GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Well they don't. It's just your driving them with a lot more capacity!
Yes they do.

If the turbos are entirely different from the stock set up, why shouldn't the capacity be?

The statement wasn't, "they spool faster than stock turbos on an otherwise identical engine".

The statement made is completely true.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Yes they do.

If the turbos are entirely different from the stock set up, why shouldn't the capacity be?

The statement wasn't, "they spool faster than stock turbos on an otherwise identical engine".

The statement made is completely true.
Because someone fitting them to his 3.8, won't quite get the same results, as proved by the next question. They are better matched for the application, the result of which is a better spool. On their own they won't.

Standard turbos on the 4.8 would spool much quicker than the ones he has on, but it wouldn't be efficient.

We're talking about the same thing, your just being a dick. Shit weekend?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Oh lordy...

So it's come down to spelling mistakes and the size of my e-**** which is massive by the way, the same as your e-twattishness.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I bow to your superior insult throwing ability.

197 posts and making a real name for yourself.

Congratulations.

Tell me, have you contributed anything of any real value to this forum?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well yes, an EWR 7163 will not out spool a stock turbo. This is good information if you're (you are) thinking of putting them on your stock engine.

Oh, and if your standard base door speakers have disintegrated, then a pair out of a 350z (Bose) will drop straight in. Cost of replacement is £30.

You can thank me later.

·
Super Moderator
15,973 Posts
It's hot, I'm feeling sunny, so let's keep it that way guys.:ban:

·
Registered
203 Posts
What's the latest on this tiler? Any more updates? I've recently been speaking to Iain about one of these builds as he has my engine at the moment but can't decide on the sport engine or the 4.6? Is the 4.6 worth the extra money over the sport engine? The dyno graph does look awesome though ...

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Because someone fitting them to his 3.8, won't quite get the same results, as proved by the next question. They are better matched for the application, the result of which is a better spool. On their own they won't.

Standard turbos on the 4.8 would spool much quicker than the ones he has on, but it wouldn't be efficient.

We're talking about the same thing, your just being a dick. Shit weekend?
Wow !!

What a cockgobbler, bet you must be the head honcho at your gentleman's club pmsl !!

Nice job Tiler, great to see someone go all out !!

J.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
So, girls. How much did it cost?

3.8 or 4.6? Don't be a ****. There ain't no replacement for displacement. The end.

By the way, how much did it cost?

By the by, booze. Gone. Help! :nervous:

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
So, girls. How much did it cost?

3.8 or 4.6? Don't be a ****. There ain't no replacement for displacement. The end.

By the way, how much did it cost?

By the by, booze. Gone. Help! :nervous:
I can only speculate but knowing that a 'Sport' engine costs £15.5k, I'm assuming the Red Top is at least £20k and that's without labour for removal and fitting I believe. Then you have all the ancillaries, Turbos/Intercooler/Gearbox upgrades, I don't know to what extent Tiler has gone with the built box etc, but wouldn't surprise me if total cost is in the region of 40-50k.

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
I can only speculate but knowing that a 'Sport' engine costs £15.5k, I'm assuming the Red Top is at least £20k and that's without labour for removal and fitting I believe. Then you have all the ancillaries, Turbos/Intercooler/Gearbox upgrades, I don't know to what extent Tiler has gone with the built box etc, but wouldn't surprise me if total cost is in the region of 40-50k.
Yup add

- fully built gearbox 15k-20k
- turbos EFR etc 5k - 8k
- manifold if going 4.1/4.2 etc 3k-5k
- ancillaries another 1-2k
- labor 2-4k depending on work needed.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts