GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning gents,
i am almost scared to post this as i don`t want to start another political debate so please, can everyone just forget the previous arguments and stick to the topic.
I believe Keith Cowie was having a crack at this record the weekend just gone past, does anybody know how he got on?
Also, i seem to be out of touch but has Keith managed any scary fast runs this year over the quarter, new records etc?
jas

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I wasn't 100% sure on this, but didn't Heat Treatment world record of 7.5ish quarter mile finish with a trap speed in excess of 300kph?

I am pretty sure thats what I saw on the board with the 2 tire mark on the ground.

If that is the case, that will make heat treatment Skyline the fastest to 0-300 kph also, but that is on a preped track on slick.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, i saw that post too but like i say, i seem to remember a link to a magazine article / website that announced he was trying for the record last weekend?

·
Registered
292 Posts
The Veilside record is on street tyres - 13.0s.
Yeah that's what i know. The Veilside BNR32 did that in 13.72 seconds on street tyres. Not sure if anyone else passed that.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Heat treatments crossed the line at 308km/h i think. But that is not the same record.

Towards the end of last year Keith posted on a thread here with comments of a comparative acceleration times between his (old) car and the Veilside car. It seemed that his car was fractionally quicker at some point but i can't remember what the reference distance was.

But then the car broke and they decided to go for the OSGiken setup. Last i heard a water pump let go on the OSG while prepping for the 0-300. Then rebuild but not sure where it is at now.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Keith has been pretty busy of late, but I know the 0 to 300 run is still on his to do list.

I think the tyres used are important and do not think slicks are alowed.

You'll just have to keep your eyes peeled as a little birdie tells me that he might be out to play again soon.

Since he cant post on here anymore, I will keep you informed on how Keith gets on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts