GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share a few pics of my new R32. It is finally on a boat destined for the sunny UK thanks to HJA. I have been involved with the RB powered GTR's for around a decade and lusted after them for much longer, but somehow never got around to owning one. I come close a few years ago with Snowfiend's lovely R32, however I chose to go around the world instead!:GrowUp:

Ozzy has been kind enough to source me a car that I can prepare myself, as I love working on these old jap warriors. Previously I have had CRX's, 200sx's etc but I have finally found the ultimate.

As you can see, she looks fairly standard. Spec is not yet confirmed, but so far I have spotted:

Lovely BBS LM's - Clearly in need of a little tlc.
Tein's - Not sure which ones.
R33 Brembo's - hopefully with matching rears.
Defi' Gauges - installed badly!
Mystery strut brace - any ideas?
Turbo Timer or boost gauge? - I can't quite make it out.

:wavey:

General plans are to get it up on the road this year, probably refurb the wheels over winter. I will concentrate on getting it running as best I can before any modding starts, whatever work I do it will remain the same looking on the outside and I will only use decent parts. I would rather stay standard OEM than fit crap from Ebay.

I love track days, especially if I can annoy Moley, Robbie and Sooze. However my pockets are not going to be deep enough to run this on track for more than the occasional short session.:runaway::runaway::runaway:

PS - I am doing my best to keep my old Mx5 track car for that purpose anyway, I suspect it will be about 40000000% cheaper on fuel, tyres and engines.:flame:

Cheers,

Rich.

·
Vendor
12,596 Posts
well done!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Lovely car Rich well done on your purchase. What mods do you have planned? Agreed looks great as it is externally :)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Nice car, colour and wheels.

Looks rather familiar. :bowdown1:
The ultimate indeed!

Good grief, you're called Richard too!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Congrats on the purchase mate, I've always had a soft spot for them in this colour too (mostly because of the other Richard's car which happens to look a lot like this one!)

got any pics of the mx5? great little cars, I had a mk1 which I rolled this winter :) gave me the kick to finally step up and put the cash down for (one of) my dream car(s)!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the car and name!

Congratulations!

The ultimate indeed!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave - thank you.

Moleman, pipe down Welshie! I could take you down in my Volvo Diesel Company car whilst eating a sand which. In fact I am surprised at your age that you have not had to give your license back yet! :) (Drinks soon?!)

FRRACER - To start with none, just get it in good condition and reliable as possible. I will clean it up, refurb wheels and make sure it is all running right. I love building engines so will defo do a new engine sometime, sticking with the RB26 but running a nice spec with -5's and 5-600 bhp. It is that kind of power that really brings these things alive, and they don't really seem much less reliable if done properly.

Moff/SM/Git - Thanks very much. I am very excited.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The ultimate indeed!

Slightly scary! It will be good to do track days together, as they will not know which Richard in the Red R32 to Black Flag?!? :flame::flame::banned::banned::banned:

I read your thread last night, looks superb. As decent as mine looks I doubt it will be in that condition, and I certainly don't have the cash to check it into RK for a full over-hall sadly. However I have a tool kit and a sense of adventure. :runaway: Pops is on standby too.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats on the purchase mate, I've always had a soft spot for them in this colour too (mostly because of the other Richard's car which happens to look a lot like this one!)

got any pics of the mx5? great little cars, I had a mk1 which I rolled this winter :) gave me the kick to finally step up and put the cash down for (one of) my dream car(s)!
Thanks Dude. I too love this colour, a mate used to have a 33 in this colour and it looked superb.

The mx5's are great, probably just about as far an opposite from a GTR as you can get, but that is what its all about isn't it, different motoring experiences?! There is a build thread here with some pics and details of the engine I built and a few trackday's so far:

Cheeky Little Track Mk1. - Members Rides - MX5Nutz Forum

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice car and colour, congratulations

Its a long time to wait for anything really especially a dream car but it.will.be worth it :)

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Ha ! You sir are a complete winner !! Can't go wrong with AH3 ! Have some more exclamation marks !!!!!!!! AND CAPS LOCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

The car looks like a lovely base to start the tune from. The strut brace looks somewhat similar to a "JIC MAGIC" -one I've just removed from a 32 GTR.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts