GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.What if I wanted to make a GTR that did 1400hp on an OS block..which 2 turbos would you recommend?What are your thoughts on a staged/compounded setup with one normal sized turbo follwed by a larger one?

Also, what kinda 1/4 time can I expect in a full trim r34/1,400hp??

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Hey guys.What if I wanted to make a GTR that did 1400hp on an OS block..which 2 turbos would you recommend?What are your thoughts on a staged/compounded setup with one normal sized turbo follwed by a larger one?

I think compound turbocharging is mainly for achieving a higher overall boost level, in terms of recommending sizing for a high power compound setup - definitely not confident on commenting on that.... its beyond me :)

Can you give more info on your setup? How much cam, displacement, what rpm are you going to spin it to and what fuel are you going to be running it on?

I'd use RIPS Drag-R as one the best example of a full weight R34 GTR, with a good trans etc it has managed 9.4 @ 155mph so far with what I'd be guessing is 1100+hp as raced.

The only GTRs I know of which would have run around 1400hp or more for sure are running big single turbos on Methanol.... aside from POSSIBLY HKS which were on GT3540s running some kind of crazy fuel

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Mario was running those sort of numbers on GTR700 with 3540's with no wastegates I think :D

Either way its kind of pointless !!!

Full weight car=semi daily driver

Semi daily=turbos that come on sometime in the first minute you put your foot down :D

I think 1000bhp is about the max a small engine like the RB can manage (even when stroked) before becoming unusable as a roadcar. Ronnie reckons his was about as much as you could actually use and he's about as mental as you can get for whats acceptable and whats not !! lol

Beyond that I think you need to be looking at 4000cc+ for anything useable with turbos big enough to support 1400bhp. You could cheat and use gas but frankly the size system you need for that extra 400bhp will empty the bottles pretty quick and hence again isnt really a practical setup for the road.

J.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts

Based on those figures:

Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 1400
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1550
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 917.73
0 - 60 (Secs) : 2.57
0 - 100 (Secs) : 3.71
60 - 100 (Secs) : 1.14
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 8.65
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 172.40
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 8.25
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 179.84

God's knows if that's accurate though...

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
A Garrett GT4718R can give 1400 bhp. What do you mean by OS block, do you mean OS Giken or do you mean oversize?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts