GTR Forum banner
201 - 220 of 300 Posts
Discussion starter · #202 ·

Tripped over 150,000 miles last week.

Still reliable, has never left me stranded anywhere

Original OEM gearbox, shocks, and all of the exhaust except the y pipe

Bit of a "chirp" between 2nd and 3rd, been around for the last 40k miles, getting worse

A couple of the LEDS still work in instrument cluster

Paint bubbling again on one of the doorhandles (bodyshop man has done a runner)

Needs a service (again)

That's it....

I've been using the valuation on autotrader, just as a constant, so the current numbers are....

Total Maintenance costs: £29845

Total Tyre costs: £7896

So, having done 150,000 miles in 8 years 4 months, an average of 18,000 miles/year:

Total service, maintenance and tyre costs: £37743

Original Cost: £52,345. Current part-ex value: £21,380. Total Depreciation: £30965

Total annual costs including maintenance, repairs, tyres and depreciation: £8244, or 45.8p per mile

Been moving house recently (Even further away from civilisation, so the mileage will only go up faster from now on!) and haven't washed it recently - will do soon and get some pics up soon

Guy

Bit of a "chirp" between 2nd and 3rd, been around for the last 40k miles, getting worse
I've been using the valuation on autotrader, just as a constant, so the current numbers are....
Original Cost: £52,345. Current part-ex value: £21,380. Total Depreciation: £30965

150k miles, Impressive! makes my 60k'er seem like a puppy! haha

Ok so chirp I wonder if that could be the clutch? I remember when my clutch was going, due to aggressive incline cold starts, which we didnt know was the case at 1st.. anyhow the clutch would feel like it jumps out of gear for a split second, then revs would drop slightly and it would be back, kinda chirpy.

Also Original Cost: £52,345. Current part-ex value: £21,380. so what would resale value be I wonder? private and from a dealer?.....

Discussion starter · #205 ·
No noticeable change to the engine.

Don't think it's the clutch. The "chirp" has been there when cold for ages, and is now there as it gets up to full temperature. No detectable clutch slip.

Autotrader says Private price guide £22590. Not too sure of that - I just chose to use it so we could compare it over a few years. Not too interested in whether it's right. I think if you advertised any GTR with FSH for that price, irrespective of mileage, your phone would melt.

Total Tyre costs: £7896

Guy
Good work!

But your tyre costs always amaze me, I spend 1k every 9k miles on tyres, it's my 2nd biggest expense after petrol.

Your tyre costs would only cover me for 72k miles, you've done more than double that, so you must have a very very light right foot :)

Do you know what your average MPG is? My long term average is around 16/17 mpg which I think is reasonable for the performance, I would guess yours is around 23/24?

Do you drive the car in Auto mostly?

Discussion starter · #207 ·
Hi

I was getting 8-9k miles out of the original runflats and everything else I tried other than MPSS and Blizzaks, which seem to last about double. It's possible I've missed the costs of one or two sets as I usually do updates at service time, and tyres come in between!

Average MPG is between 20-21. Car is driven in auto mostly, and sits on a lot of motorways.

Some pictures?.....here you go....

Couple of general paintwork ones - no-one has ever washed the car except me - always use a lambswool mitt - virtually scratch free throughout....

It's just ticked over 107,000

What a thread and a half!!! When you wash it do you always go left to right with your mitt (rather than a circular motion)? Any other tips to reduce swirl marks?

Not been on the forum in a while and this is a great read! My car is ~97,000 miles at the moment and climbing. Would be good to do 100K in it!

I too have had mine from new in April 2010 and have done all the miles myself. Was stock for 1.5 years then went to stage 1. After another 1.5 years went to 4.25 ( around 2013) and has been at that level since.

Only bad news is that its up for sale at the moment:bawling:

Took it for its last service end of last year as I did 6000 miles in less than 3 months - lives on the motorway!

Discussion starter · #215 ·
152,271 miles

Just before Christmas I did a few quite long journeys where the car would go into limp home mode close to the end of the journey, usually in slow traffic. Once I'd left it for a couple of hours it would start fine.

Then over the course of a couple of weeks the distance I could drive before going into limp home reduced to....about 3 miles. I was booked in for a service at Litchfileds, but it ended up being trailered there.

Once the chaps removed the undertray they condemned the rear subframe.

So while I hunted down a replacement subframe (£350 from ebay) they took out the gearbox, replaced a faulty pressure sensor and a whole load of other rusty bracketry and did a 24k service

Total cost £3636.11

So, having done 152,271 miles in 8 years 6 months, an average of 17,914 miles/year:

Total service, maintenance and tyre costs: £41370

Original Cost: £52,345. Current part-ex value: £21,210. Total Depreciation: £31,135

Total annual costs including maintenance, repairs, tyres and depreciation: £8530, or 47.6p per mile

Done a couple thousand more miles since and it's back in good form

Once the chaps removed the undertray they condemned the rear subframe.
Why was that not picked up on previous services? As surely it would take a good while for it to get to that state!

SUB FRAME

why was that not picked up on previous services? As surely it would take a good while for it to get to that state!
i was thinking the same,that does not happen overnight,the salt on the roads must be severe.. When i had my pans down i did notice slight surface corrosion at the above and i sprayed them with dinitrol 30, must have a check on them again

201 - 220 of 300 Posts