GTR Forum banner

221 - 240 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts

Tripped over 150,000 miles last week.

Still reliable, has never left me stranded anywhere

Original OEM gearbox, shocks, and all of the exhaust except the y pipe

Bit of a "chirp" between 2nd and 3rd, been around for the last 40k miles, getting worse

A couple of the LEDS still work in instrument cluster

Paint bubbling again on one of the doorhandles (bodyshop man has done a runner)

Needs a service (again)

That's it....

I've been using the valuation on autotrader, just as a constant, so the current numbers are....

Total Maintenance costs: £29845

Total Tyre costs: £7896

So, having done 150,000 miles in 8 years 4 months, an average of 18,000 miles/year:

Total service, maintenance and tyre costs: £37743

Original Cost: £52,345. Current part-ex value: £21,380. Total Depreciation: £30965

Total annual costs including maintenance, repairs, tyres and depreciation: £8244, or 45.8p per mile

Been moving house recently (Even further away from civilisation, so the mileage will only go up faster from now on!) and haven't washed it recently - will do soon and get some pics up soon

Guy
Wow! I was worried about hitting 27k miles :thumbsup:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
As of this evening, 157,894 miles

Had an MOT last week - needed front pads, one sidelight and both indicator bulbs

The MFD has stopped working. Checked the fuses - OK. Will go and see Andy to get it checked out soon

Battery died a couple of months ago (car is now nearly nine years old, that was the second one)

Just about all the smd leds in the dash binnacle have given up the ghost

Paint by the window switches looks sh*t

Paint has started bubbling near driver's doorhandle again

Had this done a few years ago, but the bloke has done a runner....

Have moved to the coast so the car is constantly covered in seagull sh*t

(Got planning app in to build a garage)

Apart from that, "she's running like a dream" haha

Odd - inserted images don't seem to work today - here's some links to the pics if you can't see them

http://i66.tinypic.com/2laeow1.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/jqhnk9.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/wrdojn.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/148du6f.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts
Save me the effort of reading all 12 pages. Have you or anyone else on here had to replace the cam chain? I understand this is advisable around the 100k mark.
:middlefinger-smiley lazy ass!! get reading and its actually a good read this thread, as guyblue has updates all thru... including the items that you're after.. and also other info that one would find interesting as well!

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
You cant exactly pull a figure out the air though, I've heard of some people needing them done as low as 40k and others who at 80k looks good as new.

It depends on a variety of factors as to when you personally will need it done. I guess 100k is a good arbitrary time to have it checked if not previously.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great breakdown of costs and reliability....i managed 20.000 miles out of a set of Bridgestone run flats...is that sad ?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Great breakdown of costs and reliability....i managed 20.000 miles out of a set of Bridgestone run flats...is that sad ?
Same here. I got 31,000 on the first set of MPSSs and 21,000 on the current ones and still going. Baffles me how you can destroy a set of tyres in 9,000 miles or 1.5 oil change intervals unless there's a lot of track time.

·
Premium Member
5,798 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Make me laugh people try and buy cars with less than 30k on as they think its going to blow up.
Look after the car and service it and it will do high mileage with no issues
Wicked thread,, I just bought a 2014 GTR,, I’m planning on keeping ,, it’s probably my last car I’m buying,, so lots of maintaining I’ll be doing ,, so this thread will help me out ,, I’m only at the 2nd page I got to start reading

221 - 240 of 265 Posts