GTR Forum banner
261 - 280 of 300 Posts
What an epic thread, just read it from start to finish, congrats to you Guy!

MY GTR's got 14k miles and I'll probably put around 8-10k a year on to reduce the mileage going on the Audis. That said and in reference to high performance cars and costs, my (6) RS6's have all been sold with a minimum 70k miles on and the last V10 went with 188k. All have been mapped / fettled and all got driven hard.

Never had a problem with bodywork however and never really relgiously washed them either. I put this down to road salt used in the winter, and me piling on 35-45k a year in miles; they haven't had time to rust!

I seriously can't imagine putting more than 10k a year on my GTR, simply not comfortable enough for 1000 miles drives in one hit!

Since I put up the 100K picture, I split an intercooler. The other one was a bit ropey as well so replaced them both. Also the exhaust. That got it through the MOT but within the year will need new discs all round and a new subframe, or would have if my mileage hadn’t gone down to about 40/week.

Yes to the question of keeping for life. Mine is a April 2009 car I have owned from new. Litchfield stage 2 installed when car was 2 years old but otherwise standard (apart from replacing runflats with michelin pilot sport 4s all round). Currently approaching 49,000 miles which have included two driving holidays in Germany and one trip from the UK to Poland and back. Hoping to keep the car for another 20 years at least,

Andrew

p.s. apart from the 6, 12 and 18 month services which were at Westway nissan in Oxford all servicing has been expertly done at Litchfields and I hope to stay with them for at least 20 years

Any updates, it's been 15 months.
Still got the car?

You have to get to 200k first then advertise it as the world record, most driven R35 in the world...

Seriously no idea on its value. Maybe worth advertising as a base car for a big power build.

Maybe worth advertising as a base car for a big power build.
Great idea, then the new owner could pull the engine apart to see what wear has occurred. I remember when they first announced the specs of the VR38, there seemed to be a bit of mistrust of the wear resistance of the plasma sprayed bore coating, as it was/is (from memory) only 0.1mm thick. That’s the thickness of a human hair which isn’t a great deal😳 When you think about it, there’s a lot of ordinary everyday cars that never hit this sort of mileage so it’s refreshing to hear of a performance car that has.

It would be good to see similar information in relation to modified examples and how they have managed over time with mileage, whilst having standard transmission/engine components.

If anyone has any references that would be great.

261 - 280 of 300 Posts