GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris from the 200+ Club has posted about the Rules

As a good few people asked , basic info (all entrants will receive some stuff shortly in post)

Road legal cars only
road legal tyres, e marked,NO FULL SLICKS
any fuel or additives ok
nitrous ok
ANY MODS allowed obviously!
we dont mind if cars are trailered, although driven to the event would be better! but all cars will be scrutineered. its for road cars, not slick specials.

support vehicles will be ok, but will have to park in main car parking area right next to where competitors will queue /drive past
support crew will have to pay entry, as will passengers in competing cars.

all the above shouldnt be a prob i expect, email me if it is

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow On

due to the fact we are having head to head drag runs, spectating, and a seperate queue for the handling circuit, the main first bend cannot be used to generate speed before entering the main runway. however we will have a top speed trap at 1.3miles away. into a headwind recently a tuned skyline did 162mph at that distance.

we are timing at 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile and top speed. their will only be one car doing the full runway for top speed, the other lane will be turned off after the head to head section.

we will run a genuine top speed only event later, with the full 2 mile runway and entry bend, where you can get at least 60mph up before entering the trap to start timing.
details later on that, but it would preclude any other tests being done at the same event.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Trailered

Mmmmm seems a bit unfair. But then again some unscrupulous person could always park 1/2 mile down the road and drive in :D .

Oh well takes a dodgy mind to know one I suppose :rolleyes: .

glen

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SkyRocket

We should all hide in that Gazebo you have, that should do the trick:p

I wondered why SkyRocket bought a 34 is it getting painted, or rather does it start as a 33 and turn into a 34 at the end;)

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Update

It is now not going to be 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

The timed parts are now going to be 0-500 metres a Circuit/Lap and fastest speed 0-1.2 or 1.3 miles.

glen

ps. have ordered a 1/4 Trophy as well. Damn.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
10 of the Best

Reason for 500m is that it's certified distance apparently (Guinness etc), will the 2wd cars a bit of time to catch up as well......

I am also pushing for a longer run at the end of the day, using the full runway length, for the 10 best cars on the day, but we will have to see how that goes.

Guy

·
Registered
238 Posts
hi all
just a brief summary of a few changes:
original plan was 1/2 mile head to head, not 1/4s. this wa sa request from majority of 2wd cars to "even "up the 4wd advantage. it also made sense that 1/4 mile isnt a true test of straightline power etc.
we did a couple of test days, and found that to accomodate a public start area, where we can safely manage spectators, we are about 50m or so into the runway, rather than using the bend.
this then left the 1/2 mile finish at or after the return road turn off for one of the lanes. this would have meant leaving two cars side by side on the one runway at something like 160-170+mph, braking together and turning into last bend..
not ideal.!
therfore we have decided to run the 500m distance (approx 270-300ft longer than 1/4 mile) (sorry if maths out!)
this gives a fair distance, and more speed to the head to head runs, while still allowing braking for one car to leave the runway to allow single car top speed trap run form the other lane.

as Guy has mentioned, we will try and accomodate the last few runs with a flyer, ie one car at a time, using the start bend, and the full 2 miles.(incl braking)

this may only be poss after the head to head final and trohpy presentation tho. i have to get agrrement of the timing gear company i'm hiring from, plus move spectators along and away.
it would be nice tho to see some full top speed runs.

as it stands, i estimate a fair few cars will crack 170+ in the given distance anyway!
all info to be sent out next week to all entrants BTW
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
1/4 miles

Oi Chris I've got an email from you stating 1/4 miles would be included :) .

If I can't get another one in time Guys and Gals for the 500m then whoever wins it will have to have the 1/4 mile one for a little while until the 500m one comes through :) .

glen

·
Registered
238 Posts
spectators welcome, 10am entry, £8 on gate.
its only being advertised on the net on the groups taking part.
please register though on our website to give us an idea of numbers, thanks.
http://www.trackdayplus.com

Glen
yeah, i do apologise over that, it was working out a nightmare trying to run 1/4, 1/2 and top speed times all on one run, plus aforementioned safety probs.
500m it is! let me know if you require a replacement trophy, or cost of replacing the one you had etched.

finally, latest entrant today is the Norris Evo 587bhp, should be a good test for you all!
rgds
chris m

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Watcha Chris

Don't worry about the costs mate as you've got enough on your plate as it is organising the whole thing :) .

I was only covering myself incase I can't get the other Trophy through in time. Things change but it's just a shame it got dropped on you at the last minute.

Nice one getting the Norris EVO by the way. Looks like you've got a blindin turn out and can't wait.

Bye for now.

glen

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Hope to be able to come along to watch this, as it sounds like a top day.

Cheers,
Daz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts