GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Great time Adam, right at the death as well mate, your car was running well.

Great weekend all round, and i am glad a Skyline got fastest time of the day.........

Regards

ScottyB

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
well done mate, great result for your car.

·
Registered
679 Posts
side step at 8000rpm and 15psi R888's hehe
lol sounds intresting lol

i do need better tyres than the 452s at 32psl lol but never launched that hard tryied the new carbon clutch to launch at 6 k and what a launch

compared to the hks tripple it was a nightmare and had to launch at 4k to save the box lol

you have given me a goal to beat for when i get the car back on the road after winter

·
Registered
679 Posts
hey adam not sure what my power was as the hypertech rollers didnt like my 33 lol

best was 11.510 @ 126 mph with a 2.001sec 60ft falken 452 tyres at 32psi 3/4 tank of petrol lol and launching like a ponce lol

yeah still a heavy car basicly full weight will have to get it on a weigh bridge to see what it is at some point

·
Premium Member
3,992 Posts
Well done, good time for a track car!!

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are the times vs the white 575bhp (at the wheels) R35 GTR

SCOTT BUCHAAN - R35 GTR
11.290 sec
0.332 sec
2.005 sec
127.8 mph
Left lane

ADAM KINDNESS - R32 GTR
11.028 sec
0.367 sec
1.682 sec
130.1 mph
Right lane

2nd place..... VERY close!!

JOHN HAINTON - R35 GTR
11.053 sec
0.521 sec
1.871 sec
128.9 mph
Right lane

3rd (i think)

COLIN ROSS - Impreza
11.199 sec
0.767 sec
1.772 sec
128.6 mph
Left lane

·
Registered
3 Posts
3rd (i think)

COLIN ROSS - Impreza
11.199 sec
0.767 sec
1.772 sec
128.6 mph
Left lane
That would be me.

Sunday was my third time ever on the strip and the last time was over three years ago so I was pretty chuffed with the results. I really struggled to launch it in the morning but started to find my groove after a burger and a strategy rethink. Unfortunately as the times started to fall my transmission gave out on me and I had to drive the worlds only front wheel drive sti home.

Was great to chat to all the GT-R guys. Some good banter mixed with some good excuses ;)

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That would be me.

Sunday was my third time ever on the strip and the last time was over three years ago so I was pretty chuffed with the results. I really struggled to launch it in the morning but started to find my groove after a burger and a strategy rethink. Unfortunately as the times started to fall my transmission gave out on me and I had to drive the worlds only front wheel drive sti home.

Was great to chat to all the GT-R guys. Some good banter mixed with some good excuses ;)
hey hey hey... there was no excuses from me! :p

I did hear the R35 guys mentioning a few issues with warnings putting the car into limp home mode.

Was it you that I was up against when we both bogged off the line? You just eased off but I went for it anyway.

It wasnt my first time at the strip, but first time in 3 years, and first time with a car like that... LOL

Is you car stripped, or just running very healthy power?!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes Adam, that was me.

Unfortunately I didn't have much choice with easing off as that was the run that blew my diff. I'd seen your times improving and reckoned with a decent launch I had half a chance but it was not to be.

The car isn't stripped at all. Full, original interior, sound deadening, stereo, glove box full of crap etc.

You gtr guys seem to be obsessed about how much power a car makes. Everyone I spoke to asked that question in the first 3 seconds. I've no idea btw.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts