GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I'm looking at putting a Bosch 044 pump into my R33 GTR prior to getting the PFC installed and tuned (044's are going cheap atm). I'm trying to figure out if I should replace the standard pump with the 044 or use the standard pump as a lift pump directly into the 044 mounted in the boot (which means I can mount it externally and not faff around with modifying the cradle etc etc)

Logic tells me the latter option won't work as the standard pump won't be able to feed enough flow to the 044. However, logic also suggests that as the factory pump is now providing flow not pressure, it could well work....

I do not want to run a swirl pot (as I like my boot space as it is!)

btw, I've already bypassed the FPC, and in the latter scenario, I'd run both pumps off the same relay (unless someone can tell me how much current a standard pump and an 044 draw?)

Discuss.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I too am interested in this scenario as I already have an upgraded pump in tank but with the new 2.8 stroker, the pump is maxed out and unable to provide enough fuel to the 700cc injectors at high revs on its own.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
PM Glenn
He has a simelar setup but with a std pump in-tank and a swirlpot with 2 044 Bosch pumps to the fuelrail if I remember correctly ;)

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I only run 1 044 but tbh its probably close to maxed out on the track (670hp)
If I get back to the goddy for more development work, it will need another (so 2 044's)
Gary's rebuilt and retuned engine ran out of fuel at high 400wkws, so he added an additional 044pump and also required a new return line (runs the factory return as a supply)
His is an R33 with a very compact surge tank in the r/r boot.
Still plenty of room.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
No he has it in the right hand side looking into the boot from the back of the car.
its about 100mm diameter and about 300 tall.
Man up and do it :)
you loose sweet fa of the boot if you put it in the right place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts