GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I've had iain litchfield build me one of his monster 4.6 red top engines.
Well the list of parts is endless. From bigger valves, to cams, 4.6 crank, bigger turbos. Bigger Fuel pumps, billet cradle. And loads of little upgrades.
All I can say is bloody hell its quick. With 800 toques at 3000rpm.
And with this build there is plenty of room for improvement.
So a big thank you to iain litchfield and all that have worked on my car. :clap:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Whenever I've seen their website they say it's still in development, although I confess I've never asked them directly.

What sort of cash are we talking fully installed?

Assume you need a full dodson gears as well?

How does she drove apart from the power? Is it noticeable heavier at the nose? I worry that although I could overtake the millennium falcon it wouldn't be the same balanced driving experience. I want more speed but not if it turns it into a drag only machine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as I no there is no massive weight added to the front end.
It's is an expensive job doing all these upgrades.
And you do need a built gearbox.
You can drive it in low boost at about 750+bhp or the full beans mode 1.5bar that is way over 1000bhp.
And it's a combination of bore size and a stroked crank as for as I no.
You would have to speak to iain litchfield for the full build spec.

Whenever I've seen their website they say it's still in development, although I confess I've never asked them directly.

What sort of cash are we talking fully installed?

Assume you need a full dodson gears as well?

How does she drove apart from the power? Is it noticeable heavier at the nose? I worry that although I could overtake the millennium falcon it wouldn't be the same balanced driving experience. I want more speed but not if it turns it into a drag only machine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
930 Posts
So not only the perfect colour but now nice and nippy! I will have to see your car in the flesh one day!
I'm debating going for more displacement but not sure if I will do it in current car or treat myself to a MY17.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Will I've had iain litchfield build me one of his monster 4.6 red top engines.
Well the list of parts is endless. From bigger valves, to cams, 4.6 crank, bigger turbos. Bigger Fuel pumps, billet cradle. And loads of little upgrades.
All I can say is bloody hell its quick. With 800 toques at 3000rpm.
And with this build there is plenty of room for improvement.
So a big thank you to iain litchfield and all that have worked on my car. :clap:
Sounds like a monster! Would love to see the dyno chart if possible, 800ftlbs at 3000rpm is insane.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I see he's capped the torque, is that going to remain, or is there a limitation somewhere?

Spool looks immense as it is though

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm having a engine built at minute too and it's nice seeing how them turbos perform as that's the ones I'm considering. I wonder what the difference would be on a 3.8 with same turbos.......

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is in a different league to any thing I have had done to the GTR before.

I'm having a engine built at minute too and it's nice seeing how them turbos perform as that's the ones I'm considering. I wonder what the difference would be on a 3.8 with same turbos.......

1 - 20 of 42 Posts