GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Super, informative post.
Regarding corrosion, has anybody carried out any aftermarket under body, cavity protection such as Dinitrol, Waxoyl etc? I have had Dinitrol on my Landcruiser and unfortunately its a bit messy :(
I will be keeping this car for as long as foreseeable. How durable is the factory anti corrosion?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I carried out underseal on mine at 28,000miles. All looked fine under there apart from some exposed bolts holding the diffusers (sp) They was showing some rust and could of easily snapped if any idiot tried to back them out.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I bought a my11 GTR with a litchfield stage 1. Is there any easy way to tell whether this was fitted with a res or non-res Y pipe? Or is it standardly fitted with one?

·
Premium Member
5,838 Posts
I bought a my11 GTR with a litchfield stage 1. Is there any easy way to tell whether this was fitted with a res or non-res Y pipe? Or is it standardly fitted with one?
yes look underneith

if it has a big silencer = resonated

if not = non resonated

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great info but what's the reason for the bubbles on paintwork?

Thanks for such useful information which is so reassuring having just bought my first GT-R (59 plate) a few weeks ago. Just wondered what the issue is with bubbling paintwork on a car that's only 5 years old?

Would be interested to know if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks

Hamster777

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is very encouraging for me having just bought my first GT-R (59) a few weeks ago.
However, I wonder what caused the bubbling paint? Also would really appreciate knowing if anyone else found this problem with a 5 year old car?

·
Registered
22 Posts
No - not selling! Just bought it and keeping for a long time. Would be interested to learn more about the bubbling paintwork mentioned by Guyblue10 in his very informative write-up. Would also appreciate knowing if anyone else has had such a problem and if so in what area?

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
No - not selling! Just bought it and keeping for a long time. Would be interested to learn more about the bubbling paintwork mentioned by Guyblue10 in his very informative write-up. Would also appreciate knowing if anyone else has had such a problem and if so in what area?
Have you started your own thread on it? If not then it's time to do so as this thread is about a specific subject, not the paint durability.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Thanks that would be great. It's a long way down from Northumberland but you never know!
Dude, unless your name also happens to be Guy, I think you'll find Litchfield's post was aimed at the OP to see how much power 100k miles has scrubbed off his engine:thumbsup:

41 - 60 of 267 Posts