GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
By way of settlement for a damaged watch, my insurance company will be issuing a SIGNET card with a £2,770 credit. This is apparently the way they settle claims these days. You can then use the card to purchase goods from Ernest Jones, Leslie Davis or H. Samuel!!! Ernest Jones stock a wide range of high end watches including Breitling, Omega, Bell & Ross etc.

I was all set to buy another Omega Seamaster when a mate mentioned he was thinking of selling his Breitling Super Avenger Black Steel (it's a limited edition). Of course, he doesn't accept Signet!

If anyone is interested I'll accept £2300 for the card. If not, I'll just go pick up the Omega :)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I had one of these SIGNET cards from insurance, they offered me £6,200 cash or £9,500 SIGNET card. Needless to say I took the Signet card.

I actually bought 2 Rolex Ceramic Sub's for £5,200 and sold them both the same day for £4,700 meaning in my pocket I'd got £8,500 in cash instead of the £6,200 insurance offered.

Might be worth considering buying someone around the £2700 region you can quick sale easier than the SIGNET card would be my suggestion if you really want the Breitling.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might pop into Ernest Jones next week for a browse.

You had a pretty good deal on the Submariner. Not sure i want the hassle of selling a watch. Quite like some of the Bell & Ross models.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
£5,200 each is what I meant. Ie. I spent £10,400 used the £9,500 card and £900 of own money. Then sold each for £4,700.

In case you thought I meant I got the Sub's for £2,600 each :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
£5k didn't sound like a bad price for the submariner but I'm not up on values. I paid $1500 USD for the omega in 2005 and the current replacement value is £2770. Watches are one of the few commodities that you can rely on to increase in value :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts