GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My baby wants some new shoes, so i've decided i need to get shot of these since i dont really have the space for a second set of wheels.

4x 17x9+22 Advan Racing RS (GT-R Face, Dark Gun Metallic)
Forged Aluminium (6.9kg each)
255/40/17 with Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 (decent amount of tread, so there's plenty of life in them)
Blue Valves (valve caps got nicked by some scrote... )

condtion
2 are fresh out the box mint..
1 got a small scuff on the spoke at some point and got touched up with some paint.

the last one got a bit more nasty kerbing with the the paint taken off of 3 of the spokes (fortunately no damage to the actual metal of the spoke itself) and a kerb mark on the lip... (my fault, i decided to move the car at 5am, while half asleep 6ft down the road, since the car wasnt opposite my window...... ocd mabye? lol)

afterwhich, i took them off the car in anger, and they've been sat in my hallway ever since.

I've now got a set of wheels in mind, so if i can shift these i'll be a happy chap.

i think £800 with tires is fair, but i'm open to sensible offers.

collection from edinburgh unfortunately,
however i don't mind to travel a reasonable distance for them if it's necessary,

what they looked like on my car...

you can seen the nice curve of the spokes better in this pic :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Pity you are in the UK, These would make some great track day wheels.....Looks like there is lots of room for big brakes.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Me likey...

1 point, if I may. the weight of 6.9kg, is that a figure on the inside of the rim, as usually it is 690kg which is the max load per wheel... just wanted to clarify :)

Shame don't have the funds..

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that's a good question... Yeah maximum load is 690kg,

fortunately to save me from looking totally stupid the weight of a 18x8.5 advan rs is 6.8kg, and a 18x9 wheel is 7.0kg. :D so 6.9kg is a good guesstimate.
4 17x9 volks weighed in at 37kg, and i know from swapping wheels they are definately not heavier.

Measured the tread too, there's about 6mm on each tire.
If the weather was better and i didn't have another set of wheels on the cards i wouldn't be selling these, since i don't want to, it's just a space issue.

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some other random useful titbits of information

I measured the inner barrel and its about 380mm, with the inner 100m widening out to 385-390mm.. (so at it's narrowest 195mm from center of rim to inner barrel)

so the biggest rotors (with calipers) that are going to fit underneath them are 330s,
you could possibly squeeze 355s but i kind of doubt it since it'll leave about 18mm between the disc and the inner barrel (and you'll have nowhere for a caliper :D)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Any chance of a better pic of the left rear.
thanks

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As requested here and via pm some more pics..

First the wheel with the kerb mark, not hideously bad and i could have gotten it tarted up and new looking, but i was keeping them for the track.

you can see why some of the paint got scuffed on 3 of the spokes here, they curve out of the wheel quite a fair bit, which looks nice, just not allways practical, also the "inner lip" protrudes from the wheel which is why that has marks and not the actual lip itself.

general pics of the other wheels..

also some pics for folk that have been asking me about brake clearance, the narrowest point of the barrel is about 380mmin diameter, it widens out towards the rear, so on second thought you could probably run 355s since last 30mm widens out quite a bit to probably around 410mm in diameter (would need a car with bigger brakes to test this out, so i'm just guessing from the sizes)

and some pics of the tires too...

-----------------------

Like i said, these are only for sale since there's a set of wheels i'm after availiable... so if they get sold, then i'm keeping these.

reason being I just dont have room to keep two sets of wheels in the flat, and since i'm not desperate for cash... i'm not going to entertain silly low baller offers, you can try.. quite a few have, but i'll just say no.

I would consider an exchange but only for specific wheels
-Need to be 17x9
-decently low offset, lower the better
-with or without tires, (but if without tires, i'll keep the Direzzas)
-either Volk GT-U or BBS LM (cash either way depending on condition)

others rims considered
-Volk TE37, CE28N, Meister S1 ,Professor SP1, XD9 etc, ie tasteful wheels with dish

-----------------------

sorry for the overkill post...i guess it pays to be specific :runaway:

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah they are still availiable....

BUT, the wheels i was looking to replace them with are now long gone.
So now i'm in no rush to get them sold, unfortuately that means i'm not going to take offers and the price is £800 (collected). Sorry

I'd still consider a trade for the right set of 17x9 wheels.

·
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to let folk know these are still up for grabs should they take anyones fancy

same price, £800 takes them away (buyer will have to collect from Edinburgh, though i can drop them off myself if its within 50-60miles)

or will swap for a set of 17" TE37s, CE28n, GTUs, XD9s, BBS LM or RS (basically any of those in gold or bronze, id be interested)

new pics, taken outside, rather than in the hallway
(apologies for the dirty tires)

and each wheel/tire individually

and the kerbmark on the last wheel,
apparently Nissan Greenish Metallic Grey is a match for the paint so they can be touched up easy as pie (just havent had time recently to repair the paintwork myself yet, so ive left them for the moment,)

had to swap over them for a few days recentlysince i was waiting on new tires for my normal wheels (spare wheels are allways handy in an emergency ;) which is why im not rushing to sell them), .. so a pic of them back on the car, and brake/rotor clearance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts