GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed a 11.08 1/4 at TOTB on Saturday.
I was hoping to get a 10.99 on the Sunday with the cooler temps but I just couldn't get any grip despite dropping the tyre pressures (everyone else seemed to have the same issues).
The car had nothing removed weight wise (I didn't even take the manuals out of the glove box) and had just under 1/2 a tank of fuel.

As I'm sure others have found, the cars delivers quicker times in Auto mode and R / Comfort / R mode.

The car also did a 159 MPH pass over the 1KM.

All in all, I think it's a pretty good result from a 100% stock car.
I'm going to take it to the Pod at some point and see if I can get a better result.

I let a fellow GTO owner drive my car at the last round of JDS and he was pulling 1.6 sec 60's and 99.8 MPH at the 1/8 of a mile but due to the JDS rules he had to keep the car above 12 seconds as such he was crossing the 1/4 mile line at 99.6 ish.

I will post up once I have been to the Pod to see if I can do a sub 11 sec run.

Time Slip:

Cheeky picture at the services on the way home:

Mark :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Mark, saw this at the POD at japshow, was wondering who's it was / whether it was stock but the stickers made me think it was 2000BHP... :chuckle:

Very nice result either way.

Will the car stay stock?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No chance of me ever keeping a car stock! :chuckle:

I want to see what I can do at the Pod, then put it on the Dyno for a benchmark figure then I'll start tuning it.
I like to see what each mod does so I will be doing back to back dyno results for each modification (I will run the car on the dyno myself so I know the results are repeatable by using the same strapping, dyno mode and ramp rates – and obviously the same dyno).

As for the stickers, well I had to put them on the car as my track car (My Time Attack GTO) had a few electrical gremlins, as such I ran the GTR at Snetterton which was fun and surprisingly competitive for a stock full weight car.

Andre then ran the car on the Sunday so he could keep some points ticking along in the JDS championship.

Mark:cool:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
They do say the later ones do an 11 second 1/4 pass in ideal conditions, so that's a good result.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
GTO NEMESIS said:
I like to see what each mod does so I will be doing back to back dyno results for each modification (I will run the car on the dyno myself so I know the results are repeatable by using the same strapping, dyno mode and ramp rates ***8211; and obviously the same dyno).
Will look forward to seeing that, please post up the results :)

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
That's pretty good for a stock beast, I ran an 11.01 at the pod with a stock my11 with Y pipe only and after a Litchfield Stage one with 102mm downpipes and K&N panel filters and MPSS's we pulled a respectable 10.7 @ 131.04MPH at the pod on a warmish day(24 degree temp) so your time is very respectable considering it's stock good on ya

1 - 8 of 8 Posts