GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
update from Mario in aus (www.exvitermini.com)

check dis out...
GTR-700: The beast is back! First and foremost, my sincere thanks go to both Vic and Steve at Action Freight Forwarding for doing all of the hard work in getting the engine there and back. They also handled all of the customs clearance issues for me and ensured that the engine was air freighted and arrived at CRD on time, as promised. I have put some photos of the engine and its unpacking onto GTR-700's Gallery page.

I am also very pleased that finally the rumours being spread doubting the power levels of the race engine have been dispelled. The latest Japanese Option magazine (December, 2002) carries an article where VeilSide have upgraded their R34 Street Drag GTR for another high speed attempt. Suffice to say, with a lower engine specification than GTR-700 (only 2,628cc) and smaller turbos (GT-3540's) with lower boost (only 2.8 Kg/cm2) - they have recorded a respectable 1,460 BHP. This should put the real power levels GTR-700's engine is capable of producing into perspective for a few people.

HOW MUCH BHP!!! AND 3540S NOT SHY THEN!!
NLW

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I've got the Option mag in front of me and that's exactly what it says. Nothing like big boost to bring the power home! Wild!

Cya O!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HIPO...

so what do you reckon to mario's final snort then out of the RB 26?
I have followed his site for ages now and it never seems to amaze me the guy's knowledge and dedication to building the mother of all GTRs. Plus he knows when to deal with shysters as well and give recognition where due.

BTW hip I still have your engine bay on the desktop...it brings a smile to all these dreary mornings in the UK.

Nick

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
???

Nick,
is this the same car that seems to have evry part of its life story / build on mpeg format?? I remember surfing around one night and seeing (i think) this car being started up for the first time and also some clips of the car burning up others at the lights n stuff??

The quote of the whole set had to be the two guys filming :

" The guy in the Celica must be saying , you have got to be fu**ing joking !!" as the GTR left this celica like he wasn`t moving!!

jas

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is the one Jason

and that was when it was a road car!!
I reckon it will have 2 and a half times more snort now as a race car.
Best GTR site there is....
If only I could get GTR central working again...DCD??

Nick

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Nick... you're right. Mario is an asset to the GT-R community. For a change we have someone that is pushing the boundary of the RB and actually helping others understand his reasoning along the way. Its a great way to learn.

As for what he'll achieve with the current build up, its hard to say. The fact that he has employed one of the more famous tuners in Japan to build his engine suggests he wants to set the records in such a way as it will take a long while for any individual to challenge him (if at all). I'm thinking that the Veilside record is readily within reach, however, as everybody knows its a lot more than simply having a higher spec engine to make that power. We'll all wait and see in anticipation.

Hope you enjoy the engine pic on your desktop... I feel priviliged that I can share the experience. :D

Cya O!

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Smootster73...GTR Central is owned & maintained by Canman. He has told me that movies will be up soon....its just the site is too popular for its own good when it comes to bandwith!

Hipogtr....totally agree with you re Mario. And now that he has set up his BBS he can share more insights with all of us RB/GTR fans!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts