GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
£7500 overall package

Looking for some suggestions on what to spend the money on have 09 completely standard.

Looking for the best balance of upgrades at the minute the only thing that's a must is the litchfield toe links.

Not looking for the most power whilst overlooking other areas also not interested in items that make the car look pretty that have no practical purpose.

Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked at power packages sly is just up the road was thinking stage 2 is the max power I'd want then not sure maybe circlips etc

·
Registered
330 Posts
Maybe stage 2 with Litchfield's suspension, you should see a big improvement from an 09 and you would save money on the fitting if you are getting the toe links at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Pads and Discs. Or Pads minimum.
Toe links

Then it depends if you want power, extra noise or both

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasn't really including pads and disc it this budget will get them when I decide what disc and will be done before anymore power

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
fair enough.

cant go wrong with the alcons or dba discs.

Im doing the toe links next time Im down at litchfields.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Litchfield stage 3 + Litchfield suspension package £7,321 including VAT and fitting :thumbsup:

Go stage 4 plus downpipes if you can at a later date for around 2k.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
not at this power level, if you are paranoid and want peace of mind then fine.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Sell the 09, and put the money towards an already modded one. You will save loads and get a better car.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Sell the 09, and put the money towards an already modded one. You will save loads and get a better car.
hmmmmm valid point.

And on the circlips front, its a peace of mind thing. I've been sunning stage 4 for a year, done plenty of launches, a sprint and trackdays

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I'd look at a Litchfield Stage 4 with downpipes and Litchfield Suspension and ask for a deal for a job lot :)

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Surprised no one has suggested some circlips or such like
That's because they are not needed until you get big power or start doing a lot of launching with a more moderately tuned car.

They just don't seem an issue on cars stage 4 or under.

People usually do them because they are scared of breaking the car.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
This is how I would spend the money, these are the prices the last time I checked (a while ago):-
K&N Panel filters - £100
Silenced YPipe - £500 (if you fancy being allowed to stay on a track, if you down care take out the silenced part)
Milltek downpipes - £600
Fuel injectors - £700 ??
ECUTek - £1500 ??

=£3400 on parts

+
AP Discs - £700
xxx Pads - dependent on driving style and car use - £400

=£1100
=£4500 (running total)

+
2012 suspension - I have done this and it makes quite a difference - £1200
ARBs - £500

=£1700
=£6200 (running total)

+
Take the missus for a weekend away ;) - £whatever is left.... might only be a meal out with fitting :(
Or upgrade the interior speakers (sub kit on forum is very good, speaker kit sounds rather good as well)

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Good advice above, ecutek is a lot less than £1500 though.

That's an essential though. Ecutek Motorsport rom with LTC and gearbox reflash. Stage 4, and then the handling mods. If you can find some 2011 onwards suspension then all the better.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts