GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I

Really really want my promised free copy, havent got it yet???!

I blew a gearbox and busted me side skirts for that video and I aint even got my copy yet!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dirk
i dont think i had an address for you mate, if you could email me direct please.
I also have Talat's name down and no address for him either, so if he reads this please also get in touch.
[email protected]

the website is updated now, online oredring is hopefully live tonight, and details are also on there for postal/phone orders.

rgds
chris

·
Registered
97 Posts
juz paid for my TOTB on the net......

how long does it take to get to me?

coz i cant wait!

paid for the DVD one so i hope i will enjoy every second from it!

2nd item on my list :- top DVD player
3rd :- best sound system
4th :- nice sofa
5th :- 2 case of beer
oh and cant forget this one! 6th :- biggest flat screen TV i can get

hehehe:D :D

LL

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just saw it at my mates house.... WOW! I knew skylines were the don, but Je-sus!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know Ronnie (haven't met him - uncle of my good mate y'see) and seen his other Skyline (silver R34) at Trax...

Spotted some other motors on the vid - one with HKS all down the side (Dirk?) and one with the reg: T9 KYO (is that Tokyo's?)

CheeRS

Matt

·
Registered
102 Posts
And that guy with the white MG Turbo is in the 200+ club with my mate Brett too..... Fap me that's seriously rapid!!!!

CheeRS

Matt

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
And that guy with the white MG Turbo is in the 200+ club with my mate Brett too..... Fap me that's seriously rapid!!!!
That Maestro?

What on Earth is in that thing? How much power is it putting out? You never expect someone to make a performance car out of a Maestro but that think kicked some serious ass.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Dvds and Vids will be sent out this weekend for the first batch of orders. hope u enjoy!!!

the maestro T16 is a car i help out on with Andy Nicholls. its 2.1litre , T3-4 turbo, DTA, cams, headwork, intercooler, chargecooler, water inj. currently making approx 350-370bhp and 370ft/lb. andy does all the build work and i have fitted the mappable DTA and other electronics stuff. (boost control, a/f meter, knock, etc etc)

its just done 12.2s 118mph 1/4 mile. won USC for the last 3 yrs on the 2wd class,

disregarding the launch due to fwd, its as quick once rolling as most cars u will see.
0-100mph is under 9s
(ie its doing 94mph at the 1/8th mile in 8.1s at Pod) with a 2.1s 0-60ft time!!!!!!!!
most good 4wd will do 1.7s 0-60ft.

we seriously wanted to win the fwd class of Ten of the best which we managed quite easily, getting to the overall 500m drag final was a bonus! ronnie smoked him in the end but andys best run of the day was 13.9s which compares better than about 75% of the field and in same ballpark as some of the big power skylines. he was chuffed to say the least!

its just built for fun and to advertise his engine building /car prep work for the Rover lads.
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
chris

is right that meastro is one quick mother....
but I would imagine he has had to get his rent out big time chris to get it to there.
But still a solid effort and like I say to my mate who is a biker and always goes on about value for money...
It is 1.5 tonnes of metal, it catches bikes and beats them, ok it costs but it is still a feat of engineering...is the GTR!.
NLW

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
chris

someone in the 200 plus club organisation works for a furniture shop in tottenham court road.

do you know his name cos its bugging me.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Chris - is that Maestro using an Austin Rover engine? I didn't know that Maestros ever had a twin cam motor (and you did say "cams", ie plural).

·
Registered
238 Posts
22b - thats probably jason Barnard. he is a club member.

just for info to those interested , the maestro is a rover own 2 litre 16v twin cam, for historians amongst you you will have seen the same 2 litre bottom end in the following (notable!) vehicles:
princess, sherpa, maestro, etc etc! lol. that was in 8 valve single cam form.

its a 30 yr old design. the 16 valve head and a major rework happened when honda took over Rover. the 2 litre T16 as it was known was in the tomcat series coupes, 420, 620 and 820 cars. in turbo form as std it made 197bhp. all the above range had turbo versions.

to make a reliable 250+ bhp needs forged pistons and rods, which we did. to get 350+bhp its had some serious money put into the engine. the turbo is a full roller bearing and its now running solid lifters and pretty big spec cams.
DTA management with launch control, full throttle shifts and 24psi boost.

my own coupe turbo has a slightly lesser spec engine build but DTA again and is making about 230-240bhp on 14psi boost. nice enough for fwd road car use.

i'd like to offer out a passenger ride in the Maestro if we can fit it in, if anybody wants a go at elvington on oct 27th in it, andy will be there, its certainly different! lol
rgds

·
Registered
45 Posts
yeah ...ive just seen the dvd too, bought it from Donny in the park last weekend, what a quality peice of viewing material it is too. Respect is due to all who qualified for the finals especially the MG. But to say all (or most) of the 'lines were left standing after such brutle treatment and all those other cars up there with them in the early rounds limped home is yet more proof of the daddie-ness of these motors........

Keith

·
Registered
238 Posts
yeah, the skylines were very impressive all round, and certainly made a lot of people lust after one!
me included!
rgds
chris m

1 - 18 of 18 Posts