GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
You know what they say... If it seems to good to be true it probably is.

I cant understand why these scammers dont use more realistic figures, I mean, Will that price actually make anybody think this might be genuine ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed him this is wat i got back

Paul,
I am very sorry but the only photos that I have are the ebay photos.
Please email me and let me know if you are intrested.
thank you.

paul howard <[email protected]> wrote:
can i have more photo of the car please
----- Original Message -----
To: paul howard
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 7:58 PM
Subject: Re: gtr

Paul,
The only way I will do it is trough ebay and as soon as ebay will confim me that you made the payment I will bring the car to you because if I will bring it without no guarantee that you will buy it and you will tell me that you don't like it, what I will do???? With ebay if you don't like you will have the return policy and you can take back your money and they will send me back the car to me.
Please email me and let me know.
thank you.

if u bring the car here i will pay u £6000
----- Original Message -----
To: paul howard
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2006 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: gtr

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in my 1999 NISSAN SKYLINE R34 GTR 440BHP
First of all i want to let you know that this transaction will not go outside eBay!
The car looks exactly as pictured, has no mechanical flaws and I will agree selling it for 5000GBP with all the shipping taxes included in the price. I am willing to sell it fast, so get back to me only if you're ready to make this purchase. This is an UK car,clear title and owner manuals.
I am passing through some family problems and I am relocated in Zagreb, Croatia where my parents live. The car is here as well. I am looking to sell it fast so if you are interested get back with me. I wanted to sell it here but, no way because the car is still registered in UK.
The payment will be handled by eBay International Trading, a third party company that will act as a middle man in this transaction. They will secure your payment until you receive and inspect the car.Upon your confirmation, they will release my payment. That's fair for both of us since you get to see the car before releasing the payment and I am sure I'll receive my payment afterwards.
Shipping will be handled on my expense with DAS. The car will be delivered in 4 days tops.
If you're willing to make this purchase, send me your ebay ID, name and address so I can start the process with eBay and also prepare the car for shipping. eBay will send you the invoice and payment instructions.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Cheers!!!

buy now 5000 pounds?

·
Registered
98 Posts
just sent the seller a message to see if its for real!!!??!!!???!!!??
if so im gonna have it, and im gonna pick it up in my millenium falken which has 12,000,000 bhp at the thrusters!!!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
scam alert ! Beware of off-eBay transactions!Real transactions on eBay go like this:

1. buyer sees an auction listing
2. buyer bids on the item
3. buyer wins item
4. buyer's name appears as winner on auction listing on eBay
5. item number appears in "items won" in buyer's My eBay
6. seller sends an invoice
7. buyer pays
8. seller ships item

Beware of sellers who

* want to negotiate via email
* request Western union cash transfer
* claim the sale will go through :
Square Trade, eBay International Trading, eBay warehouse, eBay Transaction Office, eBay Security Center, Square Trade Seal Program, Secure Trade, eBay Safety Board, Safe Harbor, Trade Secure Division, eBay Payment Center, eBay Transactions, eBay International Safety etc etc

Did a quick search and got the above....

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
There are so many of these now. I have had my ebay account taken over twice in the last couple of months, firstly to advertise an SLK and then a Goldwing, both with stupidly low "buy it nows" :(

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
had the same thing happen to me, i was advertising a Projector apparently. i had to e mail everyone bidding on it that i didint actualy have it, i even got negative feadback from the person who won the thing.
nasty little buggers.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I'm struggling not to shout about this, but...

An 440BHP R34 GTR for £5000.

What could possibly lead you to think it was anything BUT a scam?

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
It'd work better if people had to surrender what they're selling to e-bay prior to auction. Otherwise, how the fiddle do you know they won't take the money and run?

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
It says it has been serviced by Middlehurst and Abbey...............ask them if they have serviced this car? If they have, why is the car abroad?

·
6,817 Posts
:popcorn:

If some one get's a GTR34 on Egay for less then 30K, buy one for me too.:chuckle:

·
Hawaii-5-0
1,817 Posts
scam

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
EASY, just don't do e-bay !!!! It's all a computerised SCAM !!!
Go back to good old fashioned tyre kicking visits and cash haggling !!! That way you know what you are looking at, test driving, and BUYING!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts