GTR Forum banner

0-60mph in 1 second with a RB

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  R.I.P.S NZ 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Excellent stuff Rob. Also watched your RIPS Promo vid you have on there too.....stunning :thumbsup:

Your a legend..

TT

#19 ·
i wonder if there is a calculator on google to work out what g-force rob would be undergoing? 1 would think about 4gs?

there is a simple formula but i cant recall my high school days in physics

i remember yrs ago hearing about an old man who always wanted to run a drag car, his wish was granted and it killed him as both of his eye sockets collapsed into his head

#21 · (Edited)
Its an average of 2.75gs when you 60ft in 1.19 seconds (0-116kph in 1.19). we have done a best of 1.14 now which is 0-75mph in 1.14sec or average of 3g.

V=137.5
_______ = 116kph

V=137.5
_______ kph
t

a=38.2
______ ms-2

t2

a= 3.9
_____ g
t2

Pulling 2 x 220mph chutes at 160mph felt FAR more agressive than the launch, more like 4-5g neg I'd say, I have since made it so I can pull just the one chute with the other as a backup as its common for the top guys, especially when they get older, to have their retena's rip off their eye's under braking.

Rob

#22 ·
A TV crew last weekend had one on the car on a 8.0 run which had a crap launch due to the trans problems.

I "had" a race car camera in/on the 240z but after one run it came off and we never found it.

Rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.