GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R34 GTT Wheel Deal

Guys,

A few months ago I swapped out my factory GTT wheels (they are absolutely perfect condition 'as new'... not a single scratch or dent) with only 3,950 miles on them since new and running with the OEM factory tyres (from factory) when I did the swap. Tyres and wheels ready to swap to another car.

The tyres are 225/45ZR17's. They are standard 5-stud japanese fitment. According to Elite (from whom I purchased my new 225/40ZR18's from at a price of £1600 (ouch)... ) my original wheels should fit almost any Japanese 5-stud vehicle application and they are a lightweight cast alloy.

First offer of £500 secures them, which is an absolute bargin ! Each alloy alone normally costs £500+vat from Middlehust Nissan!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wheels

I've been told they will fit any japanese 5 stud fitment.

Do you know how I can attach an image on here??? or you could just send me your email addy and I'll post an image to you. Basically they are a 6 spoke design and look very similar to the R34 GT-R ones but just 1" smaller.

Cheers

Trev

·
Registered
865 Posts
Aren't yours 5 stud being a turbo mate? strange:confused:

Also Trevor is u wanna show a pic, when u go to 'send reply' you'll see the box where u r typing the text a section where it says browse, this way u can upload ur pic.

·
Registered
592 Posts
You know what I havent a clue just saw all the GTS comments about 4 studs and assumed.... sod work gona have a look :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Feel silly now next youll be telling me it aint a desiel :)

Seems these will fit my car 518mm to 533mm so an extra 1.5cm the only problem is the suspension arm seems to be already rubbing my tyre so the extra 1.5 cm isnt going to work - unless it can be adjusted?

Also noticed my suspension is edusa anyone heard of them?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Not sure what the ET is on the GTT but can't seeing being hugely different to the GTST?

Find out Tony as it may be a good buy, whats the ET offset on yours? Say its 30 and these are 28 then they'll be fine taking the step up in size.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Excsure this very poor diagram, but its an inside view of the arm/bush for you and shows how the wheel sits away from it m8.

Hope its of help, please ingnore my poor paint shop skill. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Cheers Rich

Seems its all down to the offset now... anyone have any clues for either car?

Trevor erm they are still for sale arnt they?

Ta in advance

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stormuk said:
Cheers Rich

Seems its all down to the offset now... anyone have any clues for either car?

Trevor erm they are still for sale arnt they?

Ta in advance
Yes mate they are !

·
Registered
916 Posts
Here are the Offset figures for R32's, One would assume, as the running gear is near identical, that the wheel offsets would be the same.

16x6.5Jx16" Dia = 40mm Offset

16x8Jx16" Dia = 30mm Offset

The 30mm Offset is for the GTR only. ALL other wheels are 40mm Offset.

Hope this is of some help. My GTR has 40mm offset, with 235/45x17 tyres, and doesn't rub anywhere, but it doesn't look right with the wheels tucked away in the arches!!!!:D

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
here's some pics of standard R34 wheeld - yes they do fit R33's and R32's and are pretty decent wheels (for factory originals):

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats really a bargin!

I just sold a mint set (with only 3 tho miles on them) for £600 so these should be snapped up!

Photo's don't do them justice... its just I love 18's and so when I had my GT-T (now my dads) i just had to have 'em!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
trevor

Agree - they look better in real life than in photos, but nevertheless, here's one of them on the car:

BTW: Size for GTT is 17 x 7.5 with +40 offset.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts