GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my skyline 10days ago and its got oil leaking already, bloody nightmare. I think its one of the turbo's but will need to get the car up and check it. Well raging. Also got crunching when shifting from 3rd to 4th at high revs. I'am loving the car but problems already:mad:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
got crunching when shifting from 3rd to 4th at high revs.
Join the club Vin! :mad:
Althought mine is crunching going into 3rd

Hope the oil thing isnt anything too serious! if your about this weekend i might come over and have a look?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
at my ten day mark I had oil problems too - from two blown pistons. After four months of rebuilding, have been back on the road, and everything is more or less hunkydory as I tweak my tune.

I grind from 3rd to 4th, a lot of people say Redline shockproof heavy gear oil helps, but I couldn't get any. Spent $250 on HKS transmission oil, and it lessened it, slightly. The main trick is driving around the crunch. On upshift, pause in neutral, then go into fourth. If you mentally say "I'm in neutral" quickly, that's enough time, and you'll snick smoothly into fourth. I've gotten it down so that the shift doesn't take very long at all. Downshifting from fifth, I doubleclutch religiously.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i also had leaking oil problems afte i purchased mine. found out it was the oil feed to the turbo with a leak in it. got a new one fitted and is fine now. hopefuly will stay that way

James.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a read on the gearbox crunching, will it keep getting worst in time?
I have told gt-cars and they said to take it to a garage to confirm it. They said it's under warrenty so I 'am hopeing I get a new box or something for it.

Andy, I'am workin over the weekend but I'am going to have a look at it later on and see whats leaking, it looks like the oil is running down the downpipe and dripping off there.

I just hope this ant going to take ages fixing and lots of money(fingers crossed)

Anyone wana swap there's for mine :D

·
Registered
663 Posts
check the rocker cover gasket as its a common problem. when I had mine it had a bit of oil leak and after talking to ron at Rk and others they say check the rocker first as the screws some times get loose, so just tighten it and should be ok. and guess what thats what it is.. hope yours is the same mate.

·
Registered
400 Posts
if your car has a oil catch tank, check the return hose. mine was just dumping all the crap on the floor from the catch tank.

:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the car off the ground today.
Found out the oil is coming from the 2nd turbo's oil return pipe and first turbo oil feed pipe, thank god in away.

But also saw the back of the gearbox seal is leaking oil and the exhaust has a small leak at the downpipe.

WORST thing now is the crank pulley seems to be knocking and it's causing the whole car to vibrate :mad: :mad: :mad: Are those common problems or am I just bad luck?

10days= well ****ed off:mad:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Your doing well compared to me skytoy,i had my car 8 hours and the oil pump failed so i had to have the engine rebuilt.

Picked the car up after the rebuild and drove it for 4 hours,then the rear turbo blew.

Replaced the turbos and drove a total of 10 hours before the rear turbo blew again.

The car is in a garage having another two turbos fitted this week,im hoping that the end of my nightmare.

I have shelled out nearly 7k on rebuild,turbos etc

·
Registered
163 Posts
not good news pal especially since yuo only had it 10 days i was gonna say u got done over my gtcars but good jobs its under warranty and the gearbox will get worse over time.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
caterjohn, omg, thats is worst. hope your problems will end when you get you car back and i hope (fingers cross) mine get solved quickly and not costly.

Japsky, It ment to be warrentied but gt-cars have said I got money off the car,am like so. Well hopefully they will sort the big problems out.

still :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Just go down and take the Sup back mate, im sure you still got the spare key tucked away somehwere! ;)

I found my MR2 turbo key in my parents last week :nervous:

·
Registered
411 Posts
did you know of the cruching in the transmission prior to buying it?
does the oil leak look fresh or is there signs of build up?
as when i was ordering my GTR i was informed about everything, the company that i used, had the GTR checked by their Japanese mehcanics
hope you get it sorted out

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Andy, If the car needs a rebuild then defo would want the supra back or they better pay for the cost of the re-build. Just called Marc at the garage, I'am taking it to him next wed but he thinks its a engine out job, I actually feel sick:mad:

****, I never had the chance of getting it to igh enough speeds when buying it. My fault for not finding a place to try it I guess.Em The leak looks resonably new but am no expert.

I'am going to know for sure what needs to be fixed or done next week, so I still have a little bit of faith, but I will be feelin sick till then.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Marc can drop an engine in no time at all.
Im going over to the birds on Wed night so i might drop past TG if im there early enough and have a wee look.
Hopefully nothing too bad mate.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts