GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I have just come across a Fast Car Magazine from last December(Found guilty of reading such Crap!!). And in there was a Guy called Sac Nana, He has a 1,000 bhp R33 from Option Motorsport, I am not sure if this guy owns or works for them , but just wondered if anyone knows him, as I havent seen his name on these threads. Also I haven't seen his details on any Dyno runs from the past. So would be interesting to see if this is legit!!. Any answers on a post card please to the usual address!!!!.

PaulP.

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts
Paul,

Just like to back Dave up here. Nana is one of the most knowlegeable and enthusiastic
people I have met when it cones to tuning cars, and more importantly Skylines.

I have known him quite well now for the last 3 years, and have in that time watched his car
grow and develope. Althought I have been out in it on the track in 650bhp guise,
that was some time ago before he installed the single turbo.

Unfortunatly Nana likes tinkering, and so it has spent little time in one piece.
The car has not been on the Dyno in the current state of tune, but the figure is
expected to be very high. Weather or not in 4 figures, even Nana wouldn't like to say.

The car was taken apart straight after that article was written, and due to work load,
I believe its still in bits.

BUT it will be back, and one day on the rollers to make it mark on the UK Skyline scene.:D

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
thanx scott

Did not put much as I only have met him twice. Nice bloke but I was annoyed by Fast car article as he sounds like he effs and blinds in normal conversation which of course is not true.
Dave

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Back before I was educated to the ways of real performance vehicles (thansk evo) and given any sense of taste I attended one of the Max Power exhibitions of filthm and amongst the dirt was a small oriental guy standing next to a very nice white R33 skyline with a nitrous system fitted in the boot and I went over to cat to him, and I later realised that was Nana anmd since then I have been a skyline fan. hes a really nice bloke.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1,000bhp Skyline

Why.oh Why, do magazines have to write such crap?, Does it really sell magazines by putting in 'F' words?, I must admit I don't really read Fast Cars, Max Power,Revs and Redline, Because they write such dribble. But If they interview people and their cars(Who I am sure feel passionate about there cars) Why do they feel they have to but in the odd F**k word and afew others to mention, When it makes them sound so degraded. It sure as hell beats me why they do it. But I guess its not aimed at the likes of me. It just goes to show that the press can print what they like, whether it's the truth or not.

PaulP.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Mags

Gotta agree with you their Paul.

I never buy them either as they are so full of old tosh. I mean it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to work out that an RB26 cant make 1000bhp with that particular HKS Single and all the swearing and poor information these mags give out appeals to people with limited knowledge of cars in general. This isn't to say the readers are idiots, far from it, but these particular mags are to me just shelf fillers for the publishers. And not very good ones at that.

Right well thats me Saturday morning moan done then :D . Off shopping now.

glen

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Had BIG fun

Hi Joss.

Yeah got some lovely glass snack trays that are odd shapes, a few sets of curtains, picked out some new carpet, cloth table mats and thats about it. Wanted to buy a new kettle for the new apartment but we didn't get one as we couldn't agree. She wanted Chrome and I wanted White. Phew I don't know how do we put up with 'em.

Had a nice lunch in Frankie & Bennies though. At least I can pick me own food without contradiction :D .

How did the Duvet hunt go :D .

glen

·
Registered
248 Posts
Been in this car myself Kiki has worked alot on my car, the man is an artist I'll post pics of his engine bay if requested I belive in current guise its something like 916bhp on full boost.

Excellent mechanics one of which spen 6 years with HKS in Jap so I am told. They are very very very expensive though. Oh and keep your car for a long time. No the less very good people with awesome contacts.

SJD

A Skyline will be mine soon

·
Registered
666 Posts
Indeed Guy.
Nana is a very nice bloke but without correct provenance these power figures are pure fantasy.
It is really down to Nana to put this one to rest.
If he can bolt his car together for Dyno Day 3 and TJ's are up for it I will sacrifice my place for him.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Must I admit I haven't seen his dyno read out but this his is engine bay drool drool:

I went in Spudguns at the weekend dynod at 550hp and it felt 300 horse quicker ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Crap Mags...

Just wanted to vent my anger and back up the comments posted above - Why do these Fast Revs Max Bollox magazines have to print such crap?

A) Why do they so obviously modify the article to read in some pseudo street style, more than likely omitting some more interested comments made by Sak Nana?

And…

B) What is this bloody obsession with 1000bhp??? As we all know this is nigh on impossible to achieve and even more difficult to measure. All it achieves is setting unrealistic benchmarks with in turn tend to devalue the real power figures of real cars measured on real calibrated benchmarked Dynos (Tuning Japanese).

And finally…

C) No idea about the oil catch tank breather? You're not supposed to get that much expansion are you?

Regards,

Rupert

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Good call Ru

and what is it with 1000 BHP?? This whole BHP chase is just crazy and each to their own.
I mean yours and rocket rons are approaching 700 BHP and that is just lightning quick. More than enough for anyone.
Have any of these fast car tits been out in a stage one GTR let alone a stage 2 with turbos and Cams like Guys or Spuds, and then there is the big ones like yours, Ron's, Gary's and so on..
Answer is probably no I bet. and if they did I think their appraisal of the whole BHP scene would be different.
As Nana said in the mag...can I drive the car...no F off. would you trust them in it.
Personally I think skylines should have nothing to do with them and stick to the credible mags. Yeah respect where respect is due but it begins to take the piss when every plonker is trying to have a go at you.
I would rather it be more anonymous than some out and out target. There are quicker cars out there after all but as a package you can't beat it.

Did you see the Thames Valley meet later in march? Maybe yours will be ready and I did have a peak at Abbey on sat. V smooth.

Nick

·
Registered
710 Posts
Couple of things:

1) The picture is out of date as the R33 is running a T51R now; and

2) I find it difficult to believe that Kiki would quote an actually BHP figure for his car as he has no interest in rolling roads and is more interested on how the car drives. If pushed he will give an approximation at best; and

3) I wouldn't say that they are very expensive as they charge the going rate.

Talat.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts