GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I already have my R32 gtr for almost 2 years. My mods are Bigger intercooler, Power fc, HKS intakes and four inch pipes.(stock turbos at 1bar)

I plan to build a 11 second daily diven car. I need your suggestions on what mods to do. Single or twin, it does not matter :)

Thanks
Ern :D

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
11.0 or 11.9 ????
Yep, big difference.
And then there is budget, and also the amount of response you want.

You can build

1) a mid 11's big old laggy single turbo RB26 that will be poo to drive on the street.
2) a mid 11's ball bearing twin turbo RB28 that would be great to drive on the street.

Version 1 will cost alot less than version 2, but it will also be slower driven on the street due to the response time it need. However, for drag purpose to pull that 11's that you want, you have all the time in the world to get ready when you are waiting at the light.

Also, petrol cost will be a pain. And I hope you have a strong left leg because if you ever get stuck in traffic... You are going to need it. :runaway:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Jerrick's got a point - I haven't been driving my car all that much, but I drove it a lot this weekend, taking her out cruising to all the hotspots in Seoul, honestly just slow driving and flash with all the other sports cars out. Now I remember why that's a ridiculous exercise. A: I burned £50 in petrol and toluene for 80km of driving around Seoul and I think I got onto boost ONCE - about three seconds worth in 2nd gear, and B: my left ankle is beginning to SWELL. I literally injured myself. On my clutch pedal. Repetitive stress injury.

My car is a mid to high 11s car, and I did once daily drive it for about 14 months. $600/month in fuel, never did get the guts to count the maintenance bills (albeit, most of that was enhancing and upgrading the car).

I like your car's color. Do a 2.8 stroker, keep the stock manifolds and add GT-RS turbos. A T04z single would be nice too but more expensive and complex.

On a side note, why the hell does everyone have an upgraded intercooler before they've touched anything else on the car, yet the only things NOT stock in my car are the radiator fans and...the intercooler!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
1) a mid 11's big old laggy single turbo RB26 that will be poo to drive on the street.
2) a mid 11's ball bearing twin turbo RB28 that would be great to drive on the street.

Version 1 will cost alot less than version 2, but it will also be slower driven on the street due to the response time it need. However, for drag purpose to pull that 11's that you want, you have all the time in the world to get ready when you are waiting at the light
One of my mates had a single GT3582R on his RB26, mid 11s on pump gas - ran an HKS twin plate clutch which was perfectly streetable... at least by our standards. Fuel consumption was typical of a modded Skyline, or no Prius but what would you expect. Lag wasn't wildly different from the stock R32 turbos, in my opinion :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
11sec

you can run mid 11's 11.6-11.8 all on standard turbos.
when my car was stockish.. i ran mid 11's on just powerfc,fuel pump,decent clutch.exhaust,etc. at around 118 0r 120 mph. averaging 1.64 0-60ft.
best time [email protected] best o-60ft 1.54.

that was with standard ceramic turbos at 1 bar. making 260rwkw on rolling dyno.

now my car with 2860-5 ,with 387rwkw on dyno pack and all i cold muster was 11.54 @124mph. 1.7 o-60 average.. lol... way way too much wheelspin..

if you want exct details let me know and ill tell you what you need fro consistent mid 11,s on stock turbo.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi guys, I already have my R32 gtr for almost 2 years. My mods are Bigger intercooler, Power fc, HKS intakes and four inch pipes.(stock turbos at 1bar)

I plan to build a 11 second daily diven car. I need your suggestions on what mods to do. Single or twin, it does not matter :)

Thanks
Ern :D
I'm no expert but you probably just need an uprated fuel system ie. fuel pump/injectors, Z32s and 2860-5s... oh and good tyres and driving to get that 11 at the strip.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
when my car was stockish.. i ran mid 11's on just powerfc,fuel pump,decent clutch.exhaust,etc. at around 118 0r 120 mph. averaging 1.64 0-60ft.

now my car with 2860-5 ,with 387rwkw on dyno pack and all i cold muster was 11.54 @124mph. 1.7 o-60 average.. lol... way way too much wheelspin..

if you want exct details let me know and ill tell you what you need fro consistent mid 11,s on stock turbo.

Hi im intrested to know what you did exactly to achive that 11,s on stock turbos. Maybe you could give me some tips or setups to do.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

By the way did you upgrade your injectors? also, fuel pressure regulator? what tires did you use to launch of 0-60ft under 2 secs? also, do you have your power FC ignition and timing map for stock turbos ? hehe thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts