GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I managed to get a friend to join in my 0-60 mph challenge with his GTR....check out the video here!:

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Wouldn’t manufacturer be using launch control? Which makes a very big difference for 60ft and 0-60 mph

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes they would...But i like seeing the 0-60 runs without LC... off topic: I've got over 6k on my 50th and have yet to enage LC...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed, but the owner didnt want to use it and I respect that! Im open to someone else who owns one to bring it along to try to top the leaderboard!!

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Looking back through past magazine road test reviews and various YouTube vids I can probably count on one hand the amount of tested stock GT-Rs that could even get into the very low 3s, let alone below 3. I've never thought Nissan's figures were realistic, just clever marketing at the time to show "progress" year on year (and yes I know later cars are faster than earlier cars, we can all turn up the boost....).

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I also think traction can be the biggest limiting factor for 4.25's that make them slower to 60 than stock, but once into 3rd I find they can easily pull away from stock and once in 4th they pull well. Half a second quicker (easily) on the quarter mile I reckon, even if slower to 60. That would be a good test - blast up to 130mph plus (y)

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Yes, I know and understand why you've done that. But for years people have been testing 0-60s as the benchmark and it's pretty outdated as a means of seeing which cars are truly quick when they are "on it" e.g. I remember when my Punto HGT could do 0-60 in about 8.5secs. Similar to my friends cars at the time (various hot hatches) but keep them going when they get past 60 and you got a very different picture. Punto HGT takes almost 20secs to go from 60 to 100, other hot hatches were around 15. World of difference....

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Yes rollout is good as it takes the traction control out of it more. Yep the biggest issue I had was getting that traction right, to put in 2.7’s or less with 1ft roll out. Most of the big power ones can do under 2s.
so back to OP what I was saying, is the difference on the chart as ’being the furthest out from manufacturer claims..’ <— as if they hadn’t used LC too, would be more close if it had been compared LC with LC :). That’s all. Yes I understand owner doesn’t want to launch that’s fine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Wouldn’t manufacturer be using launch control? Which makes a very big difference for 60ft and 0-60 mph
Yes they would most defniatly. It was never get anywhere near under 3 secs without a hard launch. Just seemed a massive delay at the start as well.

·
Registered
2016 Recaro, Stage 4, Titan GTC
11 Posts
When attempting this, is it best to leave the car in auto mode, or manual?

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
When attempting this, is it best to leave the car in auto mode, or manual?
Auto (r) so you can fully concentrate on keeping the car straight. I find that I need to engage the racerom on traction control as Nissan cuts in too often. So traction control off (if you have ecutek mapping). Then set suspension to comfort to allow the car to squat a bit and get traction on take off. Best settings for launch control is not to launch with rpm to high to minimise wheel spin. I find 2700 -3200 best and boost offline as low as possible like 0.5 - 0.7 bar.

again it all depends if you can set your boost in 1st and 2nd gear (as that’s where 0-60 lives), etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts