GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My KPGC10 Skyline GT-R has just arrived in the UK.

After many years sitting unused and forlorn in Kyoto, a full restoration ( by 'NP35' of Nagano, Japan ) was finally completed in November 2005, and the car's first post-resto shakedown was at the 2005 NISMO Festival at Fuji Speedway. Some members here might recall seeing it there ( we were right down at the far end of the pits ).

The car was featured in a four page article in the February 2006 issue of 'Nostalgic Hero' magazine. It then took part in the Neko Publishing 'Time Machine Festival' - held at Fuji Speedway in late March.

In late June it was taken to Yokohama and loaded into a single 20ft container to be sent to Southampton. All went smoothly, and I'm pleased to say that the car is now sitting in my garage in north London ( probably wondering what the hell is going on............ :) ).

The car was built as a club race / track day machine with a nod to period-correct detail and the Works race cars ( although it was not intended to be an accurate Works replica ) and it does have some quite rare original Nissan sports and race option parts on it. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to legalise it for road use here in the UK ( I'm already working on the lighting ) but it is fairly uncivilised on the road and bloody loud inside.

There was a very early PGC10 GT-R ( 4 door ) in South Africa, but I believe that might now have gone back to Japan. So as far as I know, this one is the only genuine C10-series GT-R outside Japan at present.

Hopefully I will be taking it to a few events in the near future, so that people can have a good look at it.

Cheers,
Alan T.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Top Man!

Photo shoot next to an R32 some time in the future ...

How did you manage to get hold of it. Were you looking long?
I like these kind of tales.

·
Registered
292 Posts
That must have cost you a sh*t load of money, more than guys pay for their R34 GTRs for sure. So you going to keep that engine or put on a display and swap in a n RB20DET. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments. Much appreciated.

Bajie said:
How did you manage to get hold of it. Were you looking long? I like these kind of tales.
Actually, the story behind it is quite difficult to explain properly. But to cut a long story short, the car was given to me as a gift. I only paid for the transport inside Japan ( Nagano to Yokohama ) and the shipping, taxes and duties involved in getting it to the UK. The former owner ( a very kind friend ) decided that he was too busy and getting too old to keep it - so whilst it was part-way through its restoration, he decided to give it to me. There's a bit more to it than that - but basically that's it. Amazing, but true.

GTRSTILL said:
Does it sound like this one?
That's the 'R-Factory' car - one of the fastest in Japan, and its quite a star. Its running a 2.2 kit, and has an R32 transmission and quite sophisticated ( ie modern technology ) suspension / brakes. Mine is closer to the original Works spec than that one, but sounds fairly similar on full chat ( but it doesn't have a funny American accent :p ).

DCD said:
Did you get to drive it at Fuji last year?
Hi Dino,
No, I was just the pit gopher and chief sweeper-upper ( as you will have noticed when I spoke to you on the pit wall :) ). The others were trying to get me to go out in it on the Saturday, but I chickened out. Kenji Tohira was going to drive it on the Sunday, but then they put him in Terashima san's Fairlady 240ZR which we were also running - so Matsui san ( of 'NP35' ) went out in the GT-R. Then it started to snow, and there was no way I was going to go out then........
I had a bit of a blast in it back up in Nagano though.

I'm extremely paranoid about the possibility of bending it :eek:

·
6,821 Posts
As I allways said, give me your car over any Nur-spec or what ever . . . .
the few of you who might have had to chance to see the full footages of the races back around the 1970s, know what I mean . . . .:bowdown1:

Lucky bast*^d :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
SteveN said:
Holy mother of god, fair play! Only one outside Japan too:clap:

Id love one of these, though id not be fussed on the originality, just the looks are awesome :bowdown1:
I'm in total awe and agreement with Steve.
Top car!! Congrats.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts