GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trundling along the motorway tonight i decided to see what the accelleration was like in 5th so i floored it.
it was great 80 90 100 110 115 and then nothing iwas at 5 thousand revs and the car just would not go anymore
does anyone know why this might be i mean my bloody mondeo can do more than that:( :(

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
hahaha

sounds like its still restricted dude, all japanses cars were limited to 110ish mph

look up deristricting for the r32 gtr

good luck

mook

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I thought the speed restriction on the R32 was only if it was still in KMH?

I was having that problem when i first got mine, it hit 180 KMH and that was it, but when i changed it into MPH it sailed past 112 mph.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mine still is in kph i have one of those cam detectors and it shows me the mph speed iam doing digital, anyway what a bugger i was told by the guy i bought it off that it was deristricted. ok does anyone know how???:)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yes, i bought a worm gear type restrictor, unplug speedo cable from gearbox, plug the converter in its place, screw cable into converter..

Some people say it causes problems with the HICAS, but as i never push my cars handling to the limit, ive noticed no difference at all.

Got it from here >>>>

KM3 speedo converter and delimiter

·
Registered
560 Posts
I seem to remember someone telling me there is a wire on the ECU loom that you snip to remove the speed limit? This way it stays in KMH so as not to upset the HICAS reaction times.

·
Registered
715 Posts
do not cut the wire on the ECU, this will totally screw up the hicas as it won't see any speed signal.

·
Registered
213 Posts
there was a post a few days ago detailing how to do this iirc. Cut a wire somewhere that interrupts the VSS in a way that allows the HICAS to see a signal but not whatever does the limiting.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
if you convert it to mph then the limt will be 180mph, which is close enough to un-restricted as most people need.

If you get an aftermarket ECU then you won't have any problems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts