GTR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
SteveN said:
I seriously dont know what either of you are talking about, seems like neither of you really know for sure and are just saying whatever.

I dont know for sure, thats why im asking, but im thinking logicly here.

Steve- Dont get all defensive and trying to make me look wrong, esp when ive never claimed to be right, its you that was going on about completley irrelivant things about compression and stroke etc.

:rolleyes:
I am not an engineeer or anything.. I have never compared these things personally but I know people who have, but they don't want to respond on this thread because of certain attitudes.

I couldnt give a damn either way, I was trying to back up your original statement and put forward a reason for the head bolts being different. but that doesn't matter anyway seeing as you have done a complete about turn.

flogging a dead horse is a phrase that comes to mind. you have already contradicted your original argument which was why I got involved in this in the first place. you are always so agressive in your posts. I wonder if you are like this in a face to face meeting or if it is just PC rage coming out. :rolleyes:

take a chill pill fella. :D

see ya
Steve

·
Premium Member
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
easy guys! this was just meant to be a bit of a lighthearted discussion! :D :D

not sure which came first but would a reason for the different heads not be due to the FMIC on the GTR as opposed to the arch mounted IC on the GTS?

Simon

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I don't know the truth but I have got 2p;

Nisfan is closest to what most of the Japanese guys I know say.
Basically it came down to this -
In the mid to late 80's Nissan, like many Japanese companies, was veeeery rich. They did it because they could.
These days - they couldn't, that's whay the VQ35 engine is in everything. :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
don't worry Simon, this is lighthearted. :D

I just bite every now and again and this is one of those occasions.

I'll unsubscribe from this thread now and leave this thread alone.

it is all crap anyway.. the CA18 is the best engine in the world :p :p :p

see ya
Steve

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Where have i contradicted myself? I said the RB25 block isnt as strong, and i still think that, im not 100%, but logic dictates it.

I said the RB25 head isnt as good, and i stick by that, thru logic again.

Fookin [email protected] Rage, trust me mate, ask anyone who knows me, im a lot worse in real life, im not your usual internet/carclub sad coont. If anything im reserved on here as dont want people to think im some forum warrior tosspot. Ive lost count of the amount of them ive happened to meet and they all turn out to be 12stone geeks id be embarrsed to be seen talking to...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I did unscubscribe, but feel the need to respond again..

I feel you contradicted yourself on the exact statement.
the RB25 isnt as strong. then later on say that all the internals are interchangable, which would mean the blocks were Identical in order to fit these parts and have them work.

We are not talking about N1 engines here just std blocks.

believe me I aint 12 stone either :D would like to be one day, even when I was in full training 3 nights of Karate and 4 40 minute sessions of squash a week I still weighed 15 stone. not trained properly for a year but I am still 14.5 stone.

do you want to compare willys now :p :p

hehehe
/Steve

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
SteveC said:
do you want to compare [/i]handbags now :p :p
ROFL ;) :D

Lets see.....

There are a few of us around here, with large spec RB25's so what would happen if we (somehow) managed to bolt a T88-34D on to our hi-mount manifolds and a generous shot of nitrous.

Nevere mind all this RB26 bollocks, it's an RB25 were thrashing. What would we need to be doing to keep the whole thing together long enough to prove that it makes 1000bhp on the rollers ?

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Why do you keep bringing up the strength of internals???

That has no relevance!

If you goin for that kind of power, ALL the internals would be uprated.

Im on about BLOCK strength.

And my point is as all internals are interchangable, why make a different block if they as strong as each other...

(oh, and why make a different head)

So i dont see where the backtracking is...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
SteveN said:
Why do you keep bringing up the strength of internals???

Im on about BLOCK strength.

And my point is as all internals are interchangable, why make a different block if they as strong as each other...

So i dont see where the backtracking is...
your first statement said something along the lines of I believe the RB25 is not as strong as the RB26. your quote above contradicts that blatantly.

Internals are nothing to do with my argument but they are related to it because if the internals are interchangable, then the blocks must be the same.

we have both been saying the same thing louder and louder for the last 10 posts...

and the inlet plenum is probably just one used off another car with piping sorted out to match it. I think the inlet plenum on the RB25 is very similar to the one on a patrol.

