GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seems to me that 0-60 is all about traction and launch, and 1/4 mile is hard to do in real world, so 0-100 seems the best real measure on the road.

The standard 2010 model hits 100 in approx 8.3, do we know the time for the 2011 model yet? Also I saw David's SVM EVO article 5.5 0-100 for the 900 bhp beastie which is amazing. What do people here think is realistic for Stage 1, Stage 2, custom tune, Y-Pipe , full exhaust etc ?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Seems to me that 0-60 is all about traction and launch, 1/4 hard to do in real world, so 0-100 seems the best real measure on the road.

The standard 2010 model hits 100 in approx 8.3, do we know the time for the 2011 model yet? Also I say David's SVM article 5.5 0-100 for the 900 bho beastie is amazing. What do people here think is realistic for Stage 1, Stage 2, custom tune, Y-Pipe , full exhaust etc ?
good question. Useful info for those in the mod market. btw has there been a poll anywhere for how many R35's have been modded and what type of mods basically had? (as per categories you've mentioned) search turns up lots of spam.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I did 0-103mph in 7.1sec last time I was at Santa Pod with approx 600bhp & 600lb/ft. Litchfield Stage2 custom tune (thumbs up Ecutek).

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well I did 0 to 100.17 in 7.15 at Santa Pod with just a GTC Cobb stage 2 tune, no Hardware changes, so :thumbsup: to the Cobb AP. ;)

Rich

·
Registered
938 Posts
i think car and driver got 0-100 in 7.8 with a standard car and 3.3 0-60 and 3.0 30-70.
That was an early car with the original launch control

·
Registered
262 Posts
GTR vs Scuderia - result.

In response to the 0-100 post a 430 scuderia is "supposed" to hit 100 in 7.1 seconds. Just got back from my driving holiday and happy to say that my car (with custom Cobb tune any y pipe) was quicker to 100. We had 3 blasts out of peage's and the scuderia could not match the traction or faster gear change in the GTR, and I pulled away in front every time. We also had a second gear start and from 30 to very naughty numbers I made approximately 100yds on him and he was in my slipstream !! Having said that and to be honest once we got to 3 figs and above, there was nothing in it, he certainly wasn't catching me up though. I think 7.1 is very optimistic for the scud but mine must be in the 7's.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In response to the 0-100 post a 430 scuderia is "supposed" to hit 100 in 7.1 seconds. Just got back from my driving holiday and happy to say that my car (with custom Cobb tune any y pipe) was quicker to 100. We had 3 blasts out of peage's and the scuderia could not match the traction or faster gear change in the GTR, and I pulled away in front every time. We also had a second gear start and from 30 to very naughty numbers I made approximately 100yds on him and he was in my slipstream !! Having said that and to be honest once we got to 3 figs and above, there was nothing in it, he certainly wasn't catching me up though. I think 7.1 is very optimistic for the scud but mine must be in the 7's.
Good result .. and how much did the 430 scud's cost ? :clap:

·
Registered
522 Posts
As we suspected, I bet he was a bit miffed! In perfect conditions with the perfect driver perhaps the Scud do those figures but your R35 will do that all day long. Brilliant :clap:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
29 Posts
You just have to look at time slips of 1/4 runs.
A new stock 2011 model does 11.1 1/4 at around 122mph or very close to it.
If you look at a drag slip it will show at 1/8 mile around 97 mph in 7.0 seconds or very close to it.
If you were to take over 8 seconds to get to 1/8 you would have a 1/4 in well over 12 seconds, which is way out of ballpark for a GTR.
Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts