GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the road tax went up...

I cant find any information on the bandings and how it is applied?

Im kind of taking it as a given that we all get caught by this? :mad:

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Was £190 last time I bought a whole year! ****ing disgraceful if you ask me :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Pikey said:
Was £190 last time I bought a whole year! ****ing disgraceful if you ask me :mad: :mad: :mad:
£190 ? It was only £170 for me and that was just last month.

I'm assuming this £210 will be the new flat rate for all cars over 1549cc registered before 1st March 2001. And also all cars registered after that date in BAND F for CO2 emmisions.

·
Registered
204 Posts
what day does this take effect from.. mines due end of this month.. might be worth taxing it early? save fat boy brown getting even more money for nothing..

·
Administrator
31,472 Posts
£210 only applies to so called chelsea tractors, and i think its based on the more recent emmision based taxation system

Drivers whose gas-guzzling vehicles do most damage to the environment will be hit with a rise in car tax, the Chancellor revealed in his 10th Budget address.

Gordon Brown - while revealing that petrol duty will be frozen until September - told the Commons the worst offenders will pay £210.

This could hit drivers of 4x4 vehicles - the so-called "Chelsea tractors" - while cars which pollute next to nothing will pay nothing, or as little as £40.

our older cars will probably stay the same or increase a smidge.

I hope

mind you, he's lowered tax on smaller cars. Seems a SMART might only cost circa £40 a year to tax!!

mook

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
SimonM said:
£190 ? It was only £170 for me and that was just last month.
Ignore me, I'm being retarded :eek:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
It wouldn't matter, tax will still go up because cost of NHS will go up when people start getting into accident while they are sitting in a SMART.

Does those thing even have a Crumple Zone that doesn't contain part of the passanger's body parts (eg. Legs)?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
"7.75 To strengthen environmental incentives, the Government announces further
reforms to VED:

• a new higher band of graduated VED (band G), set at £210 for petrol cars, will
be introduced for the most polluting new cars (those above 225g of carbon
dioxide emissions per kilometre);
• the VED rate for the small number of cars with the very lowest carbon
emissions (band A) will be reduced to £0 to encourage take-up and assist the
development of the low carbon car market;
• VED rates will also be reduced for band B by £35 and C by £5, frozen for
bands D and E, and increased by £25 for band F;
rates for pre-2001 registered cars and light goods vehicles in the lower band will be frozen with the higher band increased by £5;
• the reduced rate of graduated VED for alternative fuel cars will be extended to
include those cars manufactured to run on high blend bioethanol (E85); and
• In total, 50 per cent of cars will see their VED frozen or reduced.Three million
cars will pay VED of £100 or less."

Phil

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Mookistar said:
This could hit drivers of 4x4 vehicles - the so-called "Chelsea tractors" - while cars which pollute next to nothing will pay nothing, or as little as £40
I heard this today, think it was on the radio.

Wasn't sure what to make of it though, is my GTR classed as 4WD, 'cos most of the time its 2WD, until the ATTESSA kicks in. :confused: The more I thought about it the more confused I got, (so I went and had a nice cup of tea instead :D ).

Cheers Philip for clearing it up though. ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
From that link:
Some bloke from the Government said:
On Wednesday 22nd March 2006 the Chancellor made the following announcement regarding Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) –

Cars registered on or after 1st March 2001 which fall into Band A (CO2 emissions up to 100 g/km) will attract a nil rate of duty.
So small engined cars get free road tax! :eek: They still use up space on the road and wear out the tarmac don't they, why shouldn't they have to pay to use the roads? :confused:

Jesus. :rolleyes:

·
R35 Section manager
10,829 Posts
tim b said:
From that link:

So small engined cars get free road tax! :eek: They still use up space on the road and wear out the tarmac don't they, why shouldn't they have to pay to use the roads? :confused:

Jesus. :rolleyes:

Think we are all best off leaving this sh7t hole country-Any money earned is taken back,before you have had chance to spend it.:confused: :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts