GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Guyblue, I really like the debadged rear end, never seen that before, have seen the Nissan badge removed but never both badges, car looks great :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

110,000 miles

No more costs since last update. Rust spots getting worse. I think I can hear the bell housing (replaced at 65k with OEM) beginning to rattle again.

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
I agree...awesome thread!!!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts

This is in great shape for mileage.

Would love to see a Ferrari or similar with that mileage on for comparison.

·
Premium Member
5,826 Posts
This is in great shape for mileage.

Would love to see a Ferrari or similar with that mileage on for comparison.
not bad for a Datsun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's great to see someone using the car for the purpose it was designed - as a daily driver.

Shows durability up there with the best of them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is great to read. I've got a new job and have started putting down big miles and worrying about it, so worrying much less now. What's the deal on the service intervals though? I hadn't been doing much millage until recently so was doing every 6 months or so (MY09 model), but the boys at Litchfield got into a panic when they realized that I was over 6k miles since they'd last had it, so am racing up there shortly to do another service only 4 months after the last one. Should I stick to every 6k miles, or does this post prove that unnecessary...?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Really? Sounds odd - I thought they recommended every 9 or 10k for cars out of warranty, in line with the later cars standard service schedule.

I've been doing mine about every 10k but will probably reduce it a little to 8.5 or 9k as I see a regular (slight) drop in oil pressure when it gets to that mileage after a service - and goes back up again when it's got fresh oil in it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't know whether you have already mentioned this, but do you plan on keeping her for the forseeable future? Wouldn't it be great to see her clock over 150k? Or dare I say it... 200k? :)

Simon

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Great thread.

New owner here with 09 plate and 58K on the clock. Planning on Stage 1 shortly but was slightly concerned that any additional strain on engine with higher mileage may be a bad mix. Having seen this, gives me confidence that it's fine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
115,000 Miles

Off to Litchfield's for a 90k service. We also decided to take the sump off for a bit of an inspection. Andrew also sent me some DRLs from this thread http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/380306-cba-daytime-running-lights-finally-good-solution.html which needed a bit of wiring in.

There was a bit of muck on the oil pickup, but nothing unexpected, and less than one would imagine for a car of this mileage. There's a tiny bit of oil showing on the prop shaft, but again nothing to be concerned about with this mileage.

Otherwise, all OK, until....

...the guys removed the cover inside the wheel arch to fit the lights, and noticed a leak coming from the top of the oil cooler (not sure if it's the pipe or the cooler itself) - to be fixed soon.

We were going to put it on the dyno, but ran out of time.

Update of the costs next...autotrader trade in value seems very low, but for those of you following the thread so far we'll stick with it for sake of comparison...

Additional Service costs:
16th October 2015, 114980 miles (90k service + inspect sump, wire DRLs), Litchfield, £775.62

Additional Tyre Costs:
None

Total Service Costs £13835
Total Tyre Costs £6113

Current Autotrader valuation £25920

So, having done 115,100 miles in 6 years 4 months, an average of 18174 miles/year:

Total service, maintenance and tyre costs: £19948

Original Cost: £52,345. Current part-ex value: £25,920. Total Depreciation: £26425

Total annual costs including maintenance, repairs, tyres and depreciation: £7322, or 40.3p per mile

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
what a great thread and confidence booster for owners... I assume the later cars may be even more reliable...
I heard they have fixed the "damp getting to the speakers issue"...
only concern is the "rusting". that's not good for a car of only 6 years old...
Nissans piss poor paint quality.

·
Registered
59 Posts
amazing post which has helped me to put so much into perspective.

im glad to see these cars were engineered for endurance as well as blistering performance

81 - 100 of 267 Posts