GTR Forum banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'll dig this thread up as I'm quite interested to see if theres anymore info or time for the 1/4 mile using 'stock turbo's'.

Am I guessing right that steel internal standard turbo's do not count for this? And at the same time what other mods are allowed?

I have a 1/4 time in my R32 GTR with standard steel turbo's in low 12's. (I'll post info up soon) but the rear turbo let go while on the strip! I'll be fitting some R34 turbo's in the next month or so and I think I could run a low 11 with the right launch!

Basically I ran either a 12.06s or a 12.20s with a 60ft of 2.12s or 2.40s (had a very close race with a nitrosed AX!). Now, I bogged on this run as the 60ft suggests, my other runs where 1.8s 60ft dead from memory but I was blowing my IC pipework off so didn't get a clean run.

Another rule of thumb is that for every 0.1s quick at the 60ft you will be o.2s quicker over the 1/4 mile. So in theory if I ran the 2.4s 60ft an do the maths to running a 1.8s 60ft, I could run a very low 11s 1/4 mile.

Anyway, I'm realy looking forward to getting the R32 back on the road, up a strip and on the track.

Baz

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Cliff ran a 11.76 I think might of been 11.74 in his white r33 on stock turbos.

Tib

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello people, first post :wavey: :popcorn:

I have since ran an 11.13 @ 123 mph with a 1.59 60', but the tuner played with boost controller and it wouldn't hold the 19psi on the scramble, so I have lost trap speed

changes, removed AC from fire wall forward ( stopped working so out it went), removed tar from flour ( 9kgs not worth the effort) and a set of toyo TQs, awsome tyres gave me an instant 1.59 60' times, acl big end bearings and a cosworth head gasket

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
19psi is pushing the stock turbos to a point i woulndt be comfortable with personally.

im off to the strip on the 26th and 27th this month so we will see what i run and i will post my results

tib

81 - 87 of 87 Posts