Which in some variants has an RB30 :smokin:

/Steve

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
JasonO said:
It's a moot point because we are trying to build a 1000bhp RB25.
good lad,

I expect full details soon, preferably in a nice locked post !!

can you mail me any piccie syou have Jason, I am well interested in this projects development..

cheers
Steve

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
SteveC said:
your first statement said something along the lines of I believe the RB25 is not as strong as the RB26. your quote above contradicts that blatantly.

Internals are nothing to do with my argument but they are related to it because if the internals are interchangable, then the blocks must be the same.
I said I belive the RB25 block isnt as stong as the RB26 one, and i stick by that, i dont KNOW that, but thats what gets said enough times, and like i said, logic dictates it as there is seemingly NO other reason for the RB26 to exist.

Just cause the internals are the same, dont mean the blocks are all as strong as each other...

Examples--

Cosworth internals will fit into a normal 2litre "205" pinto/RWD cosworth block, but they also fit in the RS500 cosworth block, the 4x4 200 cosworth block, and the Millington alloy block.
They not the same blocks, tho look almost/totaly identical, they not the same strength tho, not by a long shot.
Youl find that with a lot of engine blocks...

And thats my point for the 50th time, i "expect" the RB26 to be a stronger block, might look the same, might all bolt up, but however it was made i expect makes it stronger, and that would be the only point of it as far as i can see.

Same goes for the head (it having higher potential), seems no point at all for it otherwise.

Seems like all ive done is state facts and logic, but im still expected to think otherwise when all ive been presented with is just talk, and some stuff that jus sound like lies to me..
Im asking questions, id like to know for sure, but all im being given is stuff that reinforces my original thoughts...

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
SteveN,
Can you tell me in what way your post above relates to this topic ?

I've quoted the post which originated this thread, and I think you are mising the point of this discussion.

Simonh said:
could it be done on the RB25DET engine and what would it require?

simple as that really.

Simon

SteveC,
When I said 'build a 1000bhp RB25' I was talking theoretically.....Though I know of at least a couple that are about half way there....

One thing is for certain, the RB25 is getting the sort of tuning recognition it deserves. Right here in the UK :D

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
JasonO said:
SteveN,
FFS give it a rest. :rolleyes:

It's a moot point because we are trying to build a 1000bhp RB25.
Bollocks, lol.

As you can happily use a RB26 head and/or block in a GTST and IF a RB26 head/block is far superior (IF!), wouldnt it be an almighty waste of cash using an inferor item when the difference in price is comparitivley tiny compared to the overall cost of a 1000bhp engine?

I mean like i said on my FIRST post, im sure it can be done, but apart from to prove a point that nobody in their right mind would deny, IF the RB26 block/head is superior for 1000bhp, thered be no reason to do it with an all RB25 engine.

Seems a VERY expensive thing to do to prove a point that nobody dissagrees with in the first place :confused:

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Just incase more people are incapable of reading, lol, this is a quote from my FIRST post...

SteveN said:
id say its probably possible using a RB25 block and head, but never seen it done
Only mentioned using a RB26 block and/or head to potentialy save someone a lot of money! Thats what forums are for isnt it? Helping/Advising people, trying to save them time, money, and bother.

Soon as someone disagreed i myself asked for info on why the RB25 was just as good for 1000bhp, but didnt get any real answers.

And it turned into a pathetic GTST fight with not a single fact mentioned in defence of somthing i wasnt slagging off in the first place...

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Well I still stand that the differences between the blocks is irrelevant, because as soon as you swap it, the engine is no longer an RB25.

You yourself have agreed this point in previous discussions SteveN, when the suggestion was to use an RB30 block with a RB25 head.

A 1000bhp RB25, needs to have an RB25 block. The RB25 head on an RB30 or RB26 block, is no longer an RB25 engine.

So what we need to know is.....can it be done, and I don't think we have proof that the RB25 block can't take it. Certainly there may be other blocks more suited to this sort of power quest, but we would rather know about the RB25.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
of course it can, fookin great tubbie and steel bits inside, open out the ports and oilways in the head and get ready to hold on tight.

mean time between faliure could become an issue.

T88 blown RB25 anyone !! :eek:

go on.

/Steve

21 - 40 of 44 Posts