to amaze me that people believe in god all the time and he has yet to perform a miracle [in my life time at least]. Then there is Nissan who deliever time and again, and again for good measure. Come on where is your faith people?
Old 27th August 2003, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
LSR
LSR is unaware they can edit their status

Unhappy

Well I agree with the comments about the next GT-R being crap. And it has nothing to do with the car being revealed or not.

V6 engine (maybe tt'd), V6s aren't tuneable (look at the NSX engine). And why do we get a V6 tt and not I6 tt? Because of stupid emissions, which I don't give a f*ck about.

If it is a V8, then the tuneability factor could be there

Judging by the designs rumoured and leaked, the aggressiveness has gone.

No quad rear circular lights.

No RB.

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't have an MFD.

In fact, the only thing representing the Skyline are the ATTESSA-ETS and Super HICAS Pro systems.
Old 27th August 2003, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Howsie is apoplectic

Cars owned: Various.
Oh dear. What details have been leaked about the car and do you believe them? I've heard everything from "Its going to be powered by crushed tortoise testicles" to "It has electric motor assistance at each wheel". So where do you go?

I have the pleasure, along with a few others from this forum, of being taken to dinner by Mr Tamaura himself to discuss all things skyline, both past and future. I can tell you he didn't give much away, but one thing I am confident of, whatever form the next GT-R is given birth in, (insert rumors here), it will be a very very special car!!

I can't wait!
Old 27th August 2003, 01:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Perra is enjoying his LHD Hakosuka

Cars owned: R35
Quote:
Originally posted by LSR
V6 engine (maybe tt'd), V6s aren't tuneable (look at the NSX engine).
I couldn't DISAGREE more. Look at the Typhoon/Syclone, they've got V6's and they're VERY tunable! Don't trust me? Well, take a look at this Swedish guys homepage:
http://www.syclone.org/

He's been running 10,26/136,7mph. Over 800bhp... nuff said.

Other than that, sure I'd like to have the RB in the new GTR...

/P
Old 27th August 2003, 02:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
aaronjb is unaware they can edit their status

Quote:
Originally posted by LSR
V6 engine (maybe tt'd), V6s aren't tuneable (look at the NSX engine). And why do we get a V6 tt and not I6 tt? Because of stupid emissions, which I don't give a f*ck about.
And to continue Perra's post - I think the guys in the states running 700rwhp (yes, wheel hp, not fly) in Z32's would disagree too.. And hey, they're doing that on stock internals (stock crank, bearings, rods and pistons) - OK so the VG30DETT was a very over engineered engine, but still..

Lots and lots of them running around 500rwhp too, dyno charts to prove etc etc.

And not forgetting that the 350Z (VQ35DE powered, without turbos) is as fast as the 300ZX (VG30DETT powered) - I think that says a lot about the tuneability of v6 engines. Especially when there are already TT kits appearing..

Scuse me, I think I need a tissue....

Oh yeah - I forgot to say (falling asleep today)..

V35 (since there is no R35) - It's ok, but a bit plain for me, but then it's just a coupe really, not meant to be earthshattering. I'd take the 350Z over the V35.

The new GTR - I'll tell you if/when we ever see the real thing

Last edited by aaronjb; 27th August 2003 at 03:03 PM..
aaronjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2003, 08:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Little Nismo is A Pickled Cabbage

Cars owned: Nissan Skyline R33 GTR, 402kw @ 1.75bar
Quote:
Originally posted by LSR
Well I agree with the comments about the next GT-R being crap.

Judging by the designs rumoured and leaked, the aggressiveness has gone.

No quad rear circular lights.

No RB.

Well i disagree, while 1400hp might be a big ask from the bent six 500-600 on stock internals is quite possible, allready japanese tunner are getting close to this mark. Plus Hp isn't the whole story, what about torque? Dunno how it stacks up there.

Emmissions do matter retard, or else everyone dies, in short order. Just because you don't care about the destruction of the planet does not mean that it doesn't matter. HAVE A HEART.

The lights will surely be round.

And check out this link to the lates posted pics.

Da new world order
Old 28th August 2003, 01:35 AM   #12 (permalink)
Bean is unaware they can edit their status
New Users

Cars owned: Reservation receipt
Quote:
Originally posted by Howsie
Oh dear. What details have been leaked about the car and do you believe them? I've heard everything from "Its going to be powered by crushed tortoise testicles" to "It has electric motor assistance at each wheel". So where do you go?

I have the pleasure, along with a few others from this forum, of being taken to dinner by Mr Tamaura himself to discuss all things skyline, both past and future. I can tell you he didn't give much away, but one thing I am confident of, whatever form the next GT-R is given birth in, (insert rumors here), it will be a very very special car!!

I can't wait!
I'll just agree with what Howsie has said.
For instance, this week alone, both CarTop and BestCar magazines both have 'new' CG interpretations.

As another person lucky enough to speak with Tamura-san, I can say that you only have to spend a few minutes talking to him about GT-Rs to be certain that the next one will be special. The man's passion and commitment are unquestionable
Old 28th August 2003, 02:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
hipogtr is putting the R35 under the knife
New Users

Cars owned: Ganbaru Vitz!
Re: Sex on wheels

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Nismo
Down here in the colonies we have a much rosier outlook on life. And access to the latest magazines with the latest leaked 'supposed' production shots. [Wheels mag and Speed mag, from Auzzie].
And if you believe what's written in Speed you also will all be disappointed to know that the export US version is going to be a 5.4ltr NA V8 configuration and "the GT-R will be introduced in August 2004 whether or not it appears at the next Tokyo Motor Show". Something just doesn't sound right about that.

Cya O!
Old 28th August 2003, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
LSR
LSR is unaware they can edit their status

Perra,

Yeah V6s can be quite tuneable, I forgot to mention that (the 3000GT 6g74 wasn't a bad engine to tune, and even it was flawed).

Little Nismo,

While I respect emissions laws because they let living creatures like us breathe, I think they are just too damn strict, and carmakers are getting all the blame. Already cars are over-regulated in regard to this, and people just fail to look at the many other causes that cause pollution, which are not as tightly regulated. And it is because of emissions laws being stricter, partly thanks to environmentalists, that customers have to suffer -I doubt the next Supra will be an I6 TT that is tuneable (yeah I know I was proven wrong by this), and instead some untuneable car. A better example is that because of emissions, Honda is more likely, and highly speculated both inside and outside the company, to make a hybrid NSX. And that isn't what customers want. Emissions regs are taking over marketing, and what customers want. And it is at the expense of companies and their sales, which is far from fair (Honda and all other carmakers have to abide by stricter laws, and can't give customers what they want). And everyone rightly claims that it killed two great engines - 2JZ-GTE and RB line (yes, I know there were some other reasons why these engines were discontinued).

And the pic in the link you had in your post is an old photoshopped R34.
Old 28th August 2003, 04:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
DCD
DCD is speedhunting
New Users

Cars owned: BNR34 V-spec
I think cars are clean enough as it is.

If those stupid idiots that make up car emission laws every year actually opened their eyes and realized that a single plane that flyes 12 hours can generate more pollution than what 500 cars make in a year (which are delivered to the atmosphere at a perfect altitude of 10,000m for max effect) then maybe theyd figure out the bigger picture.

This is without mentioning the old, stinky, undermentained buses that drive millions of kms every day in and around cities every hour of every day. Or maybe the cargo ships that burn millions of liters of practically crude oil constantly around out oceans and seas....

That is the reality people have to wake up to! Its absolutely pointless concentrating on less than 20% of the problem and forcing unecessary limits on car emissions when we are practically destroying our atmosphere with the stuff I mentioned above. And all this is without even going into all the other sh1t that pollutes our atmosphere, water & earth every day...

Old 30th August 2003, 01:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
hipogtr is putting the R35 under the knife
New Users

Cars owned: Ganbaru Vitz!
Quote:
Originally posted by DCD
I think cars are clean enough as it is.

If those stupid idiots that make up car emission laws every year actually opened their eyes and realized that a single plane that flyes 12 hours can generate more pollution than what 500 cars make in a year (which are delivered to the atmosphere at a perfect altitude of 10,000m for max effect) then maybe theyd figure out the bigger picture.

This is without mentioning the old, stinky, undermentained buses that drive millions of kms every day in and around cities every hour of every day. Or maybe the cargo ships that burn millions of liters of practically crude oil constantly around out oceans and seas....

That is the reality people have to wake up to! Its absolutely pointless concentrating on less than 20% of the problem and forcing unecessary limits on car emissions when we are practically destroying our atmosphere with the stuff I mentioned above. And all this is without even going into all the other sh1t that pollutes our atmosphere, water & earth every day...
Amen, brother!

Cya O!
Old 30th August 2003, 11:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
bladerider is naked and covered in peanut butter....maybe !!
GT-RDC Member

Cars owned: Alas, some Germans at the moment !!
Thumbs up

Well said Dino.

PS I thought the concept GTR that was in Car magazine a couple of years ago with the vertical headlamps was quite nice really. From a visual perspective. Engineering wise they can change so much I think its pointless speculating til it arrives.

J.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bladerider is offline   Reply With Quote