GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Youve also got the Litchfield 102,,
Ive got the whole stystem inc Down pipes sounds amazing..
Its Noise level last time i checked was 114 DB static,
But sounds amazing talk to Iain.

Goldie

·
Registered
326 Posts
I agree with Mr goldie I heard a car local to me with the 102 system and it sounded amazing! Was a Litchfields system!! Talk to Iain his a star!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Having the Litchfield system put on my car at the moment, the quality is amazing. Will let you know what i think of the sound, you can check out some pics on my build thread (SRD1000R).

H

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Having the Litchfield system put on my car at the moment, the quality is amazing. Will let you know what i think of the sound, you can check out some pics on my build thread (SRD1000R).

H
Is the Litchfields 102 a titanium system or SS?

I have heard a Litchfields 102mm exhaust and it did sound amazing - At Ace Cafe, cannot remember which car - but it was being discussed as the car left the car park and I was told it was a 102.

I remember a video recently by Litchfields which had their Demo GTR and Adam's Grey GTR on a track. I believe Adam's car had Litchfields Silent 102 exhaust - and the sound it made on WOT was unbelievable! (It definately wasn't silent!) :chuckle:

I haven't heard SVM's own one just yet, but you just cannot beat the sound of GTC's 102mm Titan IMHO - SIMPLY OUTSTANDING!!!! :)

All I know is that after having a GTC Titan - I could never live with a SS exhaust on my GTR for too long.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've seen the svm system made in person, quality is tremendous. I have the 102mm system with 90mm down pipes, sounds fantastic

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've seen the svm system made in person, quality is tremendous. I have the 102mm system with 90mm down pipes, sounds fantastic
+1
I have the same and a 102mm non res Y pipe....It sounds NUTS!!!!!!!

Gotta give credit to SVM for the quality and @ £1800 fitted is very reasonably priced too:bowdown1::bowdown1:

Here's a couple of clips of a recent Tunnel run!!!

Just the first run as the rest I'm not being filmed

]

The RS6 filming had an external Mic planted next to his exhaust......But the LOUD SVM 102mm zorst annihilated it...LOL

Big up to the SVM boys for making such a great sounding exhaust system!!!:bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Think it would be helpful for many of us if there was a table that gave the noise at idle when hot at xx distance from the car - with and without down pipes.

Also what the driveby noise was at full boost on a track, that would make such a difference for those that like some trackday fun.

I have a great freebie soundmeter app on my Samsung, it tells me I have 50db in my office and 63 db when 6" away from my keyboard bashing out this post. We could perhaps get a standard going where we report back using an app on our phones

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a vid of my gtr with the 102mm gtc titanium exhaust, its at 1 bar boost with a 6800 rpm syvecs shifting so around stage 4 power I guess roughly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz0eG1R2bTE

has different downpipes aswell and no cats for comparison
I just love this one, saw it fuc...1000 times and never got bored...can you post full spec of it?

I love the one on the link below and I just do not know what to do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1qEyGi2Zuc

I have miltek Y-pipe on mine non-res. but I want that sound to make my hair stiff...:chuckle:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Think it would be helpful for many of us if there was a table that gave the noise at idle when hot at xx distance from the car - with and without down pipes.

Also what the driveby noise was at full boost on a track, that would make such a difference for those that like some trackday fun.

I have a great freebie soundmeter app on my Samsung, it tells me I have 50db in my office and 63 db when 6" away from my keyboard bashing out this post. We could perhaps get a standard going where we report back using an app on our phones
Would be useful, but no track would allow any of these cars/exhausts on, just way to noisy!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Would be useful, but no track would allow any of these cars/exhausts on, just way to noisy!
Looks like I'm gonna be fcuked next week as got 2 days at Spa planned LOL

At least the drive will be a giggle!!:flame::flame:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have a freeby digital soundmeter app by Smart Tools Co on my Android phone.

I did some testing on Sunday where I compared the exhaust volume of :-

Stage 2 car with cats in the downpipes and a 3" Milltek and no resonator in Y pipe.

Stage 4 car with no cats in the downpipes and a 4" GTC titanium with no resonator in Y pipe.

At idle about 10 feet behind the car, the GTC exhaust was about 4decibles higher, going for a run in the cars with the sound meter sitting in the centre console, there was not much difference on cruise and both cars were the same 80 decibels flat out through the gears.

Clearly the soundproofing in the car is a bit of a leveler, but was surprised that the GTC was not louder on full acceleration.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I love the sound of the full 102mm GTC titanium + downpipes.. You just cant beat that howl ! :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